Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 3

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 14 Mar 2016, 05:54 pm
prmattingly@gmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Japanese engines with less than 30,000 miles - any reliable sources?

On Monday, November 11, 1996 at 1:00:00 AM UTC-7, Chandramouli Sargor wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I have a 1985 Honda Accord LX with 144K miles on it. It seems
> to have a cracked ring (as per the cylinder leak test) and so
> I was considering having a low mileage used Japanese engine
> put in it.
>
> I did a bit of searching around for dealers in used Japanese
> engines and found a whole lot in the U.S. I would like
> to hear from folks who have dealt with dealers in used Japanese
> engines regarding their experiences and recommendations on
> a dealer.
>
> There is this company in California called K. Watanabe Corporation (they
> have 3 branches) that sell what they call reconditioned engines. I spoke
> to someone there and asked what they did to recondition the engine and
> he said they "replace rod bearings, rings, new head gasket, resurface
> the head, seat valves, new valve seals". All this for only $390/-!
> And they have a 12 mo/12,000 mile warranty on parts. This seems too
> good to be true. Has anyone dealt with them? Are their reconditioned
> engines any good?
>
> There is also another company in California called Attarco Japanese Engines
> that sell imported low mileage engines for $350/- - are these folks
> reliable(they seemed to have the lowest price for a used Jap. engine)?
>
> Any info regarding reliable used low mileage Japanese engine dealers
> would be greatly appreciated! What things should I look out for in
> dealing with these folks?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help!
>
> Chandru
>
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> SOME DEALERS OF LOW MILEAGE IMPORTED JAPANESE ENGINES
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Import Engines and Transmissions 800-224-8116 (Honda engines with <42K miles)
> Midwest: HOnda engines guaranteed to have less than 35k: 800-234-1423(Ohio)
>
> Used Engines (602) 497-8031 416 E Baseline Rd Mesa, AZ
> Used Japanese Engines (602) 497-8031 416 E Baseline Rd Mesa, AZ
> Japanese Engines By Winter (602) 930-8520 6825 N 54th Dr Glendale, AZ
> All Japanese Imported Engines (602) 966-5007 1501 E Apache Blvd Tempe, AZ
> Japanese Engine Sales & Svc (602) 997-8118 1702 W Hatcher Rd Bldg B Phoenix,AZ
>
> Japanese Engines & Trans (509) 783-3168 1900 Fowler St Ste F Richland, WA
> Japanese Engines Inc (206) 878-5898 23454 30th Ave S Kent, WA
> Japanese Import Engines (206) 582-6655 5935 Steilacoom Blvd SW Tacoma, WA
> Camco Japanese Engines (206) 850-8814 4044 Auburn Way N Auburn, WA
>
> Japanese Engines Inc (210) 646-6688 4727 Center Park Blvd San Antonio, TX
> Quality Japanese Engines (713) 937-1168 6902 Addicks-fairbanks Houston, TX
> All Star Japanese Engines (214) 788-4299 4321 Lindberg Dr Dallas, TX
> Japanese Engine Inc (210) 646-6688 4727 Center Park Blvd San Antonio, TX
> Japanese Engine Rebuilders (713) 261-2019 2621 S Main St Stafford, TX
>
> L & T Japanese Used Engines (818) 333-1950 13910 Valley Blvd La Puente, CA
> Used Japanese Engines (619) 232-9996 2966 Commercial St San Diego, CA
> Used Japanese Engines (805) 528-5005 1137 Los Olivos Ave Los Osos, CA
> L & T Japanese Used Engines (818) 333-1950 13910 Valley Blvd La Puente, CA
> All Japanese Engines Inc (209) 266-3474 1314 E North Ave Fresno, CA
> Attarco Japanese Engines (916) 920-2522 1430 Auburn Blvd Sacramento, CA
> -> $350/- 6mo/6000 mile warranty
> C & T Japanese Engines Inc (909) 923-5588 1127 E Philadelphia St Ontario, CA
> Used Japanese Engines (805) 528-5005 1137 Los Olivos Ave Los Osos, CA
> H & L Japanese Engine Inc (310) 633-0927 15350 Minnesota Ave Paramount, CA
> H & O Japanese Engines (213) 268-6477 4601 E Washington Blvd Los Angeles, CA
> Japanese Engine Exchange (805) 466-6402 7475 El Camino Real Atascadero, CA
> Japanese Engine Specialists (909) 988-0193 1409 Brooks St Ontario, CA
> K Watanabe Corp 11550 Wright Rd (310) 763-6420 Lynwood, CA
> K Watanabe Corp 14123 Oxnard St (818) 902-0682 Van Nuys, CA
> K Watanabe Corp 4699 Mercury St (619) 569-8374 San Diego, CA
>
> Prime Japanese Engines (804) 798-3403 506 N Leadbetter Rd Ashland, VA
>
> Japanese Engine Clinic Inc (no phone) 9469 S 500 W Sandy, UT
> Japanese Engine Exchange (801) 373-3236 1037 W 500 S Provo, UT
> Japanese Engines & Trans (801) 486-1519
> 2212 S West Temple Ste 12 Salt Lake City, UT
>
> Japanese Engine Of Atlanta (404) 987-2970 5951 Covington Hwy Decatur, GA
>
> TNT Import Engines 800-832-1338 (< 40K miles) (6 month/6000 mile warranty)




Most of these numbers have been disconnected or are no longer in service. Very bad list. Don't waste your time.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 15 Mar 2016, 10:34 pm
Dave Garrett
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Japanese engines with less than 30,000 miles - any reliable sources?

In article <053d20ed-8f84-4794-b008-01351f5b8f91@googlegroups.com>,
prmattingly@gmail.com says...
>
> On Monday, November 11, 1996 at 1:00:00 AM UTC-7, Chandramouli Sargor wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > I have a 1985 Honda Accord LX with 144K miles on it. It seems
> > to have a cracked ring (as per the cylinder leak test) and so
> > I was considering having a low mileage used Japanese engine
> > put in it.
> >
> > I did a bit of searching around for dealers in used Japanese
> > engines and found a whole lot in the U.S. I would like
> > to hear from folks who have dealt with dealers in used Japanese
> > engines regarding their experiences and recommendations on
> > a dealer.
> >
> > There is this company in California called K. Watanabe Corporation (they
> > have 3 branches) that sell what they call reconditioned engines. I spoke
> > to someone there and asked what they did to recondition the engine and
> > he said they "replace rod bearings, rings, new head gasket, resurface
> > the head, seat valves, new valve seals". All this for only $390/-!
> > And they have a 12 mo/12,000 mile warranty on parts. This seems too
> > good to be true. Has anyone dealt with them? Are their reconditioned
> > engines any good?
> >
> > There is also another company in California called Attarco Japanese Engines
> > that sell imported low mileage engines for $350/- - are these folks
> > reliable(they seemed to have the lowest price for a used Jap. engine)?
> >
> > Any info regarding reliable used low mileage Japanese engine dealers
> > would be greatly appreciated! What things should I look out for in
> > dealing with these folks?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any help!
> >
> > Chandru
> >
> >
> > -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > SOME DEALERS OF LOW MILEAGE IMPORTED JAPANESE ENGINES
> > -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > Import Engines and Transmissions 800-224-8116 (Honda engines with <42K miles)
> > Midwest: HOnda engines guaranteed to have less than 35k: 800-234-1423(Ohio)
> >
> > Used Engines (602) 497-8031 416 E Baseline Rd Mesa, AZ
> > Used Japanese Engines (602) 497-8031 416 E Baseline Rd Mesa, AZ
> > Japanese Engines By Winter (602) 930-8520 6825 N 54th Dr Glendale, AZ
> > All Japanese Imported Engines (602) 966-5007 1501 E Apache Blvd Tempe, AZ
> > Japanese Engine Sales & Svc (602) 997-8118 1702 W Hatcher Rd Bldg B Phoenix,AZ
> >
> > Japanese Engines & Trans (509) 783-3168 1900 Fowler St Ste F Richland, WA
> > Japanese Engines Inc (206) 878-5898 23454 30th Ave S Kent, WA
> > Japanese Import Engines (206) 582-6655 5935 Steilacoom Blvd SW Tacoma, WA
> > Camco Japanese Engines (206) 850-8814 4044 Auburn Way N Auburn, WA
> >
> > Japanese Engines Inc (210) 646-6688 4727 Center Park Blvd San Antonio, TX
> > Quality Japanese Engines (713) 937-1168 6902 Addicks-fairbanks Houston, TX
> > All Star Japanese Engines (214) 788-4299 4321 Lindberg Dr Dallas, TX
> > Japanese Engine Inc (210) 646-6688 4727 Center Park Blvd San Antonio, TX
> > Japanese Engine Rebuilders (713) 261-2019 2621 S Main St Stafford, TX
> >
> > L & T Japanese Used Engines (818) 333-1950 13910 Valley Blvd La Puente, CA
> > Used Japanese Engines (619) 232-9996 2966 Commercial St San Diego, CA
> > Used Japanese Engines (805) 528-5005 1137 Los Olivos Ave Los Osos, CA
> > L & T Japanese Used Engines (818) 333-1950 13910 Valley Blvd La Puente, CA
> > All Japanese Engines Inc (209) 266-3474 1314 E North Ave Fresno, CA
> > Attarco Japanese Engines (916) 920-2522 1430 Auburn Blvd Sacramento, CA
> > -> $350/- 6mo/6000 mile warranty
> > C & T Japanese Engines Inc (909) 923-5588 1127 E Philadelphia St Ontario, CA
> > Used Japanese Engines (805) 528-5005 1137 Los Olivos Ave Los Osos, CA
> > H & L Japanese Engine Inc (310) 633-0927 15350 Minnesota Ave Paramount, CA
> > H & O Japanese Engines (213) 268-6477 4601 E Washington Blvd Los Angeles, CA
> > Japanese Engine Exchange (805) 466-6402 7475 El Camino Real Atascadero, CA
> > Japanese Engine Specialists (909) 988-0193 1409 Brooks St Ontario, CA
> > K Watanabe Corp 11550 Wright Rd (310) 763-6420 Lynwood, CA
> > K Watanabe Corp 14123 Oxnard St (818) 902-0682 Van Nuys, CA
> > K Watanabe Corp 4699 Mercury St (619) 569-8374 San Diego, CA
> >
> > Prime Japanese Engines (804) 798-3403 506 N Leadbetter Rd Ashland, VA
> >
> > Japanese Engine Clinic Inc (no phone) 9469 S 500 W Sandy, UT
> > Japanese Engine Exchange (801) 373-3236 1037 W 500 S Provo, UT
> > Japanese Engines & Trans (801) 486-1519
> > 2212 S West Temple Ste 12 Salt Lake City, UT
> >
> > Japanese Engine Of Atlanta (404) 987-2970 5951 Covington Hwy Decatur, GA
> >
> > TNT Import Engines 800-832-1338 (< 40K miles) (6 month/6000 mile warranty)

>
>
>
> Most of these numbers have been disconnected or are no longer in service. Very bad list. Don't waste your time.


The original post is twenty years old, and the supply of cheap, low-
mileage Japanese engines that were relatively current technology at the
time but now haven't been manufactured in years was bound to dry up
eventually. You used to be able to get Honda B-series engines for a few
hundred bucks back in the 90s, but that hasn't been the case for quite a
while, as a quick eBay search will demonstrate.

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
where can i find a shop that sells japanese imported honda engines near los angeles? DANNY Honda Technical 3 24 Feb 2013 02:46 am
are the rotor engines reliable? abraham Honda Technical 5 27 Dec 2010 11:31 pm
i am looking for a website where i can find japanese engines and front cuts for toyota and honda? Don R Honda Technical 6 29 Sep 2007 06:12 pm
where can i find cheap japanese engines? hatch92back Honda Technical 4 16 Aug 2007 03:21 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.