Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09 Nov 2004, 07:53 pm
C B George
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 96 Accord EX mushy clutch

96 Accord EX 5 Speed 75,000 miles.
On my way home tonight, my clutch was mushy in that it didn't seem to engage
as early as it usually does. Shifting out of first was fine but to come to
a stop, I couldn't get it into first without jamming it. Only change
between this morning and tonight was that the temperatures were colder today
but nothing the car hadn't seen before.
Thoughts?


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09 Nov 2004, 10:05 pm
motsco_ _
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 96 Accord EX mushy clutch

C B George wrote:
> 96 Accord EX 5 Speed 75,000 miles.
> On my way home tonight, my clutch was mushy in that it didn't seem to engage
> as early as it usually does. Shifting out of first was fine but to come to
> a stop, I couldn't get it into first without jamming it. Only change
> between this morning and tonight was that the temperatures were colder today
> but nothing the car hadn't seen before.
> Thoughts?
>
> ================


You should change your clutch (brake) fluid every time you have your
brakes flushed. If you're lucky, topping up the (clutch) reservoir will
get you going again.

'Curly'

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10 Nov 2004, 04:51 pm
C B George
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 96 Accord EX mushy clutch


"motsco_ _" <"motsco_ _"@interbaun.com> wrote in message
news:41919391.2030005@interbaun.com...
>C B George wrote:
>> 96 Accord EX 5 Speed 75,000 miles.
>> On my way home tonight, my clutch was mushy in that it didn't seem to
>> engage as early as it usually does. Shifting out of first was fine but
>> to come to a stop, I couldn't get it into first without jamming it. Only
>> change between this morning and tonight was that the temperatures were
>> colder today but nothing the car hadn't seen before.
>> Thoughts? ================

>
> You should change your clutch (brake) fluid every time you have your
> brakes flushed. If you're lucky, topping up the (clutch) reservoir will
> get you going again.
>
> 'Curly'
>


That worked. Thanks, Curly.

C B


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10 Nov 2004, 09:57 pm
Michael Pardee
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 96 Accord EX mushy clutch

Congratulations, CB. But do put the clutch fluid level on your daily watch
list for a week or two. If it drops, you will want to look for fluid leaks
at either cyylinder and replace any leaky ones before they bite you on the
road.

Mike

"C B George" <noemail@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:9Ywkd.53238$hr3.2205551@twister.southeast.rr. com...
>
> "motsco_ _" <"motsco_ _"@interbaun.com> wrote in message
> news:41919391.2030005@interbaun.com...
>>C B George wrote:
>>> 96 Accord EX 5 Speed 75,000 miles.
>>> On my way home tonight, my clutch was mushy in that it didn't seem to
>>> engage as early as it usually does. Shifting out of first was fine but
>>> to come to a stop, I couldn't get it into first without jamming it.
>>> Only change between this morning and tonight was that the temperatures
>>> were colder today but nothing the car hadn't seen before.
>>> Thoughts? ================

>>
>> You should change your clutch (brake) fluid every time you have your
>> brakes flushed. If you're lucky, topping up the (clutch) reservoir will
>> get you going again.
>>
>> 'Curly'
>>

>
> That worked. Thanks, Curly.
>
> C B
>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brake Pedal still mushy after brake job croweasley Honda 3 49 31 Aug 2006 09:28 pm
Mushy acceleration Dave Kelsen Honda 2 17 24 Jun 2006 07:49 am
04 Accord EX - Not sure if my clutch is going bad? JeremyE Honda 3 2 16 Mar 2005 10:19 am
89 Accord clutch Andrew Honda 2 1 24 Jul 2004 02:59 pm
Help! Is the problem the clutch, the clutch master cylinder, or both?? User38221 Honda 3 9 27 Jun 2004 05:20 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.