Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11 Mar 2005, 01:04 pm
Rob
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Hyundia is now number 1?

Did you guys see on the news the other day how Hyundia now build the most
reliable cars in the world. Unreal!!!! Said the Hyundia Sonata has the
fewest number of problems per 100 cars by a pretty good margin. Unreal.


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11 Mar 2005, 02:03 pm
Tony
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Hyundia is now number 1?

Remeber, the Hyundai owners do not expect too much from their cars. They
consider a lot of defects and problems in their cars as normal.

Just ask any Honda or Toyota owners to drive a Mercedes and BMW and they can
find unlimited defects and problems. There is no way a Honda or Toyota owner
would say a Hyundai car is reliable. Those Hyundai owners probabaly drove
some US makes or Nissan before.



"Rob" <rdbdriver@blomand.net> wrote in message
news:d0sq3s$eoma$1@news3.infoave.net...
> Did you guys see on the news the other day how Hyundia now build the most
> reliable cars in the world. Unreal!!!! Said the Hyundia Sonata has the
> fewest number of problems per 100 cars by a pretty good margin. Unreal.
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11 Mar 2005, 03:00 pm
Randolph
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Hyundia is now number 1?


Rob wrote:
>
> Did you guys see on the news the other day how Hyundia now build the most
> reliable cars in the world. Unreal!!!! Said the Hyundia Sonata has the
> fewest number of problems per 100 cars by a pretty good margin. Unreal.


Where did you see this? All the surveys I found list Hyundai as having
fewer problems than other *non-Japanese* brands.
--
================================================== =====
A very modest collection of Honda tech info can be found at:
http://www.geocities.com/ng_randolph
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11 Mar 2005, 03:33 pm
Todd
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Hyundia is now number 1?

I am a honda owner as a matter of fact my last several vehicles have been
Hondas. My wife is driving a 2004 Hyundai Sonata and it is a very nice
car. She is on her 2nd Hyundai and so far we have not had any problems.
Hyundai isn't the same company it was a few years ago. They are putting out
some good quality vehicles.
That is just my two cents. Let the flames begin

Todd

"Tony" <mgfks@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:jQmYd.8155$C47.7790@newssvr14.news.prodigy.co m...
> Remeber, the Hyundai owners do not expect too much from their cars. They
> consider a lot of defects and problems in their cars as normal.
>
> Just ask any Honda or Toyota owners to drive a Mercedes and BMW and they

can
> find unlimited defects and problems. There is no way a Honda or Toyota

owner
> would say a Hyundai car is reliable. Those Hyundai owners probabaly drove
> some US makes or Nissan before.
>
>
>
> "Rob" <rdbdriver@blomand.net> wrote in message
> news:d0sq3s$eoma$1@news3.infoave.net...
> > Did you guys see on the news the other day how Hyundia now build the

most
> > reliable cars in the world. Unreal!!!! Said the Hyundia Sonata has the
> > fewest number of problems per 100 cars by a pretty good margin. Unreal.
> >
> >

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11 Mar 2005, 03:59 pm
twfsa
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Hyundia is now number 1?

I know Hyundia used to be a piece of shit, but there quality has improved
over the years.

I don't think there resale is going to surpass Honda or Toyota, or Nissan
for that matter.

If I were to buy one, I'de have it in mind to drive it into the ground, and
not worry about re-sale.

I heard that Hyundia is going to introduce a pickup truck in the near
future, it has to be better looking than the Honda Ridgeline.

I like the Hyundia Tucson, haven't seen many on the street tho.

Tom


"Rob" <rdbdriver@blomand.net> wrote in message
news:d0sq3s$eoma$1@news3.infoave.net...
> Did you guys see on the news the other day how Hyundia now build the most
> reliable cars in the world. Unreal!!!! Said the Hyundia Sonata has the
> fewest number of problems per 100 cars by a pretty good margin. Unreal.
>



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11 Mar 2005, 04:00 pm
halo2 guy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Hyundia is now number 1?

no flames here just a statement for whoever....

It seems to me that publishing a report that a 2004 model vehicle is the
most reliable vehicle is putting the cart ahead of the horse you might say.
Reliability is based upon usage over a period of time. There is not enough
of a track record to determine reliability. I wonder if it will be like
in the early 80's when Motor Trend published that a Renault (I belive) was
car of the year. I bet they would like to forget about that issue.

Also reliability does not equate to high resale value....

"Todd" <USArmy24ID@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:knoYd.17661$Sq3.16047@fe07.lga...
>I am a honda owner as a matter of fact my last several vehicles have been
> Hondas. My wife is driving a 2004 Hyundai Sonata and it is a very nice
> car. She is on her 2nd Hyundai and so far we have not had any
> problems.
> Hyundai isn't the same company it was a few years ago. They are putting
> out
> some good quality vehicles.
> That is just my two cents. Let the flames begin
>
> Todd
>
> "Tony" <mgfks@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:jQmYd.8155$C47.7790@newssvr14.news.prodigy.co m...
>> Remeber, the Hyundai owners do not expect too much from their cars. They
>> consider a lot of defects and problems in their cars as normal.
>>
>> Just ask any Honda or Toyota owners to drive a Mercedes and BMW and they

> can
>> find unlimited defects and problems. There is no way a Honda or Toyota

> owner
>> would say a Hyundai car is reliable. Those Hyundai owners probabaly drove
>> some US makes or Nissan before.
>>
>>
>>
>> "Rob" <rdbdriver@blomand.net> wrote in message
>> news:d0sq3s$eoma$1@news3.infoave.net...
>> > Did you guys see on the news the other day how Hyundia now build the

> most
>> > reliable cars in the world. Unreal!!!! Said the Hyundia Sonata has the
>> > fewest number of problems per 100 cars by a pretty good margin. Unreal.
>> >
>> >

>>
>>

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11 Mar 2005, 04:30 pm
Michael Pardee
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Hyundia is now number 1?

"halo2 guy" <somewhereovethe@rainbow.com> wrote in message
news:WfudnUlambNyia_fRVn-ow@comcast.com...
> no flames here just a statement for whoever....
>
> It seems to me that publishing a report that a 2004 model vehicle is the
> most reliable vehicle is putting the cart ahead of the horse you might
> say. Reliability is based upon usage over a period of time. There is not
> enough of a track record to determine reliability.


I agree to a point. Reliability is normally what we call day-to-day
operational status; can it get me to work? But it isn't at all hard to make
a car work every day for a year. Longevity is an entirely different issue.
Honda has it in the cars built in the 80s and 90s, so we presume it is still
in the 2000s. Maybe we're wrong, maybe not.

Mike


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 11 Mar 2005, 07:12 pm
Jason
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Hyundia is now number 1?

In article <d0sq3s$eoma$1@news3.infoave.net>, "Rob"
<rdbdriver@blomand.net> wrote:

> Did you guys see on the news the other day how Hyundia now build the most
> reliable cars in the world. Unreal!!!! Said the Hyundia Sonata has the
> fewest number of problems per 100 cars by a pretty good margin. Unreal.


I did not see the report. I will believe that Hyundia is now up to the
standards of Honda and Toyota after it starts becoming the CAR And DRIVER
and MOTOR TREND Car of the year for at least three years out of five.
Until that happens, I'll drive a Honda Accord.

--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
We respect those subscribers that ask for advice or provide advice.
We do NOT respect the subscribers that enjoy criticizing people.



Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 11 Mar 2005, 09:04 pm
Grommet
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Hyundia is now number 1?

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 15:59:58 -0600, "twfsa" <uksatw@qwest.net> wrote:

>I know Hyundia used to be a piece of shit, but there quality has improved
>over the years.


Hyundai, not Hyundia.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 11 Mar 2005, 09:34 pm
richard48@webtv.net
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Hyundia is now number 1?

The first Honda autos to hit US soil were crap: I think they were first
sold in Honda motorcycle dealerships...........now look how things
changed.

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Decoding the engine number Josh Honda 3 2 10 Jun 2007 12:49 am
Need help to check vin number :( yello@bravo.pl Honda 2 8 17 Jan 2007 07:10 pm
Radio Serial Number Ron Jones Honda 2 6 02 Jul 2005 09:29 pm
Vin Number twfsa Honda 2 10 06 Feb 2005 08:55 am
number of keys Dean Honda 3 9 03 Oct 2003 02:30 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.