Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 28 Sep 2004, 06:09 am
George Kinley
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Accord 99 Clock and Temprature LCD Back Light,

Greetings ALL
My Accord's Clock and Temprature Back light is not working, I called up
the mechanic and asked the price for fixing it , he is asking 100 $ for
the work , what is your opinion regarding this price. One more
Information that all the other interior is working fine,
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 28 Sep 2004, 10:34 am
motsco_ _
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Accord 99 Clock and Temprature LCD Back Light,

George Kinley wrote:
> Greetings ALL
> My Accord's Clock and Temprature Back light is not working, I called up
> the mechanic and asked the price for fixing it , he is asking 100 $ for
> the work , what is your opinion regarding this price. One more
> Information that all the other interior is working fine,


===========================

Put masking tape on the edge under the clock, get a very flat
butterknife or baseboard knife, pop it out, rotate and remove the holder
for the bulb, put in a new bulb, pop the whole thing back in.

10 minutes, plus the cost of the bulb (don't pay for a Honda bulb)

'Curly'

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 28 Sep 2004, 01:43 pm
Howard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Accord 99 Clock and Temprature LCD Back Light,

What about his temperature gauge? Do you think he's gonna need a knife and a
fork for that?
"motsco_ _" <"motsco_ _"@interbaun.com> wrote in message
news:4159767A.4040807@interbaun.com...
> George Kinley wrote:
> > Greetings ALL
> > My Accord's Clock and Temprature Back light is not working, I called up
> > the mechanic and asked the price for fixing it , he is asking 100 $ for
> > the work , what is your opinion regarding this price. One more
> > Information that all the other interior is working fine,

>
> ===========================
>
> Put masking tape on the edge under the clock, get a very flat
> butterknife or baseboard knife, pop it out, rotate and remove the holder
> for the bulb, put in a new bulb, pop the whole thing back in.
>
> 10 minutes, plus the cost of the bulb (don't pay for a Honda bulb)
>
> 'Curly'
>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 30 Sep 2004, 06:28 pm
Joe Grind
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Accord 99 Clock and Temprature LCD Back Light,

Motsco is right, the clock is simple to replace, basically just as he
stated. I have personally never replaced the other one, but I doubt the job
should cost you $100 and is probably just as easy.

So when you remove the clock, you will notice a couple of screws behind it,
remove those. Then remove the two screws at the bottom of the "finishing
plate" (don't know what to call it). Then gently you can pull on it to
remove it, you may have a couple of connectors to remove once its loose. You
then likely will have easy access to the temperature lights.

AT A MINIMUM, at least try it for yourself. My instructions may not be great
but if you do try it, you will see just how easy it is!

Good Luck


"Howard" <Howardh@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:foh6d.59699$as2.40738@bignews3.bellsouth.net. ..
> What about his temperature gauge? Do you think he's gonna need a knife and

a
> fork for that?
> "motsco_ _" <"motsco_ _"@interbaun.com> wrote in message
> news:4159767A.4040807@interbaun.com...
> > George Kinley wrote:
> > > Greetings ALL
> > > My Accord's Clock and Temprature Back light is not working, I called

up
> > > the mechanic and asked the price for fixing it , he is asking 100 $

for
> > > the work , what is your opinion regarding this price. One more
> > > Information that all the other interior is working fine,

> >
> > ===========================
> >
> > Put masking tape on the edge under the clock, get a very flat
> > butterknife or baseboard knife, pop it out, rotate and remove the holder
> > for the bulb, put in a new bulb, pop the whole thing back in.
> >
> > 10 minutes, plus the cost of the bulb (don't pay for a Honda bulb)
> >
> > 'Curly'
> >

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 30 Sep 2004, 10:18 pm
Elmo P. Shagnasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Accord 99 Clock and Temprature LCD Back Light,

In article <TMadndxX1YvwFcHcRVn-vw@rogers.com>,
"Joe Grind" <Joe@Grind.com> wrote:

> So when you remove the clock, you will notice a couple of screws behind it,
> remove those. Then remove the two screws at the bottom of the "finishing
> plate" (don't know what to call it). Then gently you can pull on it to
> remove it, you may have a couple of connectors to remove once its loose. You
> then likely will have easy access to the temperature lights.


Correct.

Remove the screw behind the clock. Now, at the bottom of the trim piece
that surrounds the clock and radio and climate controls, pointing
upwards, are two screws. Remove those.

With a rag to protect your hands, get inside the clock cavity and yank.
Don't be afraid to yank pretty hard; this trim piece can be sticky. But
it will yank out. Then you'll see everything.

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
repairing a 98 Accord clock light .~ SleazzyWeasel ~. Honda 3 3 09 Feb 2006 09:04 pm
Clock Light on '98 Accord Don Honda 2 2 11 Jan 2006 05:28 am
99 Honda Passport - Clock back light Nat Honda 3 4 03 Nov 2005 06:39 am
Accord 99 Clock and Temprature LCD Back Light, George Kinley Honda 3 4 30 Sep 2004 10:18 pm
Accord clock light accordEX Honda 3 0 25 Aug 2004 03:06 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.