Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 14 Jul 2004, 04:50 am
Patrick Bateman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Did i get a good price on my '04 Accord LX V6?

I just purchased a 2004 Accord LX V6 4-Door Automatic

MSRP incl. destination charge = $23,790.
Invoice incl. destination charge = $21,458
TMV incl. destination charge = $21,678

I was quoted $20,359 incl. destination charge over
the phone by the dealerships internet manager.

After Taxes, License, Registration...

I paid $22,562 and was out the door.

I did all my research online at edmunds and even read two books on car buying.
This is my first car and by my calculations i got a good deal.
I just want you's guyses opinions.

THANKS
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 14 Jul 2004, 05:27 am
Brian Smith
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Did i get a good price on my '04 Accord LX V6?


"Patrick Bateman" <in_nomine_satanas666@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:4183ec55.0407140050.111a1f96@posting.google.c om...
>
> I did all my research online at edmunds and even read two books on car

buying.
> This is my first car and by my calculations i got a good deal.
> I just want you's guyses opinions.


What really matters is, are you happy with the price you paid?

--
Brian

www.cakesbydarlene.ca

www.accesswave.ca/~orion


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 14 Jul 2004, 08:57 am
JXStern
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Did i get a good price on my '04 Accord LX V6?

On 14 Jul 2004 01:50:37 -0700, in_nomine_satanas666@yahoo.com (Patrick
Bateman) wrote:
>I just purchased a 2004 Accord LX V6 4-Door Automatic
>
>MSRP incl. destination charge = $23,790.
>Invoice incl. destination charge = $21,458
>TMV incl. destination charge = $21,678
>
>I was quoted $20,359 incl. destination charge over
>the phone by the dealerships internet manager.
>
>After Taxes, License, Registration...
>
>I paid $22,562 and was out the door.
>
>I did all my research online at edmunds and even read two books on car buying.
>This is my first car and by my calculations i got a good deal.
>I just want you's guyses opinions.


Out the door for under MSRP is generally good, and you did better.

But hey, no financing? Nice that you can toss $20k cash, but if you
want to get into advanced economics, next time check out leasing.

J.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 14 Jul 2004, 11:10 am
Patrick Bateman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Did i get a good price on my '04 Accord LX V6?

"Brian Smith" <Halifax@NovaScotia.Canada> wrote in message news:<l07Jc.25634$vO1.141515@nnrp1.uunet.ca>...
> "Patrick Bateman" <in_nomine_satanas666@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:4183ec55.0407140050.111a1f96@posting.google.c om...
> >
> > I did all my research online at edmunds and even read two books on car

> buying.
> > This is my first car and by my calculations i got a good deal.
> > I just want you's guyses opinions.

>
> What really matters is, are you happy with the price you paid?


That doesn't answer my question....
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 14 Jul 2004, 03:19 pm
Brian Smith
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Did i get a good price on my '04 Accord LX V6?


"Patrick Bateman" <in_nomine_satanas666@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:4183ec55.0407140710.3e88b6dc@posting.google.c om...
>
> That doesn't answer my question....


Okay. If I tell you that I don't think it was a good price and that I paid
xx number of dollars less than what you paid, is that going to make you feel
better or worse?

The bottom line is, if you're happy with what you paid, does it matter that
someone else, somewhere else in the world, got a better price?

--
Brian

www.cakesbydarlene.ca

www.accesswave.ca/~orion


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 14 Jul 2004, 10:39 pm
chibitul
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Did i get a good price on my '04 Accord LX V6?

In article <YGfJc.25796$vO1.143073@nnrp1.uunet.ca>,
"Brian Smith" <Halifax@NovaScotia.Canada> wrote:

> "Patrick Bateman" <in_nomine_satanas666@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:4183ec55.0407140710.3e88b6dc@posting.google.c om...
> >
> > That doesn't answer my question....

>
> Okay. If I tell you that I don't think it was a good price and that I paid
> xx number of dollars less than what you paid, is that going to make you feel
> better or worse?
>
> The bottom line is, if you're happy with what you paid, does it matter that
> someone else, somewhere else in the world, got a better price?


you are correct. the original poster though was looking for some
comfort, so why not just say "hey, you got an awesome deal". there is no
way he can return the car (you can return most think but not cars, am I
right?) and I doubt the dealer will give him a price adjustment after
the purchase. so why not tell him that he got a good deal? this is what
he wants to hear after all.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 14 Jul 2004, 10:50 pm
Caroline
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Did i get a good price on my '04 Accord LX V6?

"chibitul" <chibitul@eudoramail.com> wrote
> "Brian Smith" <Halifax@NovaScotia.Canada> wrote:
> > "Patrick Bateman" <in_nomine_satanas666@yahoo.com> wrote
> > > That doesn't answer my question....

> >
> > Okay. If I tell you that I don't think it was a good price and that I paid
> > xx number of dollars less than what you paid, is that going to make you feel
> > better or worse?
> >
> > The bottom line is, if you're happy with what you paid, does it matter that
> > someone else, somewhere else in the world, got a better price?

>
> you are correct. the original poster though was looking for some
> comfort, so why not just say "hey, you got an awesome deal". there is no
> way he can return the car (you can return most think but not cars, am I
> right?) and I doubt the dealer will give him a price adjustment after
> the purchase. so why not tell him that he got a good deal? this is what
> he wants to hear after all.


I think it's just as likely he's trying to build experience.

I've bought three cars in my life. I got shafted on one for sure, but I wouldn't
have known it unless I'd started asking around.

In short, I like to know whether I paid the market rate within some "reasonable"
margin or whether I overpaid. I'm not unhappy if I overpaid, but I do make a
mental note of what led to this and whether I might make a better decision in
the future.

Now there is such a thing as being obsessively perfectionist. Don't do that. Be
happy if you got a fair price, which IMO is in a range of values for a given
geographical location and car.


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 15 Jul 2004, 04:53 am
Patrick Bateman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Did i get a good price on my '04 Accord LX V6?

"Caroline" <caroline10027remove@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<EhmJc.8190$sV2.5028@newsread2.news.atl.earth link.net>...
> "chibitul" <chibitul@eudoramail.com> wrote
> > "Brian Smith" <Halifax@NovaScotia.Canada> wrote:
> > > "Patrick Bateman" <in_nomine_satanas666@yahoo.com> wrote
> > > > That doesn't answer my question....
> > >
> > > Okay. If I tell you that I don't think it was a good price and that I paid
> > > xx number of dollars less than what you paid, is that going to make you feel
> > > better or worse?
> > >
> > > The bottom line is, if you're happy with what you paid, does it matter that
> > > someone else, somewhere else in the world, got a better price?

> >
> > you are correct. the original poster though was looking for some
> > comfort, so why not just say "hey, you got an awesome deal". there is no
> > way he can return the car (you can return most think but not cars, am I
> > right?) and I doubt the dealer will give him a price adjustment after
> > the purchase. so why not tell him that he got a good deal? this is what
> > he wants to hear after all.

>
> I think it's just as likely he's trying to build experience.
>
> I've bought three cars in my life. I got shafted on one for sure, but I wouldn't
> have known it unless I'd started asking around.
>
> In short, I like to know whether I paid the market rate within some "reasonable"
> margin or whether I overpaid. I'm not unhappy if I overpaid, but I do make a
> mental note of what led to this and whether I might make a better decision in
> the future.
>
> Now there is such a thing as being obsessively perfectionist. Don't do that. Be
> happy if you got a fair price, which IMO is in a range of values for a given
> geographical location and car.


All I asked was a simple question. Nothing too outrageous I thought.
Like you said, all I'm looking for is to know if I did well on this
deal so I can apply that to my next purchase perhaps when I trade in
this one in a few years. As far as financing goes, I actually got
financed online by CapOne with an exceptional rate for someone with
the minimal credit history that I have. But to get back to the topic
all I wanted to know is if I got the car from the dealer at a decent
price. I thought this board was for people to exchange information
not to psychoanalyse the reasons why these messages get posted. If
you find my question inappropriate for some reason move on to the next
post. I was excited about my purchase and thats bassically it, if
that's a sin then shoot yerself.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 15 Jul 2004, 05:56 am
Brian Smith
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Did i get a good price on my '04 Accord LX V6?


"Patrick Bateman" <in_nomine_satanas666@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:4183ec55.0407150053.165a4026@posting.google.c om...
>
> All I asked was a simple question. Nothing too outrageous I thought.
> Like you said, all I'm looking for is to know if I did well on this
> deal so I can apply that to my next purchase perhaps when I trade in
> this one in a few years. As far as financing goes, I actually got
> financed online by CapOne with an exceptional rate for someone with
> the minimal credit history that I have. But to get back to the topic
> all I wanted to know is if I got the car from the dealer at a decent
> price. I thought this board was for people to exchange information
> not to psychoanalyse the reasons why these messages get posted. If
> you find my question inappropriate for some reason move on to the next
> post. I was excited about my purchase and thats bassically it, if
> that's a sin then shoot yerself.


All I asked was a simple question. You haven't answered that question. I'm
not trying to give you a hard time, I was just trying to find out, if you
thought that you had gotten a fair shake.

As other people here stated it depends on your location on this planet, as
to whether you paid a fair price or were taken for a ride. Sometimes a
person only has to go 60 miles down the road to save a few hundred dollars,
so location is important.

--
Brian

www.cakesbydarlene.ca

www.accesswave.ca/~orion


Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 15 Jul 2004, 06:35 am
Jim
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Did i get a good price on my '04 Accord LX V6?

On 14 Jul 2004 01:50:37 -0700, in_nomine_satanas666@yahoo.com (Patrick
Bateman) wrote:

>I just purchased a 2004 Accord LX V6 4-Door Automatic
>
>MSRP incl. destination charge = $23,790.
>Invoice incl. destination charge = $21,458
>TMV incl. destination charge = $21,678
>
>I was quoted $20,359 incl. destination charge over
>the phone by the dealerships internet manager.
>
>After Taxes, License, Registration...
>
>I paid $22,562 and was out the door.
>
>I did all my research online at edmunds and even read two books on car buying.
>This is my first car and by my calculations i got a good deal.
>I just want you's guyses opinions.
>
>THANKS


I think you did based on my 2003 accord. Using your info, I think I
did equally as well last year for my accord (tho it doesn't matter
now).

And I agree with you that some here don't really like to answer your
type inquiry. Seems like people are very open about sharing info on
how much they paid for a repair or information about repairs but ask
them what they paid for a car or if your purchase price is good and
you rarely get real answers. I guess people are too sensitive about
what they paid for the car purchase and don't want to discuss it in
any way.

But to be fair tho, I do agree with some that regional area, timing,
add ons, etc.. can affect the purchase price so it can be hard to
compare.

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
this a good price for 06 Accord? Dr Nick Honda 3 19 23 Sep 2005 03:00 am
Buying 2005 Honda Accord EX V6 Sedan - Invoice price good? John W Honda 2 14 25 Jan 2005 01:45 am
Buying 2005 Honda Accord EX V6 Sedan - Invoice price good? John W Honda 3 13 20 Jan 2005 01:14 am
Is This A Good Price for TL Kryptoknight Acura 1 21 Apr 2004 01:12 pm
this a good price?? dirkson Honda 3 9 19 Oct 2003 05:14 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.