Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 18 Feb 2010, 05:28 pm
RC
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 94 Accord LX RH mirror replacement

The right hand mirror got torn off our 94 4dr Accord LX. Nice of Honda
to desing these to break away without damage to the door. This car has
electric mirrors. Anyone know if there is a cheaper manual-adjust
replacement? (Other than putting on a trailer mirror with sheet metal
screws :-) ).

-RC
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 18 Feb 2010, 06:04 pm
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 94 Accord LX RH mirror replacement

On 02/18/2010 03:28 PM, RC wrote:
> The right hand mirror got torn off our 94 4dr Accord LX. Nice of Honda
> to desing these to break away without damage to the door. This car has
> electric mirrors. Anyone know if there is a cheaper manual-adjust
> replacement? (Other than putting on a trailer mirror with sheet metal
> screws :-) ).
>
> -RC


just get a replacement from a wrecker's yard. $15.

--
nomina rutrum rutrum
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 18 Feb 2010, 06:18 pm
E. Meyer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 94 Accord LX RH mirror replacement

On 2/18/10 5:28 PM, in article juirn596539533tkthfdert5uh4jae5q6f@4ax.com,
"RC" <spam_this@nowhere.null> wrote:

> The right hand mirror got torn off our 94 4dr Accord LX. Nice of Honda
> to desing these to break away without damage to the door. This car has
> electric mirrors. Anyone know if there is a cheaper manual-adjust
> replacement? (Other than putting on a trailer mirror with sheet metal
> screws :-) ).
>
> -RC


Any reason you can't just get an OEM electric mirror from the local junk
yard?

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 18 Feb 2010, 08:33 pm
RC
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 94 Accord LX RH mirror replacement

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 18:18:52 -0600, "E. Meyer" <e.p.meyer@verizon.net>
wrote:

>On 2/18/10 5:28 PM, in article juirn596539533tkthfdert5uh4jae5q6f@4ax.com,
>"RC" <spam_this@nowhere.null> wrote:
>
>> The right hand mirror got torn off our 94 4dr Accord LX. Nice of Honda
>> to desing these to break away without damage to the door. This car has
>> electric mirrors. Anyone know if there is a cheaper manual-adjust
>> replacement? (Other than putting on a trailer mirror with sheet metal
>> screws :-) ).
>>
>> -RC

>
>Any reason you can't just get an OEM electric mirror from the local junk
>yard?


I'll try calling around tomorrow. I gave up on wrekcing yards back
when they stopped letting me pick parts myself.

-RC

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 18 Feb 2010, 10:32 pm
Cameo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 94 Accord LX RH mirror replacement

"RC" <spam_this@nowhere.null> wrote in message
news:l1urn5137f6gob4nqk1q8c8ilrmjtilvac@4ax.com...
> I'll try calling around tomorrow. I gave up on wrekcing yards back
> when they stopped letting me pick parts myself.


That's not necessarily bad. Some of the better yards store the parts on
shelf pretty professionally and even give you replacement warranty for
it. My '94 Accord's factory radio failed about 10 years ago and when I
found out how ridiculously expensive a replacement radio was at the
dealership, and I still wanted to stay "pure" Honda, I got one from a
good junk yard for $100. Unfortunately that also failed about 5 years
later but by then the junk yard was out of business, so I could not
avail myself of their warranty. Then I decided to get an aftermarket
radio from Crutchfield which turned out pretty good. It's a shame that a
Honda factory unit that costs around four or five hundred dollars could
not last longer.

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 19 Feb 2010, 08:22 am
pws
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 94 Accord LX RH mirror replacement

Cameo wrote:

> That's not necessarily bad. Some of the better yards store the parts on
> shelf pretty professionally and even give you replacement warranty for
> it. My '94 Accord's factory radio failed about 10 years ago and when I
> found out how ridiculously expensive a replacement radio was at the
> dealership, and I still wanted to stay "pure" Honda, I got one from a
> good junk yard for $100. Unfortunately that also failed about 5 years
> later but by then the junk yard was out of business, so I could not
> avail myself of their warranty. Then I decided to get an aftermarket
> radio from Crutchfield which turned out pretty good. It's a shame that a
> Honda factory unit that costs around four or five hundred dollars could
> not last longer.


Stereos are another area where I go "aftermarket", if you can call it
that. One factory stereo that I replaced was a Panasonic unit installed
in a Mazda, and I replaced it with a nice Kenwood that was around $200.00.

Speakers too, I have never owned a car that came with very good speakers.
The replacements have always been a big upgrade, and I don't put
super-powerful systems with subwoofers and such, so I am not spending
thousands of dollars. Probably more than the OEM speakers would run, but
well worth it imo.

The last stereo that I replaced was a 1991 unit that didn't even have a
CD player, so upgrading was mandatory as far as I was concerned.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 19 Feb 2010, 08:42 am
RC
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 94 Accord LX RH mirror replacement

$50 for a replacement from Woodfin, shipped to my door. Not bad for an
electric mirror.

Anyone know offhand how to get that small piece of trim off the inside
of the door so I can access the mirror mounting screws?

-RC
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 19 Feb 2010, 02:46 pm
Cameo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 94 Accord LX RH mirror replacement

"RC" <spam_this@nowhere.null> wrote in message
news:km8tn5h332al4ogmhq19anf3arv7nggrcb@4ax.com...
> $50 for a replacement from Woodfin, shipped to my door. Not bad for an
> electric mirror.
>
> Anyone know offhand how to get that small piece of trim off the inside
> of the door so I can access the mirror mounting screws?


I have the Honda Service Manual for the '94 Accord and in the link below
I reproduced the relavent section from it. It's for the driver side
mirror, but should be pretty much the same for the passenger side. I
hope you find it useful.

<http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0Bx41cGCzYT76NDdlNzRiMTQtYzVhNC00MGFkLThkZ WYtNTJjMmI4N2IzMzVl&hl=en>

I think you can see the picture better after downloading it.

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 19 Feb 2010, 03:10 pm
Cameo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 94 Accord LX RH mirror replacement

"Cameo" <cameo@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
news:hlmt9i$6bh$1@news.eternal-september.org...
> "RC" <spam_this@nowhere.null> wrote in message I have the Honda
> Service Manual for the '94 Accord and in the link below I reproduced
> the relavent section from it. It's for the driver side mirror, but
> should be pretty much the same for the passenger side. I hope you find
> it useful.
>
> <http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0Bx41cGCzYT76NDdlNzRiMTQtYzVhNC00MGFkLThkZ WYtNTJjMmI4N2IzMzVl&hl=en>
>
> I think you can see the picture better after downloading it.


Just in case the above link forces you to open a Picasa account, here is
another link that should not do that:

<http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/TTbCSHSTdDaf7CnN4F0D-g?authkey=Gv1sRgCNzyt8by3uLAvgE&feat=directlink>

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 19 Feb 2010, 05:44 pm
RC
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 94 Accord LX RH mirror replacement

On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 13:10:21 -0800, "Cameo" <cameo@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>"Cameo" <cameo@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>
><http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/TTbCSHSTdDaf7CnN4F0D-g?authkey=Gv1sRgCNzyt8by3uLAvgE&feat=directlink>


Cameo,

Thanks for that scan. It's a great help.

-RC

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2007 Honda Accord SE passenger mirror replacement 121dze2lgf2n Honda Technical 0 11 Dec 2009 12:32 am
Where can I find a factory replacement for my Honda Accord LX 1997 left mirror garnish and a teachersapple7 Honda Technical 4 12 Jul 2008 11:16 am
90-93 Accord Door Mirror Replacement Questions Larry C Honda 2 1 20 Nov 2005 11:31 am
Sun visor mirror replacement? Possible? G. Wayne Calvert Honda 2 3 29 Aug 2005 06:14 am
98 CRV Passenger side Mirror replacement? Dale McMillan Honda 2 5 29 Jan 2004 07:11 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.