Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 28 Jun 2010, 06:03 am
Dave Kelsen
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Curious...

I'm not seeing messages in the newsgroup any longer.

I don't know if it's at my end, or if a bunch of ISPs decided to drop
newgroups at the same time.

A response from any of the regulars would be appreciated.


RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen
--
A bachelor is a selfish, undeserving guy who has cheated some woman out
of a divorce.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 28 Jun 2010, 06:49 am
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Curious...

Dave Kelsen <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in news:4c28816e$0$4842
$9a6e19ea@unlimited.newshosting.com:

> I'm not seeing messages in the newsgroup any longer.
>
> I don't know if it's at my end, or if a bunch of ISPs decided to drop
> newgroups at the same time.
>
> A response from any of the regulars would be appreciated.
>
>
> RFT!!!
> Dave Kelsen




I'm still here. Mostly because I hate Web boards.

And nobody's bothered to reply to my Oil Evaporation message...


--
Tegger
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 28 Jun 2010, 06:50 am
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Curious...

Dave Kelsen <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in news:4c28816e$0$4842
$9a6e19ea@unlimited.newshosting.com:

> I'm not seeing messages in the newsgroup any longer.
>
> I don't know if it's at my end, or if a bunch of ISPs decided to drop
> newgroups at the same time.
>
> A response from any of the regulars would be appreciated.
>
>
> RFT!!!
> Dave Kelsen




I'm not seeing any new messages either, by the way.


--
Tegger
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 28 Jun 2010, 07:09 am
dgk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Curious...

On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 06:03:16 -0500, Dave Kelsen
<invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>I'm not seeing messages in the newsgroup any longer.
>
>I don't know if it's at my end, or if a bunch of ISPs decided to drop
>newgroups at the same time.
>
>A response from any of the regulars would be appreciated.
>
>
>RFT!!!
>Dave Kelsen



I'm still watching.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 28 Jun 2010, 07:20 am
Elmo P. Shagnasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Curious...

In article <4c28816e$0$4842$9a6e19ea@unlimited.newshosting.co m>,
Dave Kelsen <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> I'm not seeing messages in the newsgroup any longer.
>
> I don't know if it's at my end, or if a bunch of ISPs decided to drop
> newgroups at the same time.
>
> A response from any of the regulars would be appreciated.
>
>
> RFT!!!
> Dave Kelsen


I'm here.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 28 Jun 2010, 12:59 pm
Elle
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Curious...

I have not noticed signs of posts not appearing. I still read here
just about daily. Right now I am planning the first timing belt change
on my new-used 2003 Civic LX. I have my homemade tool for the pulley
bolt figured out. It is a little different from what is at Tegger's
site, because it seems there are clearance issues with the newer, say
2001-2005 Hondas for the pulley tools. See
http://sites.google.com/site/hondali...madepulleytool
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 28 Jun 2010, 03:21 pm
M.A. Stewart
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Curious...

Elle (honda.lioness@gmail.com) writes:

> I have not noticed signs of posts not appearing. I still read here
> just about daily. Right now I am planning the first timing belt change
> on my new-used 2003 Civic LX. I have my homemade tool for the pulley
> bolt figured out. It is a little different from what is at Tegger's
> site, because it seems there are clearance issues with the newer, say
> 2001-2005 Hondas for the pulley tools. See
> http://sites.google.com/site/hondali...madepulleytool




Before you remove the old belt, mark a tooth on the cam cog and
a tooth on the crank cog (permanent marker) and count the teeth
on the belt between the marks. Write the number down and then
count the teeth again! Write the number down, and count the teeth
again for a third time! Mark the belt (yellow crayon?) at the cog
teeth. Remove belt, compare it to the new belt. Count the teeth
out on the new belt (3 times!), and mark with crayon(?). You want
it right! People who build engines double check every thing. People
who build racing engines triple check. If this is your first timing
belt, triple check it or more. You want it 100% right.


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 28 Jun 2010, 05:15 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Curious...

cf005@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (M.A. Stewart) wrote in news:i0b07p$8rk$1
@theodyn.ncf.ca:

> Elle (honda.lioness@gmail.com) writes:
>
>> I have not noticed signs of posts not appearing. I still read here
>> just about daily. Right now I am planning the first timing belt change
>> on my new-used 2003 Civic LX. I have my homemade tool for the pulley
>> bolt figured out. It is a little different from what is at Tegger's
>> site, because it seems there are clearance issues with the newer, say
>> 2001-2005 Hondas for the pulley tools. See
>> http://sites.google.com/site/hondali...madepulleytool

>
>
>
> Before you remove the old belt, mark a tooth on the cam cog and
> a tooth on the crank cog (permanent marker)




I just use Wite-Out. Better contrast.



> and count the teeth
> on the belt between the marks. Write the number down and then
> count the teeth again! Write the number down, and count the teeth
> again for a third time! Mark the belt (yellow crayon?) at the cog
> teeth. Remove belt, compare it to the new belt. Count the teeth
> out on the new belt (3 times!), and mark with crayon(?). You want
> it right!




Yep. One-tooth-off is too many.

I lay the new belt on top of the old to make certain the marks are in the
exact correct place.



> People who build engines double check every thing. People
> who build racing engines triple check. If this is your first timing
> belt, triple check it or more. You want it 100% right.




A caution: Rotating the engine means the belt marks will gradually diverge,
so you need to get the alignment perfect the fist time.

Also important: Take VERY CAREFUL note of the tension on the old belt
BEFORE releasing it. Duplicate that tension on the new belt. This often
means needing to give the tensioner a bit of an extra tug by hand while
snugging down the tensioner bolt. Left to its own devices, the tensioner
is, as likely as not, to make the belt too loose.


--
Tegger
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 28 Jun 2010, 06:34 pm
tww1491
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Curious...



"Dave Kelsen" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
news:4c28816e$0$4842$9a6e19ea@unlimited.newshostin g.com...
> I'm not seeing messages in the newsgroup any longer.
>
> I don't know if it's at my end, or if a bunch of ISPs decided to drop
> newgroups at the same time.
>
> A response from any of the regulars would be appreciated.
>
>
> RFT!!!
> Dave Kelsen
> --
> A bachelor is a selfish, undeserving guy who has cheated some woman out of
> a divorce.


I look at this group frequently. And, I read (with interest) Tegger's "oil
evap" post.

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 28 Jun 2010, 08:43 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Curious...

Elle <honda.lioness@gmail.com> wrote in news:adde4a63-1f9b-414e-a736-
2efe0b5ecbc1@c33g2000yqm.googlegroups.com:

> I have not noticed signs of posts not appearing. I still read here
> just about daily. Right now I am planning the first timing belt change
> on my new-used 2003 Civic LX. I have my homemade tool for the pulley
> bolt figured out. It is a little different from what is at Tegger's
> site, because it seems there are clearance issues with the newer, say
> 2001-2005 Hondas for the pulley tools. See
> http://sites.google.com/site/hondali...madepulleytool




I wonder if all this would be easier if North American plumbing supplies
were made in Metric...


--
Tegger
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Curious about a Honda Fit. Anyone own one? bill Honda Technical 1 16 Oct 2007 01:03 pm
Just curious... Stacek the Wise Honda 2 3 05 Apr 2007 06:30 pm
Curious about automatic window Milleron Honda 3 2 19 Aug 2005 11:40 pm
Main Relay...I'm curious Brock Angelo Honda 2 3 31 Aug 2004 02:01 pm
Curious - Tuning 2.7 V6 vertuas Honda 2 0 08 Oct 2003 12:47 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.