Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07 Mar 2010, 08:46 am
Zorro_2k
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 2006 CR-V Brake Pad...CERAMIC ?

Are the 2006 CR-V brake pads (front and rear) ceramic, or semi-
metallic, or ?

Is there a recommended alternate brand for the OEM pads from the Honda
dealership, or should I just go to the dealer and buy what they have ?
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07 Mar 2010, 09:56 am
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2006 CR-V Brake Pad...CERAMIC ?

On 03/07/2010 06:46 AM, Zorro_2k wrote:
> Are the 2006 CR-V brake pads (front and rear) ceramic, or semi-
> metallic, or ?
>
> Is there a recommended alternate brand for the OEM pads from the Honda
> dealership, or should I just go to the dealer and buy what they have ?


buy oem. buy online oem if you don't like your local dealer price. oem
honda pads are very fade resistant, about the same price as aftermarket,
come with all the shims you need, and a little sachet of anti-squeal.
and they don't wreck your disk or create too much brake dust.

if you absolutely /have/ to go aftermarket, akebono ceramics are good.


--
nomina rutrum rutrum
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04 Oct 2010, 09:04 pm
nobody@nada.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2006 CR-V Brake Pad...CERAMIC ?

On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 07:56:22 -0800, jim beam <me@privacy.net> wrote:

>On 03/07/2010 06:46 AM, Zorro_2k wrote:
>> Are the 2006 CR-V brake pads (front and rear) ceramic, or semi-
>> metallic, or ?
>>
>> Is there a recommended alternate brand for the OEM pads from the Honda
>> dealership, or should I just go to the dealer and buy what they have ?

>
>buy oem. buy online oem if you don't like your local dealer price. oem
>honda pads are very fade resistant, about the same price as aftermarket,
>come with all the shims you need, and a little sachet of anti-squeal.
>and they don't wreck your disk or create too much brake dust.
>
>if you absolutely /have/ to go aftermarket, akebono ceramics are good.


I have heard that Honda uses relatively soft pads and rotors to keep
noise down and that you shouldn't use ceramic pads.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04 Oct 2010, 10:00 pm
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2006 CR-V Brake Pad...CERAMIC ?

On 10/04/2010 07:04 PM, nobody@nada.com wrote:
> On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 07:56:22 -0800, jim beam<me@privacy.net> wrote:
>
>> On 03/07/2010 06:46 AM, Zorro_2k wrote:
>>> Are the 2006 CR-V brake pads (front and rear) ceramic, or semi-
>>> metallic, or ?
>>>
>>> Is there a recommended alternate brand for the OEM pads from the Honda
>>> dealership, or should I just go to the dealer and buy what they have ?

>>
>> buy oem. buy online oem if you don't like your local dealer price. oem
>> honda pads are very fade resistant, about the same price as aftermarket,
>> come with all the shims you need, and a little sachet of anti-squeal.
>> and they don't wreck your disk or create too much brake dust.
>>
>> if you absolutely /have/ to go aftermarket, akebono ceramics are good.

>
> I have heard that Honda uses relatively soft pads and rotors to keep
> noise down and that you shouldn't use ceramic pads.


where did you "hear" this from??? clearly not from anyone who actually
knows what they're talking about or you wouldn't be wrong on both counts.

--
nomina rutrum rutrum
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ceramic headers? 2000integra Acura Technical 2 29 Jun 2008 01:46 pm
Differnces between ceramic and semi-metallic b dxmah Honda 1 2 10 Jun 2008 07:53 pm
do ceramic headers really crack? Miguel M Honda Technical 4 05 Nov 2007 09:31 pm
Headers - ceramic vs. stainless Steve Yates Honda 3 1 16 Apr 2007 01:53 pm
2000 Accord Brakes - Ceramic Pads? Bo Hica Honda 3 5 31 May 2005 08:57 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.