Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01 Mar 2005, 03:23 am
Axel Grease
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Element AWD gas mileage?

For owners...
How does real world gas mileage compare to the EPA estimates and to the 2WD
models?

If the dealers are telling it true, and the Element is just a new body on a
CRV, then it should be about the same as the CRV... one would expect,
anyway.

Thanks,
Axel G.


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01 Mar 2005, 09:49 am
Larry J.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Element AWD gas mileage?

Waiving the right to remain silent, "Axel Grease"
<Axel@Grease.org> said:

> If the dealers are telling it true, and the Element is just a
> new body on a CRV, then it should be about the same as the
> CRV... one would expect, anyway.


Check the weight and gearing differences. Also, the Element is a box
on wheels, and probably has more wind resistance than the CRV.

--
Larry J. - Remove spamtrap in ALLCAPS to e-mail

The United States is the greatest country in the world..!
Twenty-five million illegal aliens can't be wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01 Mar 2005, 04:26 pm
twfsa
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Element AWD gas mileage?

And not that an attractive box at that!

Tom

"Larry J." <usenet2@DE.LETE.THISljvideo.com> wrote in message
news:Xns960C59C339EE5larrythefrog@68.6.19.6...
> Waiving the right to remain silent, "Axel Grease"
> <Axel@Grease.org> said:
>
>> If the dealers are telling it true, and the Element is just a
>> new body on a CRV, then it should be about the same as the
>> CRV... one would expect, anyway.

>
> Check the weight and gearing differences. Also, the Element is a box
> on wheels, and probably has more wind resistance than the CRV.
>
> --
> Larry J. - Remove spamtrap in ALLCAPS to e-mail
>
> The United States is the greatest country in the world..!
> Twenty-five million illegal aliens can't be wrong.



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01 Mar 2005, 05:04 pm
Steve
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Element AWD gas mileage?

I have a 2003 Element AWD automatic ... also a 2000 CRV

2003 AWD Element ... mostly highway driving I get 22-23 mpg ... never less
than 20 mpg

It is bigger box than the CRV, but I don't notice any problems with wind!

However, Element is only 4 passenger with a total weight of 675 lbs ... so
great for two adults! Also noisier and things side with NO carpet option!

- Steve





"Axel Grease" <Axel@Grease.org> wrote in message
news:1128d3t178mh29c@corp.supernews.com...
> For owners...
> How does real world gas mileage compare to the EPA estimates and to the

2WD
> models?
>
> If the dealers are telling it true, and the Element is just a new body on

a
> CRV, then it should be about the same as the CRV... one would expect,
> anyway.
>
> Thanks,
> Axel G.
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01 Mar 2005, 05:59 pm
Orome
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Element AWD gas mileage?

> How does real world gas mileage compare to the EPA estimates and to the 2WD
> models?


I'm getting 20-24 MPG (mostly city, some highway driving per tank) in my
'04 4LX E.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01 Mar 2005, 05:59 pm
Orome
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Element AWD gas mileage?

> And not that an attractive box at that!

I respectfully disagree.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 01 Mar 2005, 11:25 pm
Axel Grease
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Element AWD gas mileage?

My thanks to you, Steve, and to Orome for your answers.
You both seem to be getting low 20s in mpg. That is probably not bad for a
boxy design. I would take the rear seat out and gain some cargo capacity
and weight carrying capacity there. I rarely need more than 2 seats but I
often need much space for my "stuff".

BTW... Orome... I like the Element's looks just because it is different and
has usable space. It is also the most comfortable vehicle I have gotten
into in years. I detest sitting down low (on the ground) in any vehicle.

Axel

"Steve" <tacomabike@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:gy6Vd.91341$Th1.26460@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
>I have a 2003 Element AWD automatic ... also a 2000 CRV
>
> 2003 AWD Element ... mostly highway driving I get 22-23 mpg ... never less
> than 20 mpg
>
> It is bigger box than the CRV, but I don't notice any problems with wind!
>
> However, Element is only 4 passenger with a total weight of 675 lbs ... so
> great for two adults! Also noisier and things side with NO carpet option!
>
> - Steve
>
>
>
>
>
> "Axel Grease" <Axel@Grease.org> wrote in message
> news:1128d3t178mh29c@corp.supernews.com...
>> For owners...
>> How does real world gas mileage compare to the EPA estimates and to the

> 2WD
>> models?
>>
>> If the dealers are telling it true, and the Element is just a new body on

> a
>> CRV, then it should be about the same as the CRV... one would expect,
>> anyway.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Axel G.
>>
>>

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 02 Mar 2005, 12:01 am
Joshua Miller
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Element AWD gas mileage?

Me too

"Orome" <oromeNICHTSPAM23@cs.com> wrote in message
news:UbGdnXu_IqV-nLjfRVn-oA@snappydsl.net...
>> And not that an attractive box at that!

>
> I respectfully disagree.



Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 02 Mar 2005, 06:45 am
Orome
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Element AWD gas mileage?

> BTW... Orome... I like the Element's looks just because it is different and
> has usable space. It is also the most comfortable vehicle I have gotten
> into in years. I detest sitting down low (on the ground) in any vehicle.


I agree on all points, having come to this from a sedan. Its flexibility
is what sold me: it's a four-seater; it's a tent; it's a light cargo
hauler; it's an away-office; it's a bike-trailer.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 02 Mar 2005, 04:22 pm
Seth
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Element AWD gas mileage?

"Orome" <oromeNICHTSPAM23@cs.com> wrote in message
news:UbGdnXu_IqV-nLjfRVn-oA@snappydsl.net...
>> And not that an attractive box at that!

>
> I respectfully disagree.


As long as it is respectfully!

Me personally, the only part of a vehicle that I have any interest in how it
looks is the dashboard. I don't have to look at the rest of it. I remember
when the new Accords came out, a whole bunch of people complained about how
Honda made the rear-end "ugly". I figured, that's not my problem, let the
car behind me worry about it.

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Element bob Honda 2 23 29 Feb 2004 11:28 am
How is the Element? Bernard Felix Honda 2 13 28 Jan 2004 03:43 am
Element Disappointing mileage! Rick Ross Honda 2 2 11 Sep 2003 07:11 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.