Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 15 Sep 2004, 06:00 pm
jn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default I found a good one (I think)

I think this is a great deal...but I a little suspicious about the low
price. I don't know if I'm being paranoid or not, just want to be sure there
isn't any fraud involved. I'm going to go see it tomorrow, and I'm already
pre-approved for $15,000 from my bank!

2002 Civic EX Coupe with 25,669 miles for $12,888.

http://tinyurl.com/5cn66

I really want this car...



Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 15 Sep 2004, 07:04 pm
_chris_
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: I found a good one (I think)

I would carfax and get a tech to give it a good once over.




"jn" <usenet*spamistehsuckremovetoreply*@jasonnorris.ne t> wrote in message
news:RP32d.23$Si.1@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...
> I think this is a great deal...but I a little suspicious about the low
> price. I don't know if I'm being paranoid or not, just want to be sure

there
> isn't any fraud involved. I'm going to go see it tomorrow, and I'm already
> pre-approved for $15,000 from my bank!
>
> 2002 Civic EX Coupe with 25,669 miles for $12,888.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5cn66
>
> I really want this car...
>
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 15 Sep 2004, 08:18 pm
Larry
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: I found a good one (I think)

It still has it's factory warranty left. I'd spend the $100 or so and have
a mechanic who knows Hondas or a local dealer go thru it.
A CarFax report will give you origins of the car and a history of ownership.
It isn't accurate and reliable enough to give its accident history, as it
relies on other parties to provide that information.....and they usually
don't. You can also find out if its been a repo.....in which case, don't
buy. The price is definitely worthy of a potential purchase.
Good luck!


"jn" <usenet*spamistehsuckremovetoreply*@jasonnorris.ne t> wrote in message
news:RP32d.23$Si.1@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...
> I think this is a great deal...but I a little suspicious about the low
> price. I don't know if I'm being paranoid or not, just want to be sure

there
> isn't any fraud involved. I'm going to go see it tomorrow, and I'm already
> pre-approved for $15,000 from my bank!
>
> 2002 Civic EX Coupe with 25,669 miles for $12,888.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5cn66
>
> I really want this car...
>
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 16 Sep 2004, 03:17 pm
_chris_
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: I found a good one (I think)

What's wrong with the car being repo.? Basicly the owner 'couldn't make the
payments'

I wouldn't buy it if the title been branded rebuilt or something to that
effect.





"Larry" <lgz56@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:lR52d.20176$ZX5.1130@newssvr27.news.prodigy.c om...
> It still has it's factory warranty left. I'd spend the $100 or so and

have
> a mechanic who knows Hondas or a local dealer go thru it.
> A CarFax report will give you origins of the car and a history of

ownership.
> It isn't accurate and reliable enough to give its accident history, as it
> relies on other parties to provide that information.....and they usually
> don't. You can also find out if its been a repo.....in which case, don't
> buy. The price is definitely worthy of a potential purchase.
> Good luck!
>



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 16 Sep 2004, 10:03 pm
Sebastian
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: I found a good one (I think)

"jn" <usenet*spamistehsuckremovetoreply*@jasonnorris.ne t> wrote in message news:<RP32d.23$Si.1@tornado.tampabay.rr.com>...
> I think this is a great deal...but I a little suspicious about the low
> price. I don't know if I'm being paranoid or not, just want to be sure there
> isn't any fraud involved. I'm going to go see it tomorrow, and I'm already
> pre-approved for $15,000 from my bank!
>
> 2002 Civic EX Coupe with 25,669 miles for $12,888.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5cn66
>
> I really want this car...


Make sure that you confirm if this car has been involved in a
collision and has been rebuilt. A few things that I picked up on from
the photos that indicate a "potentially" rebuilt car.

1.The air bag on the steering wheel is a different colour then the
actual steering wheel.

2.The front bumper does not appear to have any stone chips or bug
stains (likely a sign that it has been repainted.

If it has been rebuilt, it is likely still a good car but you have to
be cautious of gremilns.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 17 Sep 2004, 12:37 am
jn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: I found a good one (I think)

"Larry" <lgz56@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:lR52d.20176$ZX5.1130@newssvr27.news.prodigy.c om...
> It still has it's factory warranty left. I'd spend the $100 or so and

have
> a mechanic who knows Hondas or a local dealer go thru it.
> A CarFax report will give you origins of the car and a history of

ownership.
> It isn't accurate and reliable enough to give its accident history, as it
> relies on other parties to provide that information.....and they usually
> don't. You can also find out if its been a repo.....in which case, don't
> buy. The price is definitely worthy of a potential purchase.
> Good luck!
>
>
> "jn" <usenet*spamistehsuckremovetoreply*@jasonnorris.ne t> wrote in message
> news:RP32d.23$Si.1@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...
> > I think this is a great deal...but I a little suspicious about the low
> > price. I don't know if I'm being paranoid or not, just want to be sure

> there
> > isn't any fraud involved. I'm going to go see it tomorrow, and I'm

already
> > pre-approved for $15,000 from my bank!
> >
> > 2002 Civic EX Coupe with 25,669 miles for $12,888.
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/5cn66
> >
> > I really want this car...
> >
> >
> >

>


I ran a Carfax report and everything looked ok I think. It was registered as
a corporate lease vehicle and then a commercial vehicle.

I going to go get it checked out on Saturday, and then hopefully buy it.

Thanks for the input.



Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 17 Sep 2004, 08:36 am
PT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: I found a good one (I think)

A good way to tell if it was accidented or repainted:
- looks at the seams(gap)should be mostly the same all around
-Is the bumpers are lining up with the fenders?
-Look under at the frame(for wrinkle metal)
-Also ckeck all trims for overspray of paint
As Sebastian said it is weird that the air bag is not matching the sterring
wheel.As for chips on the bumpers it is still a farly new car(with
25xxx)witch i think should be in good condition(not new looking)
Well i wish you luck with the car
Pascal
"Sebastian" <sstula@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:fdebf8ed.0409161903.51d935c7@posting.google.c om...
> "jn" <usenet*spamistehsuckremovetoreply*@jasonnorris.ne t> wrote in message

news:<RP32d.23$Si.1@tornado.tampabay.rr.com>...
> > I think this is a great deal...but I a little suspicious about the low
> > price. I don't know if I'm being paranoid or not, just want to be sure

there
> > isn't any fraud involved. I'm going to go see it tomorrow, and I'm

already
> > pre-approved for $15,000 from my bank!
> >
> > 2002 Civic EX Coupe with 25,669 miles for $12,888.
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/5cn66
> >
> > I really want this car...

>
> Make sure that you confirm if this car has been involved in a
> collision and has been rebuilt. A few things that I picked up on from
> the photos that indicate a "potentially" rebuilt car.
>
> 1.The air bag on the steering wheel is a different colour then the
> actual steering wheel.
>
> 2.The front bumper does not appear to have any stone chips or bug
> stains (likely a sign that it has been repainted.
>
> If it has been rebuilt, it is likely still a good car but you have to
> be cautious of gremilns.



Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 17 Sep 2004, 09:04 am
jn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: I found a good one (I think)


"Sebastian" <sstula@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:fdebf8ed.0409161903.51d935c7@posting.google.c om...
> "jn" <usenet*spamistehsuckremovetoreply*@jasonnorris.ne t> wrote in message

news:<RP32d.23$Si.1@tornado.tampabay.rr.com>...
> > I think this is a great deal...but I a little suspicious about the low
> > price. I don't know if I'm being paranoid or not, just want to be sure

there
> > isn't any fraud involved. I'm going to go see it tomorrow, and I'm

already
> > pre-approved for $15,000 from my bank!
> >
> > 2002 Civic EX Coupe with 25,669 miles for $12,888.
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/5cn66
> >
> > I really want this car...

>
> Make sure that you confirm if this car has been involved in a
> collision and has been rebuilt. A few things that I picked up on from
> the photos that indicate a "potentially" rebuilt car.
>
> 1.The air bag on the steering wheel is a different colour then the
> actual steering wheel.
>
> 2.The front bumper does not appear to have any stone chips or bug
> stains (likely a sign that it has been repainted.
>
> If it has been rebuilt, it is likely still a good car but you have to
> be cautious of gremilns.


Is a rebuilt car worth that price? It's a couple thousand cheaper than it's
supposed to be.

The dealer totally denied that the car was in an accident. I asked him about
the bumper and airbag, and he didn't know what I was talking about (of
course.)

I'll let my mechanic know when he does the inspection.


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 17 Sep 2004, 09:31 am
jn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: I found a good one (I think)

"jn" <usenet*spamistehsuckremovetoreply*@jasonnorris.ne t> wrote in message
news:RP32d.23$Si.1@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...
> I think this is a great deal...but I a little suspicious about the low
> price. I don't know if I'm being paranoid or not, just want to be sure

there
> isn't any fraud involved. I'm going to go see it tomorrow, and I'm already
> pre-approved for $15,000 from my bank!
>
> 2002 Civic EX Coupe with 25,669 miles for $12,888.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5cn66
>
> I really want this car...
>
>
>


This story has made the think twice:
http://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/de...?dealerid=2977

I don't know if I'll get it or not now...


Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 17 Sep 2004, 03:09 pm
Larry
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: I found a good one (I think)

If people know their car is about to be repoed, they will generally drive
the crap out of it to make sure who takes it back has a world of problems
with it....like slamming it into reverse at 30 mph.


"_chris_" <chris_farr@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
news:bxm2d.11778$lb5.1008859@news20.bellglobal.com ...
> What's wrong with the car being repo.? Basicly the owner 'couldn't make

the
> payments'
>
> I wouldn't buy it if the title been branded rebuilt or something to that
> effect.
>
>
>
>
>
> "Larry" <lgz56@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:lR52d.20176$ZX5.1130@newssvr27.news.prodigy.c om...
> > It still has it's factory warranty left. I'd spend the $100 or so and

> have
> > a mechanic who knows Hondas or a local dealer go thru it.
> > A CarFax report will give you origins of the car and a history of

> ownership.
> > It isn't accurate and reliable enough to give its accident history, as

it
> > relies on other parties to provide that information.....and they usually
> > don't. You can also find out if its been a repo.....in which case,

don't
> > buy. The price is definitely worthy of a potential purchase.
> > Good luck!
> >

>
>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I found a good car forum recontech@gmail.com Honda 2 1 20 Apr 2006 09:24 am
You want can be found! Perhaps macrocoro Honda 3 0 26 May 2005 08:23 am
Re: Good morning or good evening depending upon your location. I want to ask you the most important question of your life. Your joy or sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good Yik Yak Honda 3 0 23 Apr 2005 03:23 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.