Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 3

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 16 Aug 2004, 11:47 pm
EDSD
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default wet drivers side carpet

Hi,
I was experiencing a very bad odor coming from the car and decided to
investigate, turns out that the drivers side carpet is soaking wet. Anybody
have a clue as to what can cause this.
By the way, I have a 2000 Honda Civic coupe automatic. Have had it for about
2.5 months.

The area near the pedals is dry, it is mostly wet in front of the tracks of
the drivers side door.
The passenger's side is not wet , neither are the back seats.
Thanks in advance for your consideration.


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 17 Aug 2004, 09:43 am
Chris Garcia
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: wet drivers side carpet

"EDSD" <ppupet@yahoo.com> decided to join the conversation on 16 Aug
2004 with message news:befUc.60417$sk2.1237286@wagner.videotron.net:

> The area near the pedals is dry, it is mostly wet in front of the
> tracks of the drivers side door.
> The passenger's side is not wet , neither are the back seats.
> Thanks in advance for your consideration.
>
>
>


My only guess would be the seals around the door are bad.. Does it get
worse after a good raining?

--
-Chris
http://www.ChrisGarcia.com - My Homepage
http://www.Evangar.com - Affordable Web Hosting, and much more!
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 17 Aug 2004, 08:01 pm
Nobody
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: wet drivers side carpet

Chris Garcia <chris@evangar.com> wrote in news:Xns9548591AF693Achrisgarcia@
68.1.17.6:

> "EDSD" <ppupet@yahoo.com> decided to join the conversation on 16 Aug
> 2004 with message news:befUc.60417$sk2.1237286@wagner.videotron.net:
>
>> The area near the pedals is dry, it is mostly wet in front of the
>> tracks of the drivers side door.
>> The passenger's side is not wet , neither are the back seats.
>> Thanks in advance for your consideration.
>>
>>
>>

>
> My only guess would be the seals around the door are bad.. Does it get
> worse after a good raining?
>


I had an '86 Ford Tempo where, after a really hard rainstorm, there would
be an INCH of water in the driver's footwell. It only occurred one summer,
so I assume there were leaves or some other debris clogging the drainage
mechanism causing it to overflow.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 20 Aug 2004, 06:44 pm
EDSD
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: wet drivers side carpet

Yesterday it rained like crazy and the inside wasn't wet, difference was
that the car was parked on a flat surface as compared to an incline, car was
headed up.
Anybody experience such problems?
Thanks
"EDSD" <ppupet@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:befUc.60417$sk2.1237286@wagner.videotron.net. ..
> Hi,
> I was experiencing a very bad odor coming from the car and decided to
> investigate, turns out that the drivers side carpet is soaking wet.

Anybody
> have a clue as to what can cause this.
> By the way, I have a 2000 Honda Civic coupe automatic. Have had it for

about
> 2.5 months.
>
> The area near the pedals is dry, it is mostly wet in front of the tracks

of
> the drivers side door.
> The passenger's side is not wet , neither are the back seats.
> Thanks in advance for your consideration.
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 24 Aug 2004, 12:41 pm
Gothkitty67
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: wet drivers side carpet

oh I have the exact same problem and cant figure it out. I have a 93 honda
del sol and its never done this until a few months ago. I asked honda and
they said to bring it to a body shop but I havent yet. my carpet gets so
wet it smells really moldy..really gross. I even put two big pans under
there when it rained but nothing. it doesnt get wet every time it rains
either which is weird. I park on a flat surface all the time but
sometimes its wet and sometimes its not. and its only the passenger side
too. I even tried to have my boyfreind run water over it and nothing.
let me know if you figure this out too..I need help also!!!

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 25 Aug 2004, 12:05 am
E. Meyer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: wet drivers side carpet

On 8/24/04 11:41 AM, in article
a60e0b797ccf1fc3eb4c2e57a122a100@loc...o utautos.com, "Gothkitty67"
<sherry.tucker@fmr.com> wrote:

> oh I have the exact same problem and cant figure it out. I have a 93 honda
> del sol and its never done this until a few months ago. I asked honda and
> they said to bring it to a body shop but I havent yet. my carpet gets so
> wet it smells really moldy..really gross. I even put two big pans under
> there when it rained but nothing. it doesnt get wet every time it rains
> either which is weird. I park on a flat surface all the time but
> sometimes its wet and sometimes its not. and its only the passenger side
> too. I even tried to have my boyfreind run water over it and nothing.
> let me know if you figure this out too..I need help also!!!
>


If its only on the passenger side, check that the drain hose is in place on
the bottom of the AC unit and not clogged.

Another possibility is a leaking heater core. Does it smell like
anti-freeze?

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07 Sep 2004, 05:04 pm
Gothkitty67
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: wet drivers side carpet

well Ive had this same problem for two months now. finally I think its
fixed! I told my del sol to a body shop and he noticed a small crack in
between the door (when you open the door see if you see a crack in the
metal). he fixed this for $10 and said it was wrecked so its coming apart
in that area. maybe its the same thing with your car? check and see and
Ill be happy to help you out if I can. thanks!

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
98 Civic Drivers side window Pumba Honda 2 4 27 May 2004 11:09 pm
FA: 00-03 HONDA CIVIC DRIVERS SIDE HEADLIGHT OEM its4pla Honda 3 0 17 Oct 2003 01:42 am
FA: 00-03 HONDA CIVIC DRIVERS SIDE HEADLIGHT OEM its4pla Honda 2 0 17 Oct 2003 01:41 am
FA: 00-03 HONDA CIVIC DRIVERS SIDE HEADLIGHT OEM its4pla Honda 3 0 02 Sep 2003 10:45 pm
FA: 00-03 HONDA CIVIC DRIVERS SIDE HEADLIGHT OEM its4pla Honda 2 0 02 Sep 2003 10:44 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.