Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 3

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 29 Dec 2010, 08:01 pm
S F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default removal of front bumper - accord '90

Hi all,

Does anybody have experience removing the front bumper on a honda
accord? Do I have to take out the bumper cover and then the bumper?

My original problem is to change the headlight on the driver side and
replace the bumper cover. Both seem to require the removal of the
bumper.

thanks for your help,
vlad
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 29 Dec 2010, 08:13 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: removal of front bumper - accord '90

S F <standard.features@gmail.com> wrote in news:2ff3cdfe-0d5c-46a0-bbc2-96e692223fd4@w17g2000yqh.googlegroups.com:

> Hi all,
>
> Does anybody have experience removing the front bumper on a honda
> accord? Do I have to take out the bumper cover and then the bumper?
>
> My original problem is to change the headlight on the driver side and
> replace the bumper cover. Both seem to require the removal of the
> bumper.
>



It's simple, but is hard to explain in words. Bumper and skin are
removed as a unit.

See this factory PDF:
<http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/manual_scans/accord/89-91_accord_front-bumper-removal.pdf>


--
Tegger
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 30 Dec 2010, 06:49 am
S F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: removal of front bumper - accord '90

On Dec 29, 9:13*pm, Tegger <inva...@example.com> wrote:
> S F <standard.featu...@gmail.com> wrote innews:2ff3cdfe-0d5c-46a0-bbc2-96e692223fd4@w17g2000yqh.googlegroups.com:
>
> > Hi all,

>
> > Does anybody have experience removing the front bumper on a honda
> > accord? Do I have to take out the bumper cover and then the bumper?

>
> > My original problem is to change the headlight on the driver side and
> > replace the bumper cover. Both seem to require the removal of the
> > bumper.

>
> It's simple, but is hard to explain in words. Bumper and skin are
> removed as a unit.
>
> See this factory PDF:
> <http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/manual_scans/accord/89-91_accord_...>
>
> --
> Tegger


I'm able to get to the two bolts on the passenger side because the
bumper cover is damaged. Getting to the ones on the driver side seems
nearly impossible.

thanks
vlad
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 30 Dec 2010, 07:07 am
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: removal of front bumper - accord '90

S F <standard.features@gmail.com> wrote in
news:642779e5-ce1e-432c-a849-5d7c16a2dccf@g25g2000yqn.googlegroups.com:

> On Dec 29, 9:13*pm, Tegger <inva...@example.com> wrote:
>> S F <standard.featu...@gmail.com> wrote
>> innews:2ff3cdfe-0d5c-46a0-bbc2-96

> e692223fd4@w17g2000yqh.googlegroups.com:
>>
>> > Hi all,

>>
>> > Does anybody have experience removing the front bumper on a honda
>> > accord? Do I have to take out the bumper cover and then the bumper?

>>
>> > My original problem is to change the headlight on the driver side
>> > and replace the bumper cover. Both seem to require the removal of
>> > the bumper.

>>
>> It's simple, but is hard to explain in words. Bumper and skin are
>> removed as a unit.
>>
>> See this factory PDF:
>> <http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/.../89-91_accord_
>> ...
>>

>
> I'm able to get to the two bolts on the passenger side because the
> bumper cover is damaged. Getting to the ones on the driver side seems
> nearly impossible.
>



All four bolts are inside the signal-light apertures. If you remove the
signal lights, the bolts should be quite accessible.

In addition to those bolts, you also need to remove the two large nuts from
inside the engine compartment. I'd advise removing those nuts first, so you
can sit on the driveway and support the bumper with your legs as you remove
the bolts that are inside the signal light apertures.

These steps should have the bumper off easily:
1) Remove the screws at either end of the bumper, at the front of the wheel
wells.
2) Remove the clips on the bottom that hold the splash guard to the bumper
skin.
3) Remove the two nuts from inside the engine compartment.
4) Remove the signal lights as shown in the PDF.
5) Sit on the driveway so that your legs can support the bumper.
6) Remove the two bolts from each signal light aperture.
7) Slide the bumper forward and off. The ends will be hooked to the inner
fender splash guards, so a tug might be needed.


--
Tegger
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 30 Dec 2010, 07:58 am
S F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: removal of front bumper - accord '90

Thanks so much Tegger.

vlad


On Dec 30, 8:07*am, Tegger <inva...@example.com> wrote:
> S F <standard.featu...@gmail.com> wrote innews:642779e5-ce1e-432c-a849-5d7c16a2dccf@g25g2000yqn.googlegroups.com:
>
>
>
>
>
> > On Dec 29, 9:13 pm, Tegger <inva...@example.com> wrote:
> >> S F <standard.featu...@gmail.com> wrote
> >> innews:2ff3cdfe-0d5c-46a0-bbc2-96

> > e692223...@w17g2000yqh.googlegroups.com:

>
> >> > Hi all,

>
> >> > Does anybody have experience removing the front bumper on a honda
> >> > accord? Do I have to take out the bumper cover and then the bumper?

>
> >> > My original problem is to change the headlight on the driver side
> >> > and replace the bumper cover. Both seem to require the removal of
> >> > the bumper.

>
> >> It's simple, but is hard to explain in words. Bumper and skin are
> >> removed as a unit.

>
> >> See this factory PDF:
> >> <http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/.../89-91_accord_
> >> ...

>
> > I'm able to get to the two bolts on the passenger side because the
> > bumper cover is damaged. Getting to the ones on the driver side seems
> > nearly impossible.

>
> All four bolts are inside the signal-light apertures. If you remove the
> signal lights, the bolts should be quite accessible.
>
> In addition to those bolts, you also need to remove the two large nuts from
> inside the engine compartment. I'd advise removing those nuts first, so you
> can sit on the driveway and support the bumper with your legs as you remove
> the bolts that are inside the signal light apertures.
>
> These steps should have the bumper off easily:
> 1) Remove the screws at either end of the bumper, at the front of the wheel
> wells.
> 2) Remove the clips on the bottom that hold the splash guard to the bumper
> skin.
> 3) Remove the two nuts from inside the engine compartment.
> 4) Remove the signal lights as shown in the PDF.
> 5) Sit on the driveway so that your legs can support the bumper.
> 6) Remove the two bolts from each signal light aperture.
> 7) Slide the bumper forward and off. The ends will be hooked to the inner
> fender splash guards, so a tug might be needed. *
>
> --
> Tegger


Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
removal of front bumper - accord '90 S F Honda 2 4 30 Dec 2010 07:58 am
95 Accord front bumper removal. Tegger Honda 2 1 07 Aug 2009 07:56 pm
96 accord headlight and front bumper removal? trey Honda Technical 3 28 Jan 2009 07:02 pm
04 Accord taillight removal requires bumper removal? markyman Honda 2 3 11 Jan 2009 03:32 pm
Bumper Removal '03 Accord Josh Honda 2 1 29 Dec 2006 05:59 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.