Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09 Nov 2004, 05:43 pm
Dave Kelsen
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Oil filters

I own both a 2001 Odyssey and a 2003 Accord (4-cylinder). It is my
belief that the oil filter for these two engines is the same. Can
anyone here confirm or deny?

Thanks.


RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen
--
.... Attila the Nun - a simple girl pledged to a life of violence.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09 Nov 2004, 07:53 pm
Bill
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Oil filters

In article <QCckd.24737$As5.8912@tornado.tampabay.rr.com>,
invalid@invalid.invalid wrote:

>I own both a 2001 Odyssey and a 2003 Accord (4-cylinder). It is my
>belief that the oil filter for these two engines is the same. Can
>anyone here confirm or deny?
>
>Thanks.
>
>
>RFT!!!
>Dave Kelsen


You can go to most any of the filter manfs. websites and plug in both vehicles.
I like wix.com
It gives gasket dimensions, thread, BPV pressure.

That said, even though Honda has been downsizing their oil filters over
the last few years, most any Honda filter from the early? 80's will fit.
Many people like to use oversize filters.
"Honda type" 20 MM X 1.5 MM threads 8-11 PSI Bypass
Gasket 2.475"OD 2.173"ID 0.233" thick.
Length" Wix Purolator Hastings Honda Baldwin JD Casite AC MotorCraft
(2.6855 OD) 2.6 51365 L14612 LF113 NA B1400 NA CF113 PF1237 FL816
(3.25 OD) 3.2 51334 L14459 LF461 15400PCX004 B1421 AM101378 NA PF1127 FL803
(2.6855 OD) 3.2 51356 L14610 LF240 NA B1402 NA CF240 PF2057 FL822
(2.6855 OD) 3.4 51357 NA NA NA NA NA NA NA FL821
(3.25 OD) 4.1 51344 L24458 LF386 NA B161 NA NA NA FL799
*
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10 Nov 2004, 07:02 am
Dave Kelsen
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Oil filters

On 11/9/2004 7:53 PM Bill spake these words of knowledge:


> In article <QCckd.24737$As5.8912@tornado.tampabay.rr.com>,
> invalid@invalid.invalid wrote:
>
>>I own both a 2001 Odyssey and a 2003 Accord (4-cylinder). It is my
>>belief that the oil filter for these two engines is the same. Can
>>anyone here confirm or deny?
>>
>>Thanks.
>>
>>
>>RFT!!!
>>Dave Kelsen

>
> You can go to most any of the filter manfs. websites and plug in both vehicles.
> I like wix.com
> It gives gasket dimensions, thread, BPV pressure.
>
> That said, even though Honda has been downsizing their oil filters over
> the last few years, most any Honda filter from the early? 80's will fit.
> Many people like to use oversize filters.
> "Honda type" 20 MM X 1.5 MM threads 8-11 PSI Bypass
> Gasket 2.475"OD 2.173"ID 0.233" thick.
> Length" Wix Purolator Hastings Honda Baldwin JD Casite AC MotorCraft
> (2.6855 OD) 2.6 51365 L14612 LF113 NA B1400 NA CF113 PF1237 FL816
> (3.25 OD) 3.2 51334 L14459 LF461 15400PCX004 B1421 AM101378 NA PF1127 FL803
> (2.6855 OD) 3.2 51356 L14610 LF240 NA B1402 NA CF240 PF2057 FL822
> (2.6855 OD) 3.4 51357 NA NA NA NA NA NA NA FL821
> (3.25 OD) 4.1 51344 L24458 LF386 NA B161 NA NA NA FL799
>



Thanks, Bill, for all that good info.

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen
--
.... "Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will
within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not
add "within the limits of the law," because law is often but the
tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the
individual." -- Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10 Nov 2004, 08:02 pm
Howard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Oil filters

They are identical filters for either car.
Stay with the Honda OEM filter. It is the only one with a backflow valve in
it. The oil will feed quicker throughout the engine after startup. Very
important time for lubrication needs. The quicker oil pressure is built up
after starting the faster your oil will be circulating and prevent any
unnecessary wear from low oil pressure after startup.
Howard
"Dave Kelsen" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
news:QCckd.24737$As5.8912@tornado.tampabay.rr.com. ..
> I own both a 2001 Odyssey and a 2003 Accord (4-cylinder). It is my
> belief that the oil filter for these two engines is the same. Can
> anyone here confirm or deny?
>
> Thanks.
>
>
> RFT!!!
> Dave Kelsen
> --
> ... Attila the Nun - a simple girl pledged to a life of violence.



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10 Nov 2004, 09:03 pm
Steve Bigelow
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Oil filters


"Howard" <Howardh@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:qKzkd.3266$IQ.396@bignews6.bellsouth.net...
> They are identical filters for either car.
> Stay with the Honda OEM filter. It is the only one with a backflow valve
> in
> it.


Lol.....


Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K&N Filters Theodore Kaplan Honda 2 3 05 May 2006 09:49 am
K & A Air Filters Armand Honda 3 10 14 Mar 2006 07:47 pm
Oil Filters N.E.Ohio Bob Honda 2 19 20 Dec 2005 04:53 pm
K&N AIR FILTERS AND HONDA'S John R Woitasek Honda 2 1 02 Mar 2005 08:38 pm
New oil filters Jerrysf4 Honda 3 4 29 Apr 2004 10:08 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:03 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.