Honda Car Forum

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 May 2014, 07:20 pm
latrocinium086@gmail.com

Default Fuel pump relay, no rpm, and losing power

Hi guys, thanks in advance for any help.
2001 honda civic LX
When starting the car she runs fine at first, then you'll hear a click and she will almost stall. After a short period of driving the clicks stop, loses almost all power(like a bad vacuum leak), rpm, fuel gauge stop working and AC basically stops cooling.
The guy I got it from said it was the ecu, but...
So pulled ecu, tested all power transistors and igbts, is good. Replaced eld,better safe than sorry.
So after cleaning out the IAC(don't ask) I decided to start like I was fixing a video game. Found the source of the clicking, it's the fuel relay under passenger dash. So after doing some checking and testing noticed that theclicking stopped and the relay was overheated. Hit it with canned air, andeverything works.
So is it just the relay or a short in the fuel pump electrical or the fuel pump, or something else entirely?

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)