Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 19 Aug 2010, 08:57 pm
Mat
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 90 Integra stalls

After about 15 mins car stalls and will not start for several hours,
Cranks good no spark. I think its either the ignitor or coil. Coil
resistance tests ok. Should I take a chance on this cheap ignitor?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...ht_1104wt_1165

They are over $200 at the dealer.

May also try resoldering the contacts.

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 20 Aug 2010, 05:35 am
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 90 Integra stalls

Mat <mxxx@nowherexcv.net> wrote in
newsan.2010.08.20.01.57.17.170000@nowherexcv.net :

> After about 15 mins car stalls and will not start for several hours,
> Cranks good no spark.





When you crank and the engine will not start, does the tach needle jiggle
even the tiniest amount, or is dead-still?


--
Tegger
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 20 Aug 2010, 06:45 am
Mat
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 90 Integra stalls

On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 10:35:46 +0000, Tegger wrote:

> Mat <mxxx@nowherexcv.net> wrote in
> newsan.2010.08.20.01.57.17.170000@nowherexcv.net :
>
>> After about 15 mins car stalls and will not start for several hours,
>> Cranks good no spark.

>
>
>
>
> When you crank and the engine will not start, does the tach needle jiggle
> even the tiniest amount, or is dead-still?


iirc, dead still not 100% sure tho, will check next time

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 20 Aug 2010, 01:36 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 90 Integra stalls

Mat <mxxx@nowherexcv.net> wrote in
newsan.2010.08.20.11.45.18.705000@nowherexcv.net :

> On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 10:35:46 +0000, Tegger wrote:
>
>> Mat <mxxx@nowherexcv.net> wrote in
>> newsan.2010.08.20.01.57.17.170000@nowherexcv.net :
>>
>>> After about 15 mins car stalls and will not start for several hours,
>>> Cranks good no spark.

>>
>>
>>
>>
>> When you crank and the engine will not start, does the tach needle
>> jiggle even the tiniest amount, or is dead-still?

>
> iirc, dead still not 100% sure tho, will check next time
>
>



If the tach needle is dead-still, then the igniter is bad. If it jiggles
even the tiniest bit, then the problem is the coil or something else.

Any codes in the ECU?

--
Tegger
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 20 Aug 2010, 08:26 pm
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 90 Integra stalls

On 08/20/2010 11:36 AM, Tegger wrote:
> Mat<mxxx@nowherexcv.net> wrote in
> newsan.2010.08.20.11.45.18.705000@nowherexcv.net :
>
>> On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 10:35:46 +0000, Tegger wrote:
>>
>>> Mat<mxxx@nowherexcv.net> wrote in
>>> newsan.2010.08.20.01.57.17.170000@nowherexcv.net :
>>>
>>>> After about 15 mins car stalls and will not start for several hours,
>>>> Cranks good no spark.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> When you crank and the engine will not start, does the tach needle
>>> jiggle even the tiniest amount, or is dead-still?

>>
>> iirc, dead still not 100% sure tho, will check next time
>>
>>

>
>
> If the tach needle is dead-still, then the igniter is bad.


sorry dude, but the tach needle doesn't move on either my civic or my
crx - so i don't think that's a great measure of whether it's working.
the best measure of whether the igniter unit is working is to take the
thing out and test it per

http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/ignit...r-testing.html

while the manual says it can be tested in vehicle, i've not found this
to be so reliable since some igniters fail in a way where it still gives
output - but on the wrong signal.


> If it jiggles
> even the tiniest bit, then the problem is the coil or something else.
>
> Any codes in the ECU?
>



--
nomina rutrum rutrum
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
89 civic stalls Bonnymommy Honda Technical 0 25 Aug 2009 01:28 pm
i have a 91 acura integra and it just stalls sometimes when i drive it like cuts out , help? Joshua G Acura Technical 1 27 Aug 2008 05:16 am
my acura integra gsr stalls when i put it in gear? brenda r Acura Technical 6 24 Aug 2007 09:18 am
Car Stalls... Droneal Honda 2 5 10 Apr 2006 11:36 am
93 Civic stalls Apurba Mukherjee Honda 3 2 12 Dec 2004 03:29 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.