Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06 May 2010, 05:09 pm
Bitzer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default SUL?

Looking at some online dealer parts sites and see some Accord models
with SUL as part of the description. What does that mean?
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06 May 2010, 06:24 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SUL?

Bitzer <bitzer@spam.net> wrote in news:hrvenk$c9u$1@news.albasani.net:

> Looking at some online dealer parts sites and see some Accord models
> with SUL as part of the description. What does that mean?
>




Probably a short-form for SULEV, which is a US federal-government whack-job
acronym that stands for "Super Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle".

Got a link?

--
Tegger
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06 May 2010, 11:54 pm
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SUL?

On 05/06/2010 04:24 PM, Tegger wrote:
> Bitzer<bitzer@spam.net> wrote in news:hrvenk$c9u$1@news.albasani.net:
>
>> Looking at some online dealer parts sites and see some Accord models
>> with SUL as part of the description. What does that mean?
>>

>
>
>
> Probably a short-form for SULEV, which is a US federal-government whack-job
> acronym that stands for "Super Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle".
>
> Got a link?
>


it might be related to elmo's famous "sports luxury utility truck"...

--
nomina rutrum rutrum
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07 May 2010, 07:32 am
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SUL?

jim beam <me@privacy.net> wrote in
news:xPWdnfP8HqyPAH7WnZ2dnUVZ_sWdnZ2d@speakeasy.ne t:

> On 05/06/2010 04:24 PM, Tegger wrote:
>> Bitzer<bitzer@spam.net> wrote in
>> news:hrvenk$c9u$1@news.albasani.net:
>>
>>> Looking at some online dealer parts sites and see some Accord models
>>> with SUL as part of the description. What does that mean?
>>>

>>
>>
>>
>> Probably a short-form for SULEV, which is a US federal-government
>> whack-job acronym that stands for "Super Ultra Low Emissions
>> Vehicle".
>>
>> Got a link?
>>

>
> it might be related to elmo's famous "sports luxury utility truck"...
>




LOL

--
Tegger
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07 May 2010, 08:05 am
Bitzer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SUL?

Tegger wrote:
> Bitzer <bitzer@spam.net> wrote in news:hrvenk$c9u$1@news.albasani.net:
>
>> Looking at some online dealer parts sites and see some Accord models
>> with SUL as part of the description. What does that mean?
>>

>
>
>
> Probably a short-form for SULEV, which is a US federal-government whack-job
> acronym that stands for "Super Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle".
>
> Got a link?
>



http://tinyurl.com/29nv9br

This is a parts order page at Majestic Honda. Hit the drop-down for
"Trim Level".
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07 May 2010, 01:03 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SUL?

Bitzer <bitzer@spam.net> wrote in news:hs137g$55e$1@news.albasani.net:

> Tegger wrote:
>> Bitzer <bitzer@spam.net> wrote in
>> news:hrvenk$c9u$1@news.albasani.net:
>>
>>> Looking at some online dealer parts sites and see some Accord models
>>> with SUL as part of the description. What does that mean?
>>>

>>
>>
>>
>> Probably a short-form for SULEV, which is a US federal-government
>> whack-job acronym that stands for "Super Ultra Low Emissions
>> Vehicle".
>>
>> Got a link?
>>

>
>
> http://tinyurl.com/29nv9br
>
> This is a parts order page at Majestic Honda. Hit the drop-down for
> "Trim Level".
>




Yep. It stands for "Super Ultra Low" emissions.

You'll notice all the "SUL" cars in the drop down are CA emissions,
and are only available with automatic transmissions.

For an explanation of the various acronyms, you can see here:
<http://www.thegreenmotorist.com/index.php/understanding-emissions-standards-pzev-sulev-ulev-lev/>

--
Tegger
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07 May 2010, 03:03 pm
Bitzer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SUL?

Tegger wrote:
> Bitzer <bitzer@spam.net> wrote in news:hs137g$55e$1@news.albasani.net:
>
>> Tegger wrote:
>>> Bitzer <bitzer@spam.net> wrote in
>>> news:hrvenk$c9u$1@news.albasani.net:
>>>
>>>> Looking at some online dealer parts sites and see some Accord models
>>>> with SUL as part of the description. What does that mean?
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Probably a short-form for SULEV, which is a US federal-government
>>> whack-job acronym that stands for "Super Ultra Low Emissions
>>> Vehicle".
>>>
>>> Got a link?
>>>

>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/29nv9br
>>
>> This is a parts order page at Majestic Honda. Hit the drop-down for
>> "Trim Level".
>>

>
>
>
> Yep. It stands for "Super Ultra Low" emissions.
>
> You'll notice all the "SUL" cars in the drop down are CA emissions,
> and are only available with automatic transmissions.
>
> For an explanation of the various acronyms, you can see here:
> <http://www.thegreenmotorist.com/index.php/understanding-emissions-standards-pzev-sulev-ulev-lev/>
>



Thanks. The online dealers certainly discount their parts-- but by the
time I add in the S&H plus the uncertainty, time and hassle of delivery,
I think I'll just swing by my local dealer and pick up the maintenance
stuff I need to I can finish up the work this weekend...
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07 May 2010, 04:55 pm
Jim Yanik
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SUL?

Bitzer <bitzer@spam.net> wrote in news:hs1rn0$ose$1@news.albasani.net:

> Tegger wrote:
>> Bitzer <bitzer@spam.net> wrote in
>> news:hs137g$55e$1@news.albasani.net:
>>
>>> Tegger wrote:
>>>> Bitzer <bitzer@spam.net> wrote in
>>>> news:hrvenk$c9u$1@news.albasani.net:
>>>>
>>>>> Looking at some online dealer parts sites and see some Accord
>>>>> models with SUL as part of the description. What does that mean?
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Probably a short-form for SULEV, which is a US federal-government
>>>> whack-job acronym that stands for "Super Ultra Low Emissions
>>>> Vehicle".
>>>>
>>>> Got a link?
>>>>
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/29nv9br
>>>
>>> This is a parts order page at Majestic Honda. Hit the drop-down for
>>> "Trim Level".
>>>

>>
>>
>>
>> Yep. It stands for "Super Ultra Low" emissions.
>>
>> You'll notice all the "SUL" cars in the drop down are CA emissions,
>> and are only available with automatic transmissions.
>>
>> For an explanation of the various acronyms, you can see here:
>> <http://www.thegreenmotorist.com/inde...-emissions-sta
>> ndards-pzev-sulev-ulev-lev/>
>>

>
>
> Thanks. The online dealers certainly discount their parts-- but by the
> time I add in the S&H plus the uncertainty, time and hassle of
> delivery, I think I'll just swing by my local dealer and pick up the
> maintenance stuff I need to I can finish up the work this weekend...
>


next comes mega-super-ultra-low emissions.....
then hyper-mega-ultra-super-low....then...??

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
at
localnet
dot com
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 07 May 2010, 07:32 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SUL?

Jim Yanik <jyanik@abuse.gov> wrote in
news:Xns9D71B66A55893jyaniklocalnetcom@216.168.3.4 4:


>>

>
> next comes mega-super-ultra-low emissions.....
> then hyper-mega-ultra-super-low....then...??
>



Well, they've already got "Partial Zero" (PZEV).

If you cut a hole in a zero, does it leak? And if so, what?

--
Tegger
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 09 May 2010, 02:46 pm
Stewart
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SUL?


"Tegger" <invalid@invalid.inv> wrote in message
news:Xns9D71D0DE8CE82tegger@208.90.168.18...
> Jim Yanik <jyanik@abuse.gov> wrote in
> news:Xns9D71B66A55893jyaniklocalnetcom@216.168.3.4 4:
>
>
>>>

>>
>> next comes mega-super-ultra-low emissions.....
>> then hyper-mega-ultra-super-low....then...??
>>

>
>
> Well, they've already got "Partial Zero" (PZEV).
>
> If you cut a hole in a zero, does it leak? And if so, what?
>
> --
> Tegger


Marketing guys....they are such morons. In another market (medical
devices) I have seen them hold up multi-million dollar projects trying
to decide what color the catheter should be, when the best solution is
to use no colorant at all (regulatory filings are a "B"itch).


Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.