Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 24 May 2005, 12:03 am
Shawn Taylor
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Cruise control problem

For some reason my cruise control only works sometimes. The problem is, when
i hit the cruise control buton absolutley nothing happens, But when i press
it several times finally it turns on. And when it does it works just fine.
My upper brake light bulb has been replaced. What co0uld the problem be?


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 24 May 2005, 11:36 pm
MooGoCow
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Cruise control problem

"Shawn Taylor" wrote:
> For some reason my cruise control only works sometimes. The
> problem is, when
> i hit the cruise control buton absolutley nothing happens, But
> when i press
> it several times finally it turns on. And when it does it
> works just fine.
> My upper brake light bulb has been replaced. What co0uld the
> problem be?


What kind of honda is this? (model, year, trim level) Also be sure
that you are going fast enough. Depending on the model cruise will not
engage until you reach a certain speed.

--
Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request
Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Honda-Crui...ict121507.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=591067
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 25 May 2005, 09:43 pm
duckbill
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Cruise control problem

Just a silly thought to consider. My 95 Civic EX will not go into cruise
if my foot is even slightly touching the brake or clutch pedal. Also, one
of those switches (brake, clutch) could be out of adjustment. Good luck.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 26 May 2005, 02:57 pm
Shawn Taylor
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Cruise control problem

sorry its a 99 accord ex manual, i am going fast enough. I forgot to add
normally when its cold I have to press the cruise set for even longer before
it turns on.
"MooGoCow" <UseLinkToEmail@AutoForumz.com> wrote in message
news:1_591067_805080b8f55ff58b08ee29d93f887d75@aut oforumz.com...
> "Shawn Taylor" wrote:
> > For some reason my cruise control only works sometimes. The
> > problem is, when
> > i hit the cruise control buton absolutley nothing happens, But
> > when i press
> > it several times finally it turns on. And when it does it
> > works just fine.
> > My upper brake light bulb has been replaced. What co0uld the
> > problem be?

>
> What kind of honda is this? (model, year, trim level) Also be sure
> that you are going fast enough. Depending on the model cruise will not
> engage until you reach a certain speed.
>
> --
> Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request
> Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
> Topic URL:

http://www.autoforumz.com/Honda-Crui...ict121507.html
> Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=591067


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 30 May 2005, 09:06 pm
JEHU
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Cruise control problem

My cruise control stopped working on my 2000 civic a while back, it was
caused by a Honda tech leaving the vaccum line off for the cruise control
system. AND it also caused an eratic idle which I was told was the
IACV... good thing I looked under the hood after I got the car back, plugged
line in, idle good and cruise back.

Dave


"duckbill" <ltcauth13@nospam.cs.com> wrote in message
news:1632b2805326c404435c0ff7bf9db07f@localhost.ta lkaboutautos.com...
> Just a silly thought to consider. My 95 Civic EX will not go into cruise
> if my foot is even slightly touching the brake or clutch pedal. Also, one
> of those switches (brake, clutch) could be out of adjustment. Good luck.
>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
96 Accord Cruise control problem me Honda 3 4 08 Mar 2005 04:11 pm
Acura Cruise Control Problem-- Need help! Todd Caddel Honda 3 8 28 Jul 2004 01:53 am
Cruise control jim Honda 3 2 14 Nov 2003 09:25 pm
Cruise control jim Honda 3 1 11 Nov 2003 08:53 am
'88 Accord cruise control problem... Robert Griffin Honda 2 1 24 Oct 2003 11:38 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.