Honda Car Forum


Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Discussion > Honda Technical

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 23 Dec 2012, 08:16 pm
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 71
Default So i have a 94 honda civic so i bought that same car and the car i bought is inpected i...

...have plate for my? Car what do I have to do ? Will I need to inpect the new car or culd I just change the registration to the new car I live in maryland
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 23 Dec 2012, 08:31 pm
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 92

This is from the Maryland state site ("Registration plates acquired by any person, firm, or corporation for any vehicle owned by them may be transferred to a newly acquired vehicle providing the following requirements are met:

1. The vehicle from which the plates are to be transferred must have been sold, traded, junked, or otherwise disposed of.

2. The ownership of the newly acquired vehicle has not changed from the name(s) in which the plates were originally purchased.

3. Both vehicles are of the same registration classification. Complete appropriate sections of the application pertinent to the transfer including tag and sticker number."

If the inspection sticker is current, I don't think a new inspection will be required until it expires.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 23 Dec 2012, 08:46 pm
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 343

Normally if you have purchased a used vehicle and the seller has it registered as a pass fit on the ownership in their name then you can purchase a temporary transit sticker for the vehicle.For example here in Canada if i bought a car and it was a private sale , plus the seller has it pass fit in their name.I'd be allowed a temp plate that is a piece of paper that sticks or is displayed in the car.This 15 buck sticker or temp plate is allowed only if I don't choice the option of registering the car in my name asap and I wish a 10 day temp plate to help me be able to legally drive it to get a safety certificate and or smog test.

Once the vehicle has a valid safety check and cert papers and a valid passed smog test certificate then I'd be able to transfers over valid plates that I may have on another car that is in classification.Any vehicle that has a valid pass fit stamp on it's ownership in my name can be driven by me for as long as I known it and keep up the smog or e-tests every two yrs, plus I'd have to keep purchasing a plate sticker for it every yr or 2 yrs annually.Of course any vehicle also has to have valid auto insurance coverage in order to be legally driven on the roads.

Hope that helps and best of luck.By the way I strongly suggest you just call your free 1800 etc Ministry Of Transportation or DMV office and just ask them so that you know exactly whats what in your local area.
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just bought a Honda Civic? Twiggy Honda Technical 2 29 Dec 2010 09:31 pm
i just bought a used 98 civic and it needs a new clutch so i bought that and the new fly wheel? trevor b Honda Technical 2 01 Sep 2010 07:46 pm
What is the HP on a 96 Civic si? (Just bought it)? Sawyer Honda Technical 5 27 Dec 2009 05:31 pm
I just bought a Honda Pilot today. Has anyone just bought one in this last month? Happy Honda Technical 2 22 Aug 2007 09:36 am
Just bought a new Civic Shaggy Honda 2 3 05 Oct 2003 02:31 pm

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 pm.

Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc. is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.