Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06 Nov 2004, 12:25 pm
Eightupman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 1992 Prelude Steering Rack

I am changing out a steering rack in a customers Prelude, and in my haste to
return the core to him, I believe I left two bushings in the core that are
needed to mount the new one. It looks like they should be in the holes near
the steering wheel shaft coupling, but I really dont remember.

Can anyone verify if bushings were supposed to be there, and if so, where
can I procure replacements, as the core is long gone.

Thanks

Eightupman


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06 Nov 2004, 12:43 pm
Eightupman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 1992 Prelude Steering Rack

Disregard.....they are supposed to be there, ,and NAPA has them....



"Eightupman" <eightupman@newemail.com> wrote in message
news:QG8jd.46675$hr3.1828515@twister.southeast.rr. com...
> I am changing out a steering rack in a customers Prelude, and in my haste

to
> return the core to him, I believe I left two bushings in the core that are
> needed to mount the new one. It looks like they should be in the holes

near
> the steering wheel shaft coupling, but I really dont remember.
>
> Can anyone verify if bushings were supposed to be there, and if so, where
> can I procure replacements, as the core is long gone.
>
> Thanks
>
> Eightupman
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06 Nov 2004, 01:05 pm
Caroline
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 1992 Prelude Steering Rack

The following shows two bushings at item 13 for a 1992 Prelude SI.
Would these be the ones you're looking for?

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...lay.jsp?inputs
tate=5&catcgry1=Prelude&catcgry2=1992&catcgry3=2DR +SI&catcgry4=KA5MT&c
atcgry5=STEERING+COLUMN


If not, look under "P.S. Gearbox" etc. for your 92 Prelude via site
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...catdisplay.jsp

"Eightupman" <eightupman@newemail.com> wrote
> I am changing out a steering rack in a customers Prelude, and in my

haste to
> return the core to him, I believe I left two bushings in the core

that are
> needed to mount the new one. It looks like they should be in the

holes near
> the steering wheel shaft coupling, but I really dont remember.
>
> Can anyone verify if bushings were supposed to be there, and if so,

where
> can I procure replacements, as the core is long gone.



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06 Nov 2004, 02:57 pm
Eightupman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 1992 Prelude Steering Rack

Negative. I need the bushings that mount it UNDER the car. I know it
needs them because without then it will shift.

"Caroline" <caroline10027remove@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:Cf9jd.2254$_J2.2001@newsread2.news.atl.earthl ink.net...
> The following shows two bushings at item 13 for a 1992 Prelude SI.
> Would these be the ones you're looking for?
>
>

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...p?inputstate=5
&catcgry1=Prelude&catcgry2=1992&catcgry3=2DR+SI&ca tcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=STEE
RING+COLUMN
>
>
> If not, look under "P.S. Gearbox" etc. for your 92 Prelude via site
> http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...catdisplay.jsp
>
> "Eightupman" <eightupman@newemail.com> wrote
> > I am changing out a steering rack in a customers Prelude, and in my

> haste to
> > return the core to him, I believe I left two bushings in the core

> that are
> > needed to mount the new one. It looks like they should be in the

> holes near
> > the steering wheel shaft coupling, but I really dont remember.
> >
> > Can anyone verify if bushings were supposed to be there, and if so,

> where
> > can I procure replacements, as the core is long gone.

>
>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Steering rack boots 93 Civic DX HB AT John M. Honda 3 8 30 Dec 2006 01:34 am
steering rack leak from steering gear o-ring John Honda 2 0 14 Dec 2006 12:24 am
steering rack problem roadrunner Honda 2 13 30 Oct 2006 09:58 pm
Question: 99 Accord steering rack v6 fit v4? twotonetommy@gmail.com Honda 3 2 11 Nov 2005 12:46 pm
1992 Honda Accord EX Steering Wheel Whining Noise Steve Mackie Honda 2 0 24 Sep 2005 04:16 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.