Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 28 Nov 2004, 11:15 pm
Winky
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 2000 crv help please

Just got rid of my peice of crap 2001 dodge dakota pickup
and traded it in for a used honds crv.
This is my first Honda.

Just changed the oil
5w30 it says 4 quarts in the manual.
Put in 4 quarts started it up shut down waited a few minutes
checked level looks like it is below the full line on the dipstick.

Should I use more than 4 quarts ?
Also any tips on preventing oil drain from filter
dripping onto exhaust when removing oil filter.

Man that little oil filter is really in an awkward place especially
when you are on your back under the vehicle while its up on ramps.

Last but not least.
Are those K&N air intake systems any good ?

TiA !!
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 29 Nov 2004, 01:01 am
motsco_ _
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2000 crv help please

Winky wrote:
> Just got rid of my peice of crap 2001 dodge dakota pickup
> and traded it in for a used honds crv.
> This is my first Honda.
>
> Just changed the oil
> 5w30 it says 4 quarts in the manual.
> Put in 4 quarts started it up shut down waited a few minutes
> checked level looks like it is below the full line on the dipstick.
>
> Should I use more than 4 quarts ?
> Also any tips on preventing oil drain from filter
> dripping onto exhaust when removing oil filter.
>
> Man that little oil filter is really in an awkward place especially
> when you are on your back under the vehicle while its up on ramps.
>
> Last but not least.
> Are those K&N air intake systems any good ?
>
> TiA !!



------------------

Litres would have filled it right (quarts are a bit smaller)

If it's over 30,000 miles since the last valve adjustment, it's overdue.
Same thing with changing the rear differential fluid. If it makes a
horrible noise when doing tight left-hand turns, change it ASAP. Use
only Dual Pump Fluid from honda. The north american version of the
manual is incorrect about these two points. :-(

I saw some good tips about oil changes at hondasuv.com.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 29 Nov 2004, 01:02 pm
Winky
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2000 crv help please

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 23:01:54 -0700, "motsco_ _" <"motsco_
_"@interbaun.com> wrote:

>Winky wrote:
>> Just got rid of my peice of crap 2001 dodge dakota pickup
>> and traded it in for a used honds crv.
>> This is my first Honda.
>>
>> Just changed the oil
>> 5w30 it says 4 quarts in the manual.
>> Put in 4 quarts started it up shut down waited a few minutes
>> checked level looks like it is below the full line on the dipstick.
>>
>> Should I use more than 4 quarts ?
>> Also any tips on preventing oil drain from filter
>> dripping onto exhaust when removing oil filter.
>>
>> Man that little oil filter is really in an awkward place especially
>> when you are on your back under the vehicle while its up on ramps.
>>
>> Last but not least.
>> Are those K&N air intake systems any good ?
>>
>> TiA !!

>
>
>------------------
>
>Litres would have filled it right (quarts are a bit smaller)
>
>If it's over 30,000 miles since the last valve adjustment, it's overdue.
>Same thing with changing the rear differential fluid. If it makes a
>horrible noise when doing tight left-hand turns, change it ASAP. Use
>only Dual Pump Fluid from honda. The north american version of the
>manual is incorrect about these two points. :-(
>
>I saw some good tips about oil changes at hondasuv.com.


So 5 quarts should be about right ?
Will check out that web site.

Yeah I bought it from a Honda dealer. Its got the Honda pre owned
certified warranty. From what they told me up to 1 year warranty on
drive train, motor, parts and labor.

BTW this is without a doubt the best vehicle I ever owned.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 30 Nov 2004, 08:15 am
a
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2000 crv help please

Winky wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 23:01:54 -0700, "motsco_ _" <"motsco_
> So 5 quarts should be about right ?


<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=4l+in+quarts>

a
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Selling a 2000 Civic Hatchback (black) with a 2000 B16A2 engine Prigoci, Andrei Honda 2 0 16 Aug 2005 11:39 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.