Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 3

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 21 Feb 2004, 09:00 pm
wingbay
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 2005 honda odyssey

Hi All:
Does anyone know when the 2005 Honda odyssey will be available? Besides,
how much it would be? I am really interested in this new model. But looks
like no news about it.

Thanks


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 22 Feb 2004, 08:50 am
Chris
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2005 honda odyssey

The Odyssey is clearly due for a model change. The 2004 edition is the sixth
year of production for that model. Anyone that's owned Honda's for as long
as I have will know that in years past, they religiously revised model
styles every four years.
-chris

"wingbay" <wingbay@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:5XUZb.97996$uV3.570951@attbi_s51...
> Hi All:
> Does anyone know when the 2005 Honda odyssey will be available?

Besides,
> how much it would be? I am really interested in this new model. But looks
> like no news about it.
>
> Thanks
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 22 Feb 2004, 04:34 pm
Jacky Lau
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2005 honda odyssey

If you check Honda's website, I mean the japan one. You see the new odyssey
is available. But not for NA. I think the new Odyssey will be availble in
NA around October 04.
"wingbay" <wingbay@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:5XUZb.97996$uV3.570951@attbi_s51...
> Hi All:
> Does anyone know when the 2005 Honda odyssey will be available?

Besides,
> how much it would be? I am really interested in this new model. But looks
> like no news about it.
>
> Thanks
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 22 Feb 2004, 04:55 pm
Franz Bestuchev
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2005 honda odyssey

Jacky Lau wrote:
> If you check Honda's website, I mean the japan one. You see the new odyssey
> is available. But not for NA. I think the new Odyssey will be availble in
> NA around October 04.
> "wingbay" <wingbay@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:5XUZb.97996$uV3.570951@attbi_s51...
>
>>Hi All:
>> Does anyone know when the 2005 Honda odyssey will be available?

>
> Besides,
>
>>how much it would be? I am really interested in this new model. But looks
>>like no news about it.
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>

>
>
>



http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-lineup/odyssey/

For those who can't navigate in Japanese
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 22 Feb 2004, 05:05 pm
Elmo P. Shagnasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2005 honda odyssey

In article <p8a_b.2072$253.168862@news20.bellglobal.com>,
"Jacky Lau" <jackylau76@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> If you check Honda's website, I mean the japan one. You see the new odyssey
> is available. But not for NA. I think the new Odyssey will be availble in
> NA around October 04.


If you check Honda's Japan web site, you'll see that THEIR new Odyssey
is available. It's essentially our OLD Odyssey, with updates. It's
still the tall Accord wagon with swing-out rear doors, etc.

What Japan calls the Odyssey, isn't sold here in North America.

What we call the Odyssey is sold in Japan as the Lagreat. If you find
the Japanese web site with mentions of the 05 Lagreat, that would be
what you're looking for.

But if you see something now with Odyssey, that's a product NA will
never see.

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 22 Feb 2004, 05:06 pm
Elmo P. Shagnasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2005 honda odyssey

In article <c1bc0o$1g8n2e$1@ID-132998.news.uni-berlin.de>,
Franz Bestuchev <fbestuchev@hotmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-lineup/odyssey/
>
> For those who can't navigate in Japanese


Has absolutely nothing to do with our Odyssey. Our Odyssey is called
Lagreat over in Japan.

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 22 Feb 2004, 05:08 pm
Elmo P. Shagnasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2005 honda odyssey

In article <Kk3_b.588929$X%5.191901@pd7tw2no>,
"Chris" <whosechris@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> Anyone that's owned Honda's for as long
> as I have will know that in years past, they religiously revised model
> styles every four years.


And a few years ago, changed that to a 5 year cycle. The 98 Accord went
until 03, and the 96 Civic went until 01 before revisions and platform
change.

Always look to the Accord and Civic. Those are the bread and butter
cars that establish baseline platforms: Civic for cheaper and smaller,
and Accord for bigger and more expensive.

So the new Civic comes, and shortly thereafter comes the new CRV--based
on the Civic platform. Likewise the new Accord came in 03, and shortly
thereafter come the other vehicles based on the same platform: Odyssey,
Pilot, MDX, TL, etc.

Honda makes the most of just a couple basic platforms. Smart engineers,
they are.

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 22 Feb 2004, 05:13 pm
Dick M.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2005 honda odyssey

The roof line looks to be lower. Has the headroom for any
of the seats been reduced?
Dick





>
> http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-lineup/odyssey/
>
> For those who can't navigate in Japanese



Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 22 Feb 2004, 05:24 pm
Franz Bestuchev
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2005 honda odyssey

Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:
> In article <c1bc0o$1g8n2e$1@ID-132998.news.uni-berlin.de>,
> Franz Bestuchev <fbestuchev@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>>http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-lineup/odyssey/
>>
>>For those who can't navigate in Japanese

>
>
> Has absolutely nothing to do with our Odyssey. Our Odyssey is called
> Lagreat over in Japan.
>


Didn't know that

http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-lineup/lagreat/
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 23 Feb 2004, 12:20 am
Steve Arndt
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2005 honda odyssey

http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-lineup/lagreat/

Steve

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote in message
news:elmop-C74974.18053722022004@news.usenetserver.com...
> In article <p8a_b.2072$253.168862@news20.bellglobal.com>,
> "Jacky Lau" <jackylau76@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
> > If you check Honda's website, I mean the japan one. You see the new

odyssey
> > is available. But not for NA. I think the new Odyssey will be availble

in
> > NA around October 04.

>
> If you check Honda's Japan web site, you'll see that THEIR new Odyssey
> is available. It's essentially our OLD Odyssey, with updates. It's
> still the tall Accord wagon with swing-out rear doors, etc.
>
> What Japan calls the Odyssey, isn't sold here in North America.
>
> What we call the Odyssey is sold in Japan as the Lagreat. If you find
> the Japanese web site with mentions of the 05 Lagreat, that would be
> what you're looking for.
>
> But if you see something now with Odyssey, that's a product NA will
> never see.
>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2005 Honda hybrid Accord and 2006 Odyssey oil filters Art Honda 3 5 20 Jun 2006 08:52 am
The new 2005 Honda Odyssey sam246 Honda 3 0 05 Jul 2005 03:49 am
2005 Honda Odyssey Mo@nospam.net Honda 3 20 16 Oct 2004 10:39 pm
2005 Honda Odyssey Phyl/Ron Johnson Honda 2 3 27 Aug 2004 10:06 am
2005 honda odyssey wingbay Honda 2 20 07 Mar 2004 04:49 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.