Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 23 Jul 2004, 10:13 am
Tri Nguyen]
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default My car uses gas quickly....

Hello. I have Honda Accord 94 ex 200,000 miles on it. :-) . I don't what's
wrong; the gas ran out a little bit quickly. Thanks


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 23 Jul 2004, 11:18 am
M.C. Tee
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: My car uses gas quickly....

explain quickly? how many mpg are you getting approx? did you check for gas
leaks? CEL on?




"Tri Nguyen]" <tringuyens@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:xW9Mc.4723$17.1032288@news1.epix.net...
> Hello. I have Honda Accord 94 ex 200,000 miles on it. :-) . I don't what's
> wrong; the gas ran out a little bit quickly. Thanks
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 24 Jul 2004, 03:19 pm
Jason
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: My car uses gas quickly....

In article <xW9Mc.4723$17.1032288@news1.epix.net>, "Tri Nguyen]"
<tringuyens@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello. I have Honda Accord 94 ex 200,000 miles on it. :-) . I don't what's
> wrong; the gas ran out a little bit quickly. Thanks


You need to fill up the tank and test your mpg. After you do that, repost
and we will tell you if you have a problem. I once had a 93 Honda Accord
(4 cyld) and my gas mileage was usually about 21 miles per gallon (regular
gas)(tested during trips). If you drive mainly in the city--it will
probably be about 17 to 19 miles per gallon. If anyone has a Honda Accord
94--please post and tell us your figures related to mpg.

--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
We respect those subscribers that ask for advice or provide advice.
We do NOT respect the subscribers that enjoy criticizing people.



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 24 Jul 2004, 03:44 pm
Scott
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: My car uses gas quickly....

On my 94 I tend to get 23 mpg around town and around 27mpg on highway. It
should be noted that the gas gauge on that year of accord is terribly
inaccurate and mine for the most part is off by about 1/8th of a tank on
average. It can read right on empty and when I refill the tank it takes a
lot less gas than actually needed to fill the entire tank if it was truly
empty. There is a TSB regarding the fuel sending unit regarding to much
electrical resistance in the unit and I've read of other 94 Accord owners
having inacurate gas tank readings as well. So this may be your problem.

"Jason" <Jason@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:Jason-2407041319090001@pm4-broad-5.snlo.dialup.fix.net...
> In article <xW9Mc.4723$17.1032288@news1.epix.net>, "Tri Nguyen]"
> <tringuyens@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello. I have Honda Accord 94 ex 200,000 miles on it. :-) . I don't

what's
> > wrong; the gas ran out a little bit quickly. Thanks

>
> You need to fill up the tank and test your mpg. After you do that, repost
> and we will tell you if you have a problem. I once had a 93 Honda Accord
> (4 cyld) and my gas mileage was usually about 21 miles per gallon (regular
> gas)(tested during trips). If you drive mainly in the city--it will
> probably be about 17 to 19 miles per gallon. If anyone has a Honda Accord
> 94--please post and tell us your figures related to mpg.
>
> --
> NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
> We respect those subscribers that ask for advice or provide advice.
> We do NOT respect the subscribers that enjoy criticizing people.
>
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 26 Jul 2004, 09:32 pm
Chip Stein
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: My car uses gas quickly....

"Scott" <sman@nrtco.net> wrote in message news:<OTzMc.20030$Fj.998371@news20.bellglobal.com> ...
> On my 94 I tend to get 23 mpg around town and around 27mpg on highway. It
> should be noted that the gas gauge on that year of accord is terribly
> inaccurate and mine for the most part is off by about 1/8th of a tank on
> average. It can read right on empty and when I refill the tank it takes a
> lot less gas than actually needed to fill the entire tank if it was truly
> empty. There is a TSB regarding the fuel sending unit regarding to much
> electrical resistance in the unit and I've read of other 94 Accord owners
> having inacurate gas tank readings as well. So this may be your problem.
>
>


if you are using your guage instead of actual fill up amounts, and
mileage between. then you are not even close to figuring this out,
gauges are never a reliable way to check mileage!
Chip
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 27 Jul 2004, 11:13 am
Scott
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: My car uses gas quickly....

I know. How would you even be able to figure out mileage with the gauge?
You'd need to know the volume of gas you've used (litres or gallons) from
between two fill ups and your distance travelled. The gauge doesn't supply
you with any numbers at all.

"Chip Stein" <chip@chipanddebby.com> wrote in message
news:5ddcea74.0407261832.1b6ba1da@posting.google.c om...
> "Scott" <sman@nrtco.net> wrote in message

news:<OTzMc.20030$Fj.998371@news20.bellglobal.com> ...
> > On my 94 I tend to get 23 mpg around town and around 27mpg on highway.

It
> > should be noted that the gas gauge on that year of accord is terribly
> > inaccurate and mine for the most part is off by about 1/8th of a tank on
> > average. It can read right on empty and when I refill the tank it takes

a
> > lot less gas than actually needed to fill the entire tank if it was

truly
> > empty. There is a TSB regarding the fuel sending unit regarding to much
> > electrical resistance in the unit and I've read of other 94 Accord

owners
> > having inacurate gas tank readings as well. So this may be your problem.
> >
> >

>
> if you are using your guage instead of actual fill up amounts, and
> mileage between. then you are not even close to figuring this out,
> gauges are never a reliable way to check mileage!
> Chip



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Search for new honda ends rather quickly. Elliot Richmond Honda 2 12 08 Jul 2007 02:20 am
1997 civic very dirty oil very quickly runsrealfast Honda 2 10 24 Jun 2006 05:59 pm
Civic '90 battery drain quickly bin yan Honda 2 8 03 Dec 2004 09:51 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.