Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04 Nov 2004, 10:59 am
Jamco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Reset 2005 Civic ECU

is it possible to reset new ECU's by disconnecting the battery?


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04 Nov 2004, 06:04 pm
Honda Doc
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Reset 2005 Civic ECU

Yes, but then you must do an idle re-learn.


"Jamco" <Homer@jamco.com> wrote in message
news:cetid.93391$9b.10821@edtnps84...
> is it possible to reset new ECU's by disconnecting the battery?
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04 Nov 2004, 08:38 pm
Jamco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Reset 2005 Civic ECU

ok, so its just disconnect the negative, leave it for a bit, then turn on
and let it idle until warm, then turn off and your set?
thanks

"Honda Doc" <tophondadoc@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:0LKdnTbLr4LhXhfcRVn-jw@comcast.com...
> Yes, but then you must do an idle re-learn.
>
>
> "Jamco" <Homer@jamco.com> wrote in message
> news:cetid.93391$9b.10821@edtnps84...
>> is it possible to reset new ECU's by disconnecting the battery?
>>
>>

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05 Nov 2004, 09:34 am
M.C. Tee
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Reset 2005 Civic ECU

why not just read your owners manual and do it properly?


"Jamco" <homer@jamcojams.com> wrote in message
news:7JBid.94871$9b.64627@edtnps84...
> ok, so its just disconnect the negative, leave it for a bit, then turn on
> and let it idle until warm, then turn off and your set?
> thanks
>
> "Honda Doc" <tophondadoc@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:0LKdnTbLr4LhXhfcRVn-jw@comcast.com...
>> Yes, but then you must do an idle re-learn.
>>
>>
>> "Jamco" <Homer@jamco.com> wrote in message
>> news:cetid.93391$9b.10821@edtnps84...
>>> is it possible to reset new ECU's by disconnecting the battery?
>>>
>>>

>>
>>

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05 Nov 2004, 09:38 am
Jamco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Reset 2005 Civic ECU

I was under the impression it isn't in the owners manual?

"M.C. Tee" <tedwards@LEAVE.ME.ALONEnl.rogers.com> wrote in message
news:cmg6im$qfl$1@nntp-stjh-01-01.rogers.nf.net...
> why not just read your owners manual and do it properly?
>
>
> "Jamco" <homer@jamcojams.com> wrote in message
> news:7JBid.94871$9b.64627@edtnps84...
>> ok, so its just disconnect the negative, leave it for a bit, then turn on
>> and let it idle until warm, then turn off and your set?
>> thanks
>>
>> "Honda Doc" <tophondadoc@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:0LKdnTbLr4LhXhfcRVn-jw@comcast.com...
>>> Yes, but then you must do an idle re-learn.
>>>
>>>
>>> "Jamco" <Homer@jamco.com> wrote in message
>>> news:cetid.93391$9b.10821@edtnps84...
>>>> is it possible to reset new ECU's by disconnecting the battery?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>

>>
>>

>
>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone know how to reset 2006 civic oil change %? jkk6028@yahoo.com Honda 2 5 24 Jun 2006 04:41 pm
How to reset maint. light on 2005 Accord? I am I Honda 2 4 30 May 2006 11:48 am
2005 Civic: How do I reset the maintenance indicator? Nobody Honda 2 22 28 Sep 2005 01:42 pm
01 Civic EX - odometer reset help Vlad Honda 2 5 01 May 2004 10:40 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.