Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 23 May 2005, 07:14 pm
twfsa
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 93 Civic 101,000 miles

What is the recomended interval for timing belt replacement, and whats a
ball park cost, I am looking for a used Honda for my daughter , unless I can
see a repair order for a belt replacement, I am not going to take the owners
word for it.

Is there a site where this infor can be obtained for other years of Honda's?

Thanks
Tom


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 23 May 2005, 07:25 pm
TeGGeR®
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 93 Civic 101,000 miles

"twfsa" <uksatw@qwest.net> wrote in news:Aluke.25$8A4.18@lakeread07:

> What is the recomended interval for timing belt replacement,



90K miles, six years for your car. (But...see below...)



> and whats
> a ball park cost,



$200-$400. Give or take. Replace water pump while you're in there. Cam and
crank seals, and the accessory drive belts are a good idea as well.


I am looking for a used Honda for my daughter ,
> unless I can see a repair order for a belt replacement, I am not going
> to take the owners word for it.



You'd better not, unless the owner can show a valid receipt for the work. A
busted belt in a Civic can mean economic death for your motor.


>
> Is there a site where this infor can be obtained for other years of
> Honda's?
>



It's 90K/6yrs until about 1998, when it went to 105K, 7 years. A
replacement OEM Honda belt installed since 1998 or so will also be 105/7.

Somebody correct my 1998 figure, if necessary.



--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 23 May 2005, 07:35 pm
twfsa
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 93 Civic 101,000 miles

TeGGer.

I did check the valve adjustment on my 01 CR-V last weekend and it was a
piece of cake turning the engine over with the spark plugs out useing the
crankshaft pulley nut, turned over easy. I was concerned with the nut
comeing loose.

Tom


"TeGGeR®" <tegger@tegger.c0m> wrote in message
news:Xns965FCFB3BD1C8tegger@207.14.113.17...
> "twfsa" <uksatw@qwest.net> wrote in news:Aluke.25$8A4.18@lakeread07:
>
>> What is the recomended interval for timing belt replacement,

>
>
> 90K miles, six years for your car. (But...see below...)
>
>
>
>> and whats
>> a ball park cost,

>
>
> $200-$400. Give or take. Replace water pump while you're in there. Cam and
> crank seals, and the accessory drive belts are a good idea as well.
>
>
> I am looking for a used Honda for my daughter ,
>> unless I can see a repair order for a belt replacement, I am not going
>> to take the owners word for it.

>
>
> You'd better not, unless the owner can show a valid receipt for the work.
> A
> busted belt in a Civic can mean economic death for your motor.
>
>
>>
>> Is there a site where this infor can be obtained for other years of
>> Honda's?
>>

>
>
> It's 90K/6yrs until about 1998, when it went to 105K, 7 years. A
> replacement OEM Honda belt installed since 1998 or so will also be 105/7.
>
> Somebody correct my 1998 figure, if necessary.
>
>
>
> --
> TeGGeR®
>
> The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
> www.tegger.com/hondafaq/



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 23 May 2005, 07:52 pm
TeGGeR®
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 93 Civic 101,000 miles

"twfsa" <uksatw@qwest.net> wrote in news:XEuke.31$8A4.2@lakeread07:

> TeGGer.
>
> I did check the valve adjustment on my 01 CR-V last weekend and it
> was a piece of cake turning the engine over with the spark plugs out
> useing the crankshaft pulley nut, turned over easy. I was concerned
> with the nut comeing loose.



No concerns about that. It's usually really tough to get the bolt to come
loose when you *want* it to.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 23 May 2005, 10:26 pm
MinnesotaMike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 93 Civic 101,000 miles

Tom,

The manual on my 97 Civic states the belt should be changed every
105,000 miles or 7 years. I just checked today on the cost. My
mechanic just did a timing belt and water pump on a 94 for about $400.
I heard that it is recommended to replace the water pump at the same
time as the belt.

Mike
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 24 May 2005, 06:21 am
twfsa
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 93 Civic 101,000 miles

Thanks to all.

Tom

"MinnesotaMike" <nospam@charter.net> wrote in message
news:s9xke.34986$rt1.5709@fe04.lga...
> Tom,
>
> The manual on my 97 Civic states the belt should be changed every 105,000
> miles or 7 years. I just checked today on the cost. My mechanic just did
> a timing belt and water pump on a 94 for about $400. I heard that it is
> recommended to replace the water pump at the same time as the belt.
>
> Mike



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
5w-20 for Honda, 3,000-5,000 miles or 10,000 miles to get oil changed? Normal co TA via CarKB.com Honda 2 19 17 Feb 2006 06:44 pm
I want to run my civic to 1,000,000 miles - please help! Crandall009.5@gmail.com Honda 3 12 21 Nov 2005 08:02 pm
2004 Honda Civic Si 27k miles $18k with 100,000 miles extended warranty KJ Honda 2 2 25 Sep 2005 05:46 pm
Honda Civic 270,000 Miles! Randolph Honda 3 7 20 Apr 2005 12:51 am
1990 LS Sedan, low miles, new leather & LOW MILES Corey Acura 0 25 Oct 2004 10:27 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.