Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03 Sep 2010, 06:54 pm
Jill
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Is there a difference between the Pilot and CRV for 4WD?

Hello everyone,

I have a Honda CRV with 4WD. I just bought it a month ago, and I
really love it a lot. I have a neighbor on my street who has a Pilot
with 4WD and I was just wondering how that compares to the CRV 4WD
snow wise? Lets say that CRV tires vs Pilot tires aren't part of the
equation. How close or different are the 4WD systems? I know that the
pilot 4WD system is not selectable like the Jeep has, but I didn't
know if anything else was any different.

Thanks so much,

Jill
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03 Sep 2010, 08:12 pm
Elmo P. Shagnasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Is there a difference between the Pilot and CRV for 4WD?

In article
<3439610e-a8f6-429a-a16e-10d9d7e1af05@z34g2000pro.googlegroups.com>,
Jill <beretta66x@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a Honda CRV with 4WD. I just bought it a month ago, and I
> really love it a lot. I have a neighbor on my street who has a Pilot
> with 4WD and I was just wondering how that compares to the CRV 4WD
> snow wise?


It's way better. You're screwed.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03 Sep 2010, 09:16 pm
Jill
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Is there a difference between the Pilot and CRV for 4WD?


> It's way better. *You're screwed.



Okay but how is it better? Its an automatic system just like in the
CRV I was just reading. The only thing I read which is different is
that the pilot has 250 HP instead of 180 like my CRV has. I was
looking at my state DMV registration and I found out my CRV weighs
4600 lbs which is the same as the pilot, so that should help I would
think. Thats a lot for a little SUV!
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03 Sep 2010, 09:21 pm
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Is there a difference between the Pilot and CRV for 4WD?

On 09/03/2010 04:54 PM, Jill wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a Honda CRV with 4WD. I just bought it a month ago, and I
> really love it a lot. I have a neighbor on my street who has a Pilot
> with 4WD and I was just wondering how that compares to the CRV 4WD
> snow wise? Lets say that CRV tires vs Pilot tires aren't part of the
> equation. How close or different are the 4WD systems? I know that the
> pilot 4WD system is not selectable like the Jeep has, but I didn't
> know if anything else was any different.
>
> Thanks so much,
>
> Jill



is there an answer that will satisfy your attention-whoring so you don't
do it any more?

--
nomina rutrum rutrum
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03 Sep 2010, 09:23 pm
Jill
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Is there a difference between the Pilot and CRV for 4WD?


> is there an answer that will satisfy your attention-whoring so you don't
> do it any more?
>
> --
> nomina rutrum rutrum


Hey, save that talk for the locker room! I don't deserve these kind of
comments.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03 Sep 2010, 09:43 pm
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Is there a difference between the Pilot and CRV for 4WD?

On 09/03/2010 07:23 PM, Jill wrote:
>
>> is there an answer that will satisfy your attention-whoring so you don't
>> do it any more?
>>
>> --
>> nomina rutrum rutrum

>
> Hey, save that talk for the locker room! I don't deserve these kind of
> comments.


you do when you keep asking the same "questions" again and again. this
is the 7th thread you've tried to start in the last two months, all on
the same kind of dumb-ass topic.


--
nomina rutrum rutrum
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04 Sep 2010, 06:19 am
Brian Smith
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Is there a difference between the Pilot and CRV for 4WD?

On 9/3/2010 7:54 PM, Jill wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a Honda CRV with 4WD. I just bought it a month ago, and I
> really love it a lot. I have a neighbor on my street who has a Pilot
> with 4WD and I was just wondering how that compares to the CRV 4WD
> snow wise? Lets say that CRV tires vs Pilot tires aren't part of the
> equation. How close or different are the 4WD systems? I know that the
> pilot 4WD system is not selectable like the Jeep has, but I didn't
> know if anything else was any different.
>
> Thanks so much,


Good lord, she's back!

How old are you, that you don't seem to have a clue about the simplest
concepts of life?
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04 Sep 2010, 07:34 am
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Is there a difference between the Pilot and CRV for 4WD?

Jill <beretta66x@gmail.com> wrote in news:3439610e-a8f6-429a-a16e-
10d9d7e1af05@z34g2000pro.googlegroups.com:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a Honda CRV with 4WD. I just bought it a month ago, and I
> really love it a lot. I have a neighbor on my street who has a Pilot
> with 4WD and I was just wondering how that compares to the CRV 4WD
> snow wise? Lets say that CRV tires vs Pilot tires aren't part of the
> equation. How close or different are the 4WD systems? I know that the
> pilot 4WD system is not selectable like the Jeep has, but I didn't
> know if anything else was any different.
>




The differences between the mechanics are much less than the differences in
how those mechanics will be used by their drivers. Skill is much more
important than machinery.

In a nutshell, both the CR-V's and the Pilot's 4WD function the same way,
except that the Pilot allows you to manually lock the rear differential.

Manual locking overrides the diff's normal ability to turn the rear wheels
at different speeds, and allows a bit more traction in extremely poor
conditions. It should NEVER be used on surfaces where traction is good, and
it turns itself off at 18+ mph.

Both the CR-V and the Pilot are within 99% of each other as far as snow
performance goes. Most of their advantage lies in their tires, and in their
high road-clearances, rather than the 4WD or manual-locking.




--
Tegger
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 04 Sep 2010, 08:49 pm
Jill
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Is there a difference between the Pilot and CRV for 4WD?

On Sep 4, 8:34*am, Tegger <inva...@example.com> wrote:
> Jill <beretta...@gmail.com> wrote in news:3439610e-a8f6-429a-a16e-
> 10d9d7e1a...@z34g2000pro.googlegroups.com:
>
> > Hello everyone,

>
> > I have a Honda CRV with 4WD. I just bought it a month ago, and I
> > really love it a lot. I have a neighbor on my street who has a Pilot
> > with 4WD and I was just wondering how that compares to the CRV 4WD
> > snow wise? Lets say that CRV tires vs Pilot tires aren't part of the
> > equation. How close or different are the 4WD systems? I know that the
> > pilot 4WD system is not selectable like the Jeep has, but I didn't
> > know if anything else was any different.

>
> The differences between the mechanics are much less than the differences in
> how those mechanics will be used by their drivers. Skill is much more
> important than machinery.
>
> In a nutshell, both the CR-V's and the Pilot's 4WD function the same way,
> except that the Pilot allows you to manually lock the rear differential.
>
> Manual locking overrides the diff's normal ability to turn the rear wheels
> at different speeds, and allows a bit more traction in extremely poor
> conditions. It should NEVER be used on surfaces where traction is good, and
> it turns itself off at 18+ mph.
>
> Both the CR-V and the Pilot are within 99% of each other as far as snow
> performance goes. Most of their advantage lies in their tires, and in their
> high road-clearances, rather than the 4WD or manual-locking.
>
> --
> Tegger


Thanks Tegger. An intelligent answer! I'm 28, but I really don't know
anything about car mechanics. I just buy them and drive them, but I
want them to be reliable and safe. I work in the medical field and
don't have any training in cars and when I'm not working I take care
of my children.

Thanks so much,

Jill
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 05 Sep 2010, 10:18 am
Dddudley
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Is there a difference between the Pilot and CRV for 4WD?

On 9/4/2010 8:49 PM, Jill wrote:
> On Sep 4, 8:34 am, Tegger<inva...@example.com> wrote:
>> Jill<beretta...@gmail.com> wrote in news:3439610e-a8f6-429a-a16e-
>> 10d9d7e1a...@z34g2000pro.googlegroups.com:
>>
>>> Hello everyone,

>>
>>> I have a Honda CRV with 4WD. I just bought it a month ago, and I
>>> really love it a lot. I have a neighbor on my street who has a Pilot
>>> with 4WD and I was just wondering how that compares to the CRV 4WD
>>> snow wise? Lets say that CRV tires vs Pilot tires aren't part of the
>>> equation. How close or different are the 4WD systems? I know that the
>>> pilot 4WD system is not selectable like the Jeep has, but I didn't
>>> know if anything else was any different.


[snip a lot of good common sense stuff from Tegger]

> Thanks Tegger. An intelligent answer! I'm 28, but I really don't know
> anything about car mechanics. I just buy them and drive them, but I
> want them to be reliable and safe. I work in the medical field and
> don't have any training in cars and when I'm not working I take care
> of my children.
>
> Thanks so much,
>
> Jill


I realize that teaching and medical field are not mutually exclusive but
you seem to have stepped in it (at least when coupled with all your
other inane postings) - I vote with those who consider you a "attention
whore"

I'm even more inclined to do when when I feel inclined to waste my time
and review your post here en masse. If you truly are THAT concerned
about every little thing involving tires, AWD, and glove box lights, see
a doctor. You need help. If that's not the case, enjoy your idiotic
postings. You've just been plonked here.

See, on August 9th you posted this: "...proved them wrong! Then some
went on talking about tread wear, but everyone in my family changes
their tires at 35k miles. I analyze everything! _That's what teachers do_."
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pilot: 2010 Honda Pilot High on Comfort and Versatility, Right on Size for Families skylight Honda Pilot 0 01 Sep 2010 09:00 am
Pilot: 2009 Honda Pilot Earns Highest Possible Safety Ratings skylight Honda Pilot 0 01 Sep 2010 09:00 am
Pilot: Prototype Honda Pilot Headed to North American International Auto Show skylight Honda Pilot 0 01 Sep 2010 09:00 am
Pilot: 2008 Honda Pilot Adds Value Package and Special Edition to Lineup skylight Honda Pilot 0 01 Sep 2010 09:00 am
Is there a big difference in tires? I have a '07 Honda Pilot Ex and I need new tires.? naughtybonita Honda Technical 4 12 May 2010 10:46 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.