Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02 Oct 2004, 11:57 am
Gershund
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Rear window defroster.

I have been thinking of taking the old original window film from the rear
window (all bubbled by the heat 0in my civic'91.

Does anybody knows about any defrosting "lines" (kit) that is availablein
the market?...

Also, the button for the rear window defroster doesn't hold when I press it,
so I don't know if it's on or off!...Does it suppose to work like this?...Is
it broken?...

I have never used the rear window de-fogger (defroster) because of this
reason (the button), besides that I don't know if the lines would work
properly if the button was holding , 'cause the window film bubbles (some
window lines might be broken just cause this)!..

Thank you in advance!...



Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02 Oct 2004, 02:07 pm
Randolph
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Rear window defroster.


Gershund wrote:
>
> I have been thinking of taking the old original window film from the rear
> window (all bubbled by the heat 0in my civic'91.


Original? Dealer installed, perhaps, but I doubt it is a Honda OEM
product.
>
> Does anybody knows about any defrosting "lines" (kit) that is availablein
> the market?...


You can get repair kits to patch small breaks in the lines, I am not
aware of any complete replacement kits. If you have the tint/film
professionally removed, there is a good chance they won't cause (too
much) damage to the defogger lines,.
>
> Also, the button for the rear window defroster doesn't hold when I press it,
> so I don't know if it's on or off!...Does it suppose to work like this?...Is
> it broken?...


On the US market '94 Civic, the button is just like you describe. It is
the door-bell type switch that does not stay depressed. When I press the
switch, a small indicator light in the switch comes on and I get the
defogger working for 20 minutes or so before it turns off by itself. If
I press the switch again before the 20 minutes are up, the defogger
turns off immediately. Seems like this is the case with your '91 as
well.

I know in some other markets they use a regular on-off switch that stays
depressed, and the defogger never turns off by itslef.
>
> I have never used the rear window de-fogger (defroster) because of this
> reason (the button), besides that I don't know if the lines would work
> properly if the button was holding , 'cause the window film bubbles (some
> window lines might be broken just cause this)!..
>
> Thank you in advance!...

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02 Oct 2004, 03:23 pm
Caroline
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Rear window defroster.

"Randolph" <trash@junkmail.com> wrote
Gershund wrote:
snip
> > Also, the button for the rear window defroster doesn't hold when I press it,
> > so I don't know if it's on or off!...Does it suppose to work like this?...Is
> > it broken?...

>
> On the US market '94 Civic, the button is just like you describe. It is
> the door-bell type switch that does not stay depressed. When I press the
> switch, a small indicator light in the switch comes on and I get the
> defogger working for 20 minutes or so before it turns off by itself. If
> I press the switch again before the 20 minutes are up, the defogger
> turns off immediately. Seems like this is the case with your '91 as
> well.


The above is indeed a description of how my 1991 Civic LX window defroster
works.

IIRC, the indicator light is a little hard to see if it's sunny out. I can cup
my hand around it and see it (when it's on), though, IIRC.


Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
12V Window Defroster Scott Honda 2 1 06 Dec 2005 10:10 pm
Anyone have any luck repair rear window defroster? Exeter Honda 2 16 04 Feb 2004 03:57 pm
Rear window defroster on 2002 Accord EX V6 H. Nakanishi Honda 3 3 20 Oct 2003 02:54 pm
FM Stereo Reception/Rear Window Defroster Genghis Kahn Honda 2 2 12 Oct 2003 01:58 pm
Rear Window Defroster Genghis Kahn Acura 2 08 Oct 2003 10:12 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:13 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.