Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 23 Feb 2005, 09:58 pm
Crusader
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Alarming buzzing sound when i lock the drv door

I have a 96 OdysseyEX and i`m having this loud buzzing when i lock the
driver side door,it worries me a bit,does anybody else have had this
problem?
What is the offending part ?
Thanks


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 23 Feb 2005, 10:08 pm
Steve
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Alarming buzzing sound when i lock the drv door

Torque on most Honda's 80 ft lbs
I do adjust the shoes out until there is a slight drag, the e-brake will be
3-4 clicks above the "resting" position.
As far as the noise, I'd be sure that everything id put together correctly



--
Stephen W. Hansen
ASE Certified Master Automobile Technician
ASE Undercar Specialist




"Crusader" <yxz@white.com> wrote in message
news:MecTd.30256$Rl5.15718@bignews4.bellsouth.net. ..
>I have a 96 OdysseyEX and i`m having this loud buzzing when i lock the
> driver side door,it worries me a bit,does anybody else have had this
> problem?
> What is the offending part ?
> Thanks
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 24 Feb 2005, 06:55 pm
Crusader
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Alarming buzzing sound when i lock the drv door

Smart ass, uh?

"Steve" <hansensw@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:6rcTd.71363$Th1.38854@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> Torque on most Honda's 80 ft lbs
> I do adjust the shoes out until there is a slight drag, the e-brake will

be
> 3-4 clicks above the "resting" position.
> As far as the noise, I'd be sure that everything id put together correctly
>
>
>
> --
> Stephen W. Hansen
> ASE Certified Master Automobile Technician
> ASE Undercar Specialist
>
>
>
>
> "Crusader" <yxz@white.com> wrote in message
> news:MecTd.30256$Rl5.15718@bignews4.bellsouth.net. ..
> >I have a 96 OdysseyEX and i`m having this loud buzzing when i lock the
> > driver side door,it worries me a bit,does anybody else have had this
> > problem?
> > What is the offending part ?
> > Thanks
> >
> >

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 24 Feb 2005, 11:45 pm
Steve
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Alarming buzzing sound when i lock the drv door

Not intentional... somehow this post went to your message, and I'm sorry


--
Stephen W. Hansen
ASE Certified Master Automobile Technician
ASE Undercar Specialist


"Crusader" <yxz@white.com> wrote in message
news:0CuTd.11018$Q47.5723@bignews5.bellsouth.net.. .
> Smart ass, uh?
>
> "Steve" <hansensw@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:6rcTd.71363$Th1.38854@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
>> Torque on most Honda's 80 ft lbs
>> I do adjust the shoes out until there is a slight drag, the e-brake will

> be
>> 3-4 clicks above the "resting" position.
>> As far as the noise, I'd be sure that everything id put together
>> correctly
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Stephen W. Hansen
>> ASE Certified Master Automobile Technician
>> ASE Undercar Specialist
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> "Crusader" <yxz@white.com> wrote in message
>> news:MecTd.30256$Rl5.15718@bignews4.bellsouth.net. ..
>> >I have a 96 OdysseyEX and i`m having this loud buzzing when i lock the
>> > driver side door,it worries me a bit,does anybody else have had this
>> > problem?
>> > What is the offending part ?
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> >

>>
>>

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 24 Feb 2005, 11:47 pm
Randolph
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Alarming buzzing sound when i lock the drv door


Crusader wrote:
>
> Smart ass, uh?


Nah, he probably just replied to the wrong post. I've done that.

Does the buzzing noise come come from around the lock mechanism? It
could be a noisy / faulty power lock actuator. A friend had that problem
on his '96 Accord. The fix was to replace the actuator (expensive).


>
> "Steve" <hansensw@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:6rcTd.71363$Th1.38854@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> > Torque on most Honda's 80 ft lbs
> > I do adjust the shoes out until there is a slight drag, the e-brake will

> be
> > 3-4 clicks above the "resting" position.
> > As far as the noise, I'd be sure that everything id put together correctly
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Stephen W. Hansen
> > ASE Certified Master Automobile Technician
> > ASE Undercar Specialist
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > "Crusader" <yxz@white.com> wrote in message
> > news:MecTd.30256$Rl5.15718@bignews4.bellsouth.net. ..
> > >I have a 96 OdysseyEX and i`m having this loud buzzing when i lock the
> > > driver side door,it worries me a bit,does anybody else have had this
> > > problem?
> > > What is the offending part ?
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > >

> >
> >


--
================================================== =====
A very modest collection of Honda tech info can be found at:
http://www.geocities.com/ng_randolph
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 25 Feb 2005, 12:03 am
Steve
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Alarming buzzing sound when i lock the drv door

that would be my guess too, My ford truck were 100. and a PITA to install



--
Stephen W. Hansen
ASE Certified Master Automobile Technician
ASE Undercar Specialist

"Randolph" <trash@junkmail.com> wrote in message
news:421EBC84.17137C3E@junkmail.com...
>
> Crusader wrote:
>>
>> Smart ass, uh?

>
> Nah, he probably just replied to the wrong post. I've done that.
>
> Does the buzzing noise come come from around the lock mechanism? It
> could be a noisy / faulty power lock actuator. A friend had that problem
> on his '96 Accord. The fix was to replace the actuator (expensive).
>
>
>>
>> "Steve" <hansensw@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:6rcTd.71363$Th1.38854@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
>> > Torque on most Honda's 80 ft lbs
>> > I do adjust the shoes out until there is a slight drag, the e-brake
>> > will

>> be
>> > 3-4 clicks above the "resting" position.
>> > As far as the noise, I'd be sure that everything id put together
>> > correctly
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > --
>> > Stephen W. Hansen
>> > ASE Certified Master Automobile Technician
>> > ASE Undercar Specialist
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > "Crusader" <yxz@white.com> wrote in message
>> > news:MecTd.30256$Rl5.15718@bignews4.bellsouth.net. ..
>> > >I have a 96 OdysseyEX and i`m having this loud buzzing when i lock the
>> > > driver side door,it worries me a bit,does anybody else have had this
>> > > problem?
>> > > What is the offending part ?
>> > > Thanks
>> > >
>> > >
>> >
>> >

>
> --
> ================================================== =====
> A very modest collection of Honda tech info can be found at:
> http://www.geocities.com/ng_randolph



Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 02 Mar 2005, 08:22 pm
Crusader
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Alarming buzzing sound when i lock the drv door

No problem
"Steve" <hansensw@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:XXyTd.277836$w62.228706@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> Not intentional... somehow this post went to your message, and I'm sorry
>
>
> --
> Stephen W. Hansen
> ASE Certified Master Automobile Technician
> ASE Undercar Specialist
>
>
> "Crusader" <yxz@white.com> wrote in message
> news:0CuTd.11018$Q47.5723@bignews5.bellsouth.net.. .
> > Smart ass, uh?
> >
> > "Steve" <hansensw@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:6rcTd.71363$Th1.38854@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> >> Torque on most Honda's 80 ft lbs
> >> I do adjust the shoes out until there is a slight drag, the e-brake

will
> > be
> >> 3-4 clicks above the "resting" position.
> >> As far as the noise, I'd be sure that everything id put together
> >> correctly
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >> Stephen W. Hansen
> >> ASE Certified Master Automobile Technician
> >> ASE Undercar Specialist
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> "Crusader" <yxz@white.com> wrote in message
> >> news:MecTd.30256$Rl5.15718@bignews4.bellsouth.net. ..
> >> >I have a 96 OdysseyEX and i`m having this loud buzzing when i lock the
> >> > driver side door,it worries me a bit,does anybody else have had this
> >> > problem?
> >> > What is the offending part ?
> >> > Thanks
> >> >
> >> >
> >>
> >>

> >
> >

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 02 Mar 2005, 08:23 pm
Crusader
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Alarming buzzing sound when i lock the drv door

Over $100,i checked the price and the buzzing turned to music
"Randolph" <trash@junkmail.com> wrote in message
news:421EBC84.17137C3E@junkmail.com...
>
> Crusader wrote:
> >
> > Smart ass, uh?

>
> Nah, he probably just replied to the wrong post. I've done that.
>
> Does the buzzing noise come come from around the lock mechanism? It
> could be a noisy / faulty power lock actuator. A friend had that problem
> on his '96 Accord. The fix was to replace the actuator (expensive).
>
>
> >
> > "Steve" <hansensw@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:6rcTd.71363$Th1.38854@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> > > Torque on most Honda's 80 ft lbs
> > > I do adjust the shoes out until there is a slight drag, the e-brake

will
> > be
> > > 3-4 clicks above the "resting" position.
> > > As far as the noise, I'd be sure that everything id put together

correctly
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > Stephen W. Hansen
> > > ASE Certified Master Automobile Technician
> > > ASE Undercar Specialist
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > "Crusader" <yxz@white.com> wrote in message
> > > news:MecTd.30256$Rl5.15718@bignews4.bellsouth.net. ..
> > > >I have a 96 OdysseyEX and i`m having this loud buzzing when i lock

the
> > > > driver side door,it worries me a bit,does anybody else have had

this
> > > > problem?
> > > > What is the offending part ?
> > > > Thanks
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >

>
> --
> ================================================== =====
> A very modest collection of Honda tech info can be found at:
> http://www.geocities.com/ng_randolph



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
replacing (buzzing) door lock actuator on Accord - anyone with experience doing this? techman41973@yahoo.com Honda 3 5 09 Jul 2007 07:03 pm
Buzzing sound when activating power locks bmagnum50@hotmail.com Honda 2 1 16 Nov 2006 05:32 pm
buzzing sound from the glove compartment ....if I dont turn on my headlights Chris Honda 2 2 18 May 2006 10:20 am
car makes buzzing sound around 2000 rpm 2stepme@bellsouth.net Honda 3 5 25 Jan 2005 07:05 am
95 Accord - Auto Door Lock Buzzing Noise? Help Jef Atkinson Honda 2 4 18 Aug 2004 11:06 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.