Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09 Aug 2010, 11:27 am
J.L.Hemmer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 2007 Accord SE AC system

Does anyone know if the 2007 Accord SE has the same automatic
(temperature sensing) AC system used on the EXL models of that year?
Or is it the same system as the LX?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09 Aug 2010, 12:09 pm
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2007 Accord SE AC system

On 08/09/2010 09:27 AM, J.L.Hemmer wrote:
> Does anyone know if the 2007 Accord SE has the same automatic
> (temperature sensing) AC system used on the EXL models of that year?
> Or is it the same system as the LX?
>
> Thanks


have you ever heard of an a/c system that /doesn't/ sense temperature?
because that's what they all have thermostats for.


--
nomina rutrum rutrum
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09 Aug 2010, 12:55 pm
J.L.Hemmer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2007 Accord SE AC system

On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 10:09:38 -0700, jim beam <me@privacy.net> wrote:

>On 08/09/2010 09:27 AM, J.L.Hemmer wrote:
>> Does anyone know if the 2007 Accord SE has the same automatic
>> (temperature sensing) AC system used on the EXL models of that year?
>> Or is it the same system as the LX?
>>
>> Thanks

>
>have you ever heard of an a/c system that /doesn't/ sense temperature?
>because that's what they all have thermostats for.


The EXL systems have a more elaborate system...you set the temperature
(i.e., 65, 70, etc.) as opposed to the conventional system. It is a
true thermostat system unlike those of the LX series where you just
set it at cool or whatever.

Therefore, my question is simply: does the SE have this true
"thermostat" system....does that sufficiently clarify my question for
you?
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09 Aug 2010, 01:12 pm
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2007 Accord SE AC system

On 08/09/2010 10:55 AM, J.L.Hemmer wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 10:09:38 -0700, jim beam<me@privacy.net> wrote:
>
>> On 08/09/2010 09:27 AM, J.L.Hemmer wrote:
>>> Does anyone know if the 2007 Accord SE has the same automatic
>>> (temperature sensing) AC system used on the EXL models of that year?
>>> Or is it the same system as the LX?
>>>
>>> Thanks

>>
>> have you ever heard of an a/c system that /doesn't/ sense temperature?
>> because that's what they all have thermostats for.

>
> The EXL systems have a more elaborate system...you set the temperature
> (i.e., 65, 70, etc.) as opposed to the conventional system. It is a
> true thermostat system unlike those of the LX series where you just
> set it at cool or whatever.
>
> Therefore, my question is simply: does the SE have this true
> "thermostat" system....does that sufficiently clarify my question for
> you?


ok, all a/c systems have thermostats. the difference seems to be
whether you want one with a digital display or the conventional type
which simply has a dial.

--
nomina rutrum rutrum
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 09 Aug 2010, 01:28 pm
J.L.Hemmer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2007 Accord SE AC system


>
>ok, all a/c systems have thermostats. the difference seems to be
>whether you want one with a digital display or the conventional type
>which simply has a dial.


Okay, now that you understand what I'm asking, do you know the answer?
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 09 Aug 2010, 02:28 pm
J.L.Hemmer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2007 Accord SE AC system

On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 11:27:34 -0500, J.L.Hemmer <noone@nowhere.com>
wrote:

>Does anyone know if the 2007 Accord SE has the same automatic
>(temperature sensing) AC system used on the EXL models of that year?
>Or is it the same system as the LX?
>
>Thanks



Thanks to all that replied! I appreciate the answers.

JL
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10 Aug 2010, 09:06 am
Zeppo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2007 Accord SE AC system



"jim beam" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
news:sYWdnbPlCsrPq_3RnZ2dnUVZ_v4AAAAA@speakeasy.ne t...
> On 08/09/2010 09:27 AM, J.L.Hemmer wrote:
>> Does anyone know if the 2007 Accord SE has the same automatic
>> (temperature sensing) AC system used on the EXL models of that year?
>> Or is it the same system as the LX?
>>
>> Thanks

>
> have you ever heard of an a/c system that /doesn't/ sense temperature?
> because that's what they all have thermostats for.
>
>
> --
> nomina rutrum rutrum


But not all A/C system have climate control, which is what he is asking
about. Mu kids Subaru's are base models and just have an AC button and fan
speed lever. No temperature settings at all.

You've lived the life of luxury to remember what the little people drive.
:-)

Jon

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 10 Aug 2010, 10:13 am
J.L.Hemmer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2007 Accord SE AC system

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 10:06:59 -0400, "Zeppo" <zeppo@hotmail.org> wrote:


>
>But not all A/C system have climate control, which is what he is asking
>about. Mu kids Subaru's are base models and just have an AC button and fan
>speed lever. No temperature settings at all.
>
>You've lived the life of luxury to remember what the little people drive.
>:-)
>
>Jon


Jon,

Thanks

JL
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 10 Aug 2010, 11:00 am
C. E. White
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2007 Accord SE AC system


"J.L.Hemmer" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:s0b066dd4gvuj18ck3r7a3j0g654guqsno@4ax.com...
> Does anyone know if the 2007 Accord SE has the same automatic
> (temperature sensing) AC system used on the EXL models of that year?
> Or is it the same system as the LX?
>
> Thanks


According to Cars.com
(http://www.cars.com/honda/accord/200...=USB70HOC011E0) the SE
has "Manual air conditioning with air filter" as standard. They list the
same for the LX. The EX has "Automatic dual-zone front air conditioning with
air filter."

So I net this out as follows -

The SE and LX models have manual air conditiong. This is the type where you
have a simple "cool to hot" knob or slider that you manually adjust to
acieve a comfortable cabin temperature. The system doesn't measure cabin air
temperature. It does not automatically adjust the A/C to maintain cabin
temeparture. Changes in cabin air temperature are handle manually by the
driver or passenger. Chages in outside temeperature, vehicle speed, engine
temperature, can all effect the cabin air temperature which might require
the occupants to readjsut the position of the temperature control. Thus this
is called manual a/c.

The EX Model has automatic temeprature control. You set a cabin air
temperature like setting a theromstat in a home and the system adjusts the
A/C system to maintain the cabin air temeprature based on the measurement of
the cabin air temeprature by a separate thermocouple.

I've had both types of systems. If the Automatic Temerature control is
cheap, I am OK with it. However, I ahve noticed that many people treat the
automatic temperature control systems just like a manual system. They
constantly alter the target temeprture instead of just leaving it at a
certain setting. This defeats the purpose of ATC. You might as well have a
coo/hot slider or knob if you aren't willing to let the ATC control the
temperature for you.

Ed


Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 11 Aug 2010, 01:29 pm
Phil Trum
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2007 Accord SE AC system

On 8/10/10 12:00 PM, C. E. White wrote:
> "J.L.Hemmer"<noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> news:s0b066dd4gvuj18ck3r7a3j0g654guqsno@4ax.com...
>> Does anyone know if the 2007 Accord SE has the same automatic
>> (temperature sensing) AC system used on the EXL models of that year?
>> Or is it the same system as the LX?
>>
>> Thanks

>
> According to Cars.com
> (http://www.cars.com/honda/accord/200...=USB70HOC011E0) the SE
> has "Manual air conditioning with air filter" as standard. They list the
> same for the LX. The EX has "Automatic dual-zone front air conditioning with
> air filter."
>
> So I net this out as follows -
>
> The SE and LX models have manual air conditiong. This is the type where you
> have a simple "cool to hot" knob or slider that you manually adjust to
> acieve a comfortable cabin temperature. The system doesn't measure cabin air
> temperature. It does not automatically adjust the A/C to maintain cabin
> temeparture. Changes in cabin air temperature are handle manually by the
> driver or passenger. Chages in outside temeperature, vehicle speed, engine
> temperature, can all effect the cabin air temperature which might require
> the occupants to readjsut the position of the temperature control. Thus this
> is called manual a/c.
>
> The EX Model has automatic temeprature control. You set a cabin air
> temperature like setting a theromstat in a home and the system adjusts the
> A/C system to maintain the cabin air temeprature based on the measurement of
> the cabin air temeprature by a separate thermocouple.
>
> I've had both types of systems. If the Automatic Temerature control is
> cheap, I am OK with it. However, I ahve noticed that many people treat the
> automatic temperature control systems just like a manual system. They
> constantly alter the target temeprture instead of just leaving it at a
> certain setting. This defeats the purpose of ATC. You might as well have a
> coo/hot slider or knob if you aren't willing to let the ATC control the
> temperature for you.
>
> Ed
>


You've been watching my wife in the car, haven't you! Her other favorite
trick is-- say when we've been out of town for a few week and turned the
A/C thermostat in the house up to 85 or 86 degrees to save money. When
we come home, she cranks the dial down to 60 "so it will cool down
faster." No amount of 'splainin on my part seems to make any difference...


Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I just bought a 2007 Accord navigation system...? NancyxD Honda Technical 0 11 Aug 2009 08:57 am
2007 Accord w/Stealth security system WiAlKi Honda Technical 0 23 Mar 2008 06:23 pm
How much did you buy your 2007 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 with Navigation System? patient Honda Technical 2 14 Oct 2007 05:36 pm
How much did you buy your 2007 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 with Navigation System? patient Honda Technical 0 14 Oct 2007 05:31 pm
How much did you buy your 2007 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 with Navigation System? patient Honda Technical 0 14 Oct 2007 05:31 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:57 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.