Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 3

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 21 Aug 2011, 08:25 am
robb
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default '93 Civic Si HB, Brake lights come on automatically ?

One morning the brake lights are just magically on all by themselves.

What is likely problem ?

None of the following attempts clears up the problem.

> push and release brake pedal several times
> Cranking the engine turning lights on and off along with brake
> presses


Thanks for any helpful advice or humorous anecdotes ,
robb

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 21 Aug 2011, 10:17 am
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: '93 Civic Si HB, Brake lights come on automatically ?

On 08/21/2011 06:25 AM, robb wrote:
> One morning the brake lights are just magically on all by themselves.
>
> What is likely problem ?
>
> None of the following attempts clears up the problem.
>
>> push and release brake pedal several times
>> Cranking the engine turning lights on and off along with brake presses

>
> Thanks for any helpful advice or humorous anecdotes ,
> robb


there's a small plastic plug on the brake pedal lever that activates the
brake light button. sometimes it cracks and falls out leaving the brake
lights on. look on the carpet and if you find some broken plastic
you've not seen before, that's it. just get a new one, push it in the
hole, and you're set.


--
nomina rutrum rutrum
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 21 Aug 2011, 05:45 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: '93 Civic Si HB, Brake lights come on automatically ?

jim beam <me@privacy.net> wrote in
news:85Gdne5M0sjzvMzTnZ2dnUVZ_tWgnZ2d@speakeasy.ne t:

> On 08/21/2011 06:25 AM, robb wrote:
>> One morning the brake lights are just magically on all by themselves.
>>
>> What is likely problem ?
>>
>> None of the following attempts clears up the problem.
>>
>>> push and release brake pedal several times
>>> Cranking the engine turning lights on and off along with brake presses

>>
>> Thanks for any helpful advice or humorous anecdotes ,
>> robb

>
> there's a small plastic plug on the brake pedal lever that activates the
> brake light button. sometimes it cracks and falls out leaving the brake
> lights on. look on the carpet and if you find some broken plastic
> you've not seen before, that's it. just get a new one, push it in the
> hole, and you're set.
>
>




What he said.

The part is about $5 at the dealer, and is available nowhere else.


--
Tegger
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 21 Aug 2011, 08:10 pm
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: '93 Civic Si HB, Brake lights come on automatically ?

On 08/21/2011 03:45 PM, Tegger wrote:
> jim beam<me@privacy.net> wrote in
> news:85Gdne5M0sjzvMzTnZ2dnUVZ_tWgnZ2d@speakeasy.ne t:
>
>> On 08/21/2011 06:25 AM, robb wrote:
>>> One morning the brake lights are just magically on all by themselves.
>>>
>>> What is likely problem ?
>>>
>>> None of the following attempts clears up the problem.
>>>
>>>> push and release brake pedal several times
>>>> Cranking the engine turning lights on and off along with brake presses
>>>
>>> Thanks for any helpful advice or humorous anecdotes ,
>>> robb

>>
>> there's a small plastic plug on the brake pedal lever that activates the
>> brake light button. sometimes it cracks and falls out leaving the brake
>> lights on. look on the carpet and if you find some broken plastic
>> you've not seen before, that's it. just get a new one, push it in the
>> hole, and you're set.
>>
>>

>
>
>
> What he said.
>
> The part is about $5 at the dealer, and is available nowhere else.
>
>


you can also get them at junkyards. i got one there to repair a
friend's civic, and the yard's checkout people just waved me through.
just not worth charging for as far as they were concerned.

--
nomina rutrum rutrum
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 23 Aug 2011, 04:33 am
robb
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: '93 Civic Si HB, Brake lights come on automatically ? (upd)

"jim beam" wrote in message
news:85Gdne5M0sjzvMzTnZ2dnUVZ_tWgnZ2d@speakeasy.ne t...

> On 08/21/2011 06:25 AM, robb wrote:
> > One morning the brake lights are just magically on all by
> > themselves.
> > What is likely problem ?

>
> there's a small plastic plug on the brake pedal lever that activates
> the brake light button. sometimes it cracks and falls out leaving
> the brake lights on. look on the carpet and if you find some broken
> plastic you've not seen before, that's it. just get a new one, push
> it in the hole, and you're set.
> -
> nomina rutrum rutrum


That was it !
in about 8 small pieces scattered around the floor board.

Thanks for the help,
robb

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 23 Aug 2011, 04:44 am
robb
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: '93 Civic Si HB, Brake lights come on automatically ?

"Tegger" wrote in message
news:Xns9F48BEB479446tegger@208.90.168.18...

>jim beam <me@privacy.net> wrote in
>news:85Gdne5M0sjzvMzTnZ2dnUVZ_tWgnZ2d@speakeasy.n et:
>
>> On 08/21/2011 06:25 AM, robb wrote:
>>> One morning the brake lights are just magically on all by
>>> themselves.
>>> What is likely problem ?

>>
>> there's a small plastic plug on the brake pedal lever that [trim]
>> ... cracked

>
> The part is about $5 at the dealer, and is available nowhere else.
>


Thanks for help Tegger.
robb


Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'93 Civic Si HB, Brake lights come on automatically ? robb Honda 1 5 23 Aug 2011 04:44 am
'93 Civic Si HB, Brake lights come on automatically ? robb Acura 7 23 Aug 2011 04:44 am
'93 Civic Si HB, Brake lights come on automatically ? robb Honda 2 7 23 Aug 2011 04:44 am
Please help-Dashboard lights are turning off automatically... owaisahmed@gmail.com Honda 2 1 16 Apr 2006 03:26 pm
Turn lights do not cancel automatically - Please help!! SK Honda 2 0 19 Dec 2005 04:55 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.