Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 3

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01 Dec 2004, 12:05 pm
KOS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 2000 Honda Accord Ex- question- lights in clock and radio light goes dim

Hi, I have a 2000 Accord, just noticed that when I drive car the light
behind clock and the light in radio goes dim/ actually goes slightly
dimmer then lighter. This happens only when driving, not when in park.
Is this an alternator? Car has 30K miles. Thanks
KOS
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01 Dec 2004, 12:33 pm
Randolph
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2000 Honda Accord Ex- question- lights in clock and radio light goesdim

When did this start? Did you buy the car new? Is the brightness constant
for as long as you are driving?

The clock and radio backlights are supposed to dim when you turn on your
parking lights or headlights, in earlier days Daytime Running Lights
were often so poorly intedgrated with the rest of the lighting system
that the clock / radio backlight would be dim whenever the DRL's were on
(which is to say any time you are driving the car).

So, in short, I would suspect some kind of interaction with the parking
/ headlights rather than an alternator problem.

KOS wrote:
>
> Hi, I have a 2000 Accord, just noticed that when I drive car the light
> behind clock and the light in radio goes dim/ actually goes slightly
> dimmer then lighter. This happens only when driving, not when in park.
> Is this an alternator? Car has 30K miles. Thanks
> KOS

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02 Dec 2004, 02:30 pm
KOS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2000 Honda Accord Ex- question- lights in clock and radio light goes dim

Randolph <trash@junkmail.com> wrote in message news:<41AE0F4C.A776B9AD@junkmail.com>...
> When did this start? Did you buy the car new? Is the brightness constant
> for as long as you are driving?
>
> The clock and radio backlights are supposed to dim when you turn on your
> parking lights or headlights, in earlier days Daytime Running Lights
> were often so poorly intedgrated with the rest of the lighting system
> that the clock / radio backlight would be dim whenever the DRL's were on
> (which is to say any time you are driving the car).
>
> So, in short, I would suspect some kind of interaction with the parking
> / headlights rather than an alternator problem.
>
> KOS wrote:
> >
> > Hi, I have a 2000 Accord, just noticed that when I drive car the light
> > behind clock and the light in radio goes dim/ actually goes slightly
> > dimmer then lighter. This happens only when driving, not when in park.
> > Is this an alternator? Car has 30K miles. Thanks
> > KOS

Thanks for the reply. I bought this car brand new 4 years ago- its a
2000. Never had this before. Again, when I have the lights on (you can
really see it) when I drive the light in the clock and radio fluctuate
higher and lower. Not on and off, but almost as if you have a digital
watch and put pressure on the face of it, that type of dimming effect,
up and down.
Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04 Dec 2004, 02:11 am
Randolph
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2000 Honda Accord Ex- question- lights in clock and radio lightgoes dim


KOS wrote:
>
> Randolph <trash@junkmail.com> wrote in message news:<41AE0F4C.A776B9AD@junkmail.com>...


> Thanks for the reply. I bought this car brand new 4 years ago- its a
> 2000. Never had this before. Again, when I have the lights on (you can
> really see it) when I drive the light in the clock and radio fluctuate
> higher and lower. Not on and off, but almost as if you have a digital
> watch and put pressure on the face of it, that type of dimming effect,
> up and down.
> Thank you


What if you leave the lights on and the engine running and walk around
the car, do you see anything strange with any of the exterior lights?

When the clock and radio lights pulsate, is it at a constant rate, or is
it random?

Do you have an after-market alarm in the car?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda Odyssey 2000 no light in the clock janco Honda 2 5 28 Mar 2007 12:26 am
2000 Honda Accord EX Clock Light- need help replacing KOS Honda 3 7 31 Jul 2006 08:19 pm
Clock light 2000 Accord Coupe Mark Savoy Honda 2 3 15 May 2006 07:52 pm
Clock Light - 2000 Accord Me Honda 2 11 06 Mar 2004 02:02 pm
2000 TL Clock LIght Roy Wheatley Acura 1 14 Jan 2004 11:50 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.