Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07 Sep 2004, 09:39 am
Bill Wolcott
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Slipping Transmission

91 Accord 4 cyl AT, 200K
Cars runs great, looks pretty good, lately trans slips in lower gears when
accelerating from stop or downshifting. It stays in the slipping mode but we
found that placing the shift lever in neutral, turning the key to the Off
position, restarting and shifting back to D allows the shift to occur.
Any ideas or thoughts appreciated.
Bill W


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07 Sep 2004, 01:31 pm
motsco_ _
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Slipping Transmission

Bill Wolcott wrote:
> 91 Accord 4 cyl AT, 200K
> Cars runs great, looks pretty good, lately trans slips in lower gears when
> accelerating from stop or downshifting. It stays in the slipping mode but we
> found that placing the shift lever in neutral, turning the key to the Off
> position, restarting and shifting back to D allows the shift to occur.
> Any ideas or thoughts appreciated.
> Bill W



-----------------

How many times have you drained and refilled with Honda Z1 ATF,
recently? What color / smell is the ATF.

'Curly'

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07 Sep 2004, 07:14 pm
Bill Wolcott
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Slipping Transmission

Thanks, car is my neighbors, he just bought it last weekend so he's not
changed out fluids etc. Existing fluid has good color, no burnt smell.
Previous owners service records indicate a flush/fill was done sometime in
the past, he (neighbor) didn't say what the mileage was at that time. Most
all the service was performed at the factory shop in Marysville, though.
Bill W
"motsco_ _" <"motsco_ _"@interbaun.com> wrote in message
news:413DFE6F.7080502@interbaun.com...
> Bill Wolcott wrote:
> > 91 Accord 4 cyl AT, 200K
> > Cars runs great, looks pretty good, lately trans slips in lower gears

when
> > accelerating from stop or downshifting. It stays in the slipping mode

but we
> > found that placing the shift lever in neutral, turning the key to the

Off
> > position, restarting and shifting back to D allows the shift to occur.
> > Any ideas or thoughts appreciated.
> > Bill W

>
>
> -----------------
>
> How many times have you drained and refilled with Honda Z1 ATF,
> recently? What color / smell is the ATF.
>
> 'Curly'
>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 18 Dec 2004, 01:57 pm
coreyhoten
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Slipping Transmission

I have got a 1997 Prelude 2.2vtec tiptronic and my transmission is slipping
in low gears and over revving between shifts???Any suggestions will be
greatly appreciated. Thanks


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06 Mar 2005, 10:44 am
SC
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Slipping Transmission

coreyhoten wrote:
> I have got a 1997 Prelude 2.2vtec tiptronic and my transmission is slipping
> in low gears and over revving between shifts???Any suggestions will be
> greatly appreciated. Thanks
>
>

Same here, going to take it to the dealer this week to force them to
either sort or tell me I need a new transmission.

I will let you know what happens. Just out of interest, how many miles
does your have?
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 18 Oct 2005, 06:18 pm
josh308
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Slipping Transmission

Same problem here. Can anyone help me find out if I have the base or SH
model for the 1997 prelude I have. I just bought it. Thanks. josh308

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 18 Oct 2005, 06:32 pm
josh308
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Slipping Transmission

Same problem here. Can anyone help me find out if I have the base or SH
model for the 1997 prelude I have. I just bought it. Thanks. josh308

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 18 Oct 2005, 08:43 pm
TeGGeR®
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Slipping Transmission

"josh308" <jbmanny308@hotmail.com> wrote in
news:7d15e7428aa32d8febf175a27cdc18d2@localhost.ta lkaboutautos.com:

> Same problem here. Can anyone help me find out if I have the base or SH
> model for the 1997 prelude I have. I just bought it. Thanks. josh308
>
>



Why sure, (very) young fella!

http://thisoldhonda.org/vindecoder.php

For future reference, you may wish to learn of this site:
www.google.com

And learn to cross-post properly, son.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
96 Honda Accord Lx transmission slipping Grey-hound Honda 2 3 08 Mar 2005 11:17 pm
slipping transmission John Honda 3 2 21 Sep 2004 11:26 pm
Transmission Slipping Bill Wolcott Honda 3 3 12 Sep 2004 09:05 pm
2002 Odessey Transmission slipping Grumpy Honda 3 7 29 Oct 2003 02:48 pm
Transmission slipping problems John Acura 2 08 Sep 2003 10:32 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.