Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 3

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01 Feb 2011, 03:16 am
Meatman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default CRX OIL DRAIN CRUSH WASHER: What size is a 1-over washer?

Had go with the 1-over oil drain plug from Advance/AZ/Reilly' or the
like as it was stripping out. I know the routine, but the damage
started before I got to it :-) "I" use a torque wrench :-) Still buy
Honda filters but the only way to get the stock crush washer (dealer)
to fit is to wrench it on in a vice ever so tenderly. So what size am
I looking for...or how to tell on my own? Just curious if anyone has
the specs on the tip of their tongue. Don't waste a lot of time on
this, pls. Also, for those who don't know...basically walk into your
dealer and ask for 'x' number of oil filters and they won't ask the
model/type for anything from '86-2010 (which is almost everything).
AFAIK the only difference is the S2000 filter, IF IF IF I remember
correctly? Anyway, thanks again Beamer, Tigger, Nasty and the
gang! :-)
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01 Feb 2011, 07:33 am
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: CRX OIL DRAIN CRUSH WASHER: What size is a 1-over washer?

Meatman <KevinLee33@comcast.net> wrote in
news:e0b120de-00b8-4f7a-8e05-f85f2535c432@d19g2000yql.googlegroups.com:

> Had go with the 1-over oil drain plug from Advance/AZ/Reilly' or the
> like as it was stripping out. I know the routine, but the damage
> started before I got to it :-) "I" use a torque wrench :-) Still buy
> Honda filters but the only way to get the stock crush washer (dealer)
> to fit is to wrench it on in a vice ever so tenderly. So what size am
> I looking for...or how to tell on my own? Just curious if anyone has
> the specs on the tip of their tongue.




It's 7/8" overall diameter, with a 9/16" hole in the middle.
The OD's not really important, so an inch OD would do.

You can get nylon and other types of washers at any auto parts store.



> Don't waste a lot of time on this, pls.



I have some sitting right here.



> Also, for those who don't
> know...basically walk into your dealer and ask for 'x' number of oil
> filters and they won't ask the model/type for anything from '86-2010
> (which is almost everything). AFAIK the only difference is the S2000
> filter,



There is just one filter that fits most models (15400-PLM-A02), but
there are a couple of other sizes in use, so they SHOULD ask you what it's
going on.



--
Tegger
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02 Feb 2011, 04:16 am
Meatman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: CRX OIL DRAIN CRUSH WASHER: What size is a 1-over washer?

> > Don't waste a lot of time on this, please...
Nice one, Lenny Bruce. I meant don't waste too much time trying to
find the answer/research. If you know...then you know. That would be
sufficient info.

> There is just one filter that fits most models (15400-PLM-A02)...

My point exactly. "I need an Accord filter"."I need a CRX filter".
9.7/10 times (oh, and they know me) if they threw a filter at you/me,
it would fit. Period. Pretty universal in the filter department by a
friggin long shot.

> there are a "couple" of other sizes in use...

yep. I noted one of the two you mentioned. A "couple'" is two.
S2000 is one. What's the other one, honestly? Curious now.
Ridgeline?

>> You can get nylon and other types of washers at any auto parts store.

Now back to sincerity: After doing the one-over plug I figgered I
stay with the alum crush as the dealer does. No difference using
nylon or similar so long as it has a crush/formable factor to it and
won't melt/deform under heat...as compared to stiff generic steel
washer?? I've never tested any other options but do remember nylon
washers on a few cars over time. Maybe the best option considering my
situation. And cheapest.

And, yes, actually...despite the sarcasm...thanks Tigger! Much
obliged yet again :-)

Kevin




Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02 Feb 2011, 08:38 am
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: CRX OIL DRAIN CRUSH WASHER: What size is a 1-over washer?

Meatman <KevinLee33@comcast.net> wrote in news:a4da827c-b86f-4844-9fb6-
c6e71dd2267c@k9g2000yqi.googlegroups.com:

>> > Don't waste a lot of time on this, please...

>
> Nice one, Lenny Bruce. I meant don't waste too much time trying to
> find the answer/research. If you know...then you know. That would be
> sufficient info.
>
>> There is just one filter that fits most models (15400-PLM-A02)...

>
> My point exactly. "I need an Accord filter"."I need a CRX filter".
> 9.7/10 times (oh, and they know me) if they threw a filter at you/me,
> it would fit. Period. Pretty universal in the filter department by a
> friggin long shot.
>
>> there are a "couple" of other sizes in use...

>
> yep. I noted one of the two you mentioned. A "couple'" is two.
> S2000 is one. What's the other one, honestly? Curious now.
> Ridgeline?




Probably. And an Acura version (maybe the 5-cylinder engine). I'd have to
ask my parts guy to be sure.


>
>>> You can get nylon and other types of washers at any auto parts store.

>
> Now back to sincerity: After doing the one-over plug I figgered I
> stay with the alum crush as the dealer does. No difference using
> nylon or similar so long as it has a crush/formable factor to it and
> won't melt/deform under heat...as compared to stiff generic steel
> washer??



You can use just about any kind of washer you want. The dealer's is the
/correct/ one, but if your drain plug doesn't hold too well, it may not be
the best choice for you anymore.

I did some experimentation years ago, and found that gaskets made of nylon
or other gasketing materials held just fine with 20# of torque on the bolt.



> I've never tested any other options but do remember nylon
> washers on a few cars over time. Maybe the best option considering my
> situation. And cheapest.
>
> And, yes, actually...despite the sarcasm...thanks Tigger! Much
> obliged yet again :-)
>



I try.


--
Tegger
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02 Feb 2011, 10:53 am
Al
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: CRX OIL DRAIN CRUSH WASHER: What size is a 1-over washer?

pssst: Hey there Christopher Robin, he might appreciate it if you
called him Tegger (as derived from "Integra") instead of Tigger (as
found in Winnie-the-Pooh)


On 2/2/2011 4:16 AM, Meatman wrote:
>>> Don't waste a lot of time on this, please...

> Nice one, Lenny Bruce. I meant don't waste too much time trying to
> find the answer/research. If you know...then you know. That would be
> sufficient info.
>
>> There is just one filter that fits most models (15400-PLM-A02)...

> My point exactly. "I need an Accord filter"."I need a CRX filter".
> 9.7/10 times (oh, and they know me) if they threw a filter at you/me,
> it would fit. Period. Pretty universal in the filter department by a
> friggin long shot.
>
>> there are a "couple" of other sizes in use...

> yep. I noted one of the two you mentioned. A "couple'" is two.
> S2000 is one. What's the other one, honestly? Curious now.
> Ridgeline?
>
>>> You can get nylon and other types of washers at any auto parts store.

> Now back to sincerity: After doing the one-over plug I figgered I
> stay with the alum crush as the dealer does. No difference using
> nylon or similar so long as it has a crush/formable factor to it and
> won't melt/deform under heat...as compared to stiff generic steel
> washer?? I've never tested any other options but do remember nylon
> washers on a few cars over time. Maybe the best option considering my
> situation. And cheapest.
>
> And, yes, actually...despite the sarcasm...thanks Tigger! Much
> obliged yet again :-)
>
> Kevin
>
>
>
>


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02 Feb 2011, 01:31 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: CRX OIL DRAIN CRUSH WASHER: What size is a 1-over washer?

Al <al@spamless.net> wrote in news:4d497de0$0$24223$607ed4bc@cv.net:

> pssst: Hey there Christopher Robin, he might appreciate it if you
> called him Tegger (as derived from "Integra") instead of Tigger (as
> found in Winnie-the-Pooh)




"Tegger" is in fact derived from both Integra AND Tigger. When I thought of
the name, my daughter was very small, and Tigger was her favorite Pooh
character.

I later discovered I was far from the first to use "Tegger" as a handle.


--
Tegger
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03 Feb 2011, 04:20 am
Meatman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: CRX OIL DRAIN CRUSH WASHER: What size is a 1-over washer?

<<I try. >>

....and we appreciate it. Smooch!!! (But only in a smart-ass kinda
way!) :-)

<<Hey there Christopher Robin, he might appreciate it if you
called him Tegger (as derived from "Integra") instead of Tigger (as
found in Winnie-the-Pooh) >>

Heh-heh! No offense intended. Me and a buddy bastardize every name,
title, phrase, euphemism, etc possible as it comes to our minds. It's
just a "thing". Nothin' personal except that it's fun...for me
anyway!! :-) Tigger, Beamer, and Nasty. AKA: TEGGER, JIM BEAM, and
ELMO SHAGNASTY. A little levity mixed with proper 'thanks' and
respect can't hurt, right? Besides, (laughing to self!!!!!!), Tigger
has heard much worse! :^) BUT THE REAL QUESTION IS: What's the
most wonderful thing about Tiggers???? Look it up..
-
Sub-thread done! Now, back on topic, people. :-)

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03 Feb 2011, 04:23 am
Meatman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: CRX OIL DRAIN CRUSH WASHER: What size is a 1-over washer?

As for "AL", I guess you gotta be Alfred or Albert or Alfonso...just
in case the opportunity shows itself in the future. I'll let ya
pick! All in fun. :-) Happy Honda-ing everyone!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2004 accord coupe drain plug washer? abraham Honda Technical 3 18 Nov 2008 11:46 pm
what is the size of the crush washer used on the oil drain bolt of a 2007 Honda Civic Si? e60.deluxe Honda Technical 1 21 Dec 2007 10:31 am
Crush Washer 76steelers@bellsouth.net Honda 3 19 16 Oct 2005 10:36 am
2003 Honda Accord Oil Drain Washer Replacement pencilcup Honda 3 20 28 Feb 2005 09:09 am
Oil Drain Crush Washer Dennis Marks Honda 3 43 01 May 2004 10:41 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:51 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.