Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12 Jul 2004, 09:33 pm
Fuk of the Mountain
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default '99 Integra LS tranny problem?

I went shopping tonight for a car my kid can use at college.
I found a '99 Integra LS with 62K miles, body in good
condition, automatic, nice trick options... however, it jumps into
second and third gear with a jerk... which I take as not normal... but
I've never driven a Honda before... anyone know about this car? tia
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12 Jul 2004, 09:40 pm
E. Meyer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: '99 Integra LS tranny problem?

On 7/12/04 9:33 PM, in article r9i6f09826dfnjo4kdbmbdvttm4gncb222@4ax.com,
"Fuk of the Mountain" <klusterfuk@awww.fukit> wrote:

> I went shopping tonight for a car my kid can use at college.
> I found a '99 Integra LS with 62K miles, body in good
> condition, automatic, nice trick options... however, it jumps into
> second and third gear with a jerk... which I take as not normal... but
> I've never driven a Honda before... anyone know about this car? tia


Integras don't have the smoothest automatics, but it should be relatively
smooth. Sharp jerks are not normal. Pull the dipstick and smell/see the
fluid. Pink & not burnt smelling, its probably OK. Anything else, pass it
up. You say it has some other trick options. If the "tricks" are anything
beyond cosmetic, pass on it.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12 Jul 2004, 11:10 pm
Fuk of the Mountain
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: '99 Integra LS tranny problem?

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 02:40:24 GMT, "E. Meyer" <e52.meyer0SPAM@ieee.org>
wrote:

>On 7/12/04 9:33 PM, in article r9i6f09826dfnjo4kdbmbdvttm4gncb222@4ax.com,
>"Fuk of the Mountain" <klusterfuk@awww.fukit> wrote:
>
>> I went shopping tonight for a car my kid can use at college.
>> I found a '99 Integra LS with 62K miles, body in good
>> condition, automatic, nice trick options... however, it jumps into
>> second and third gear with a jerk... which I take as not normal... but
>> I've never driven a Honda before... anyone know about this car? tia

>
>Integras don't have the smoothest automatics, but it should be relatively
>smooth. Sharp jerks are not normal. Pull the dipstick and smell/see the
>fluid. Pink & not burnt smelling, its probably OK. Anything else, pass it
>up. You say it has some other trick options. If the "tricks" are anything
>beyond cosmetic, pass on it.



....much appreciated.... thnx
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 14 Jul 2004, 12:46 pm
motsco_ _
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: '99 Integra LS tranny problem?

Fuk of the Mountain wrote:
> I went shopping tonight for a car my kid can use at college.
> I found a '99 Integra LS with 62K miles, body in good
> condition, automatic, nice trick options... however, it jumps into
> second and third gear with a jerk... which I take as not normal... but
> I've never driven a Honda before... anyone know about this car? tia


====================

Any Honda automatic will change gears like a slamming door if the owner
has substituted non-Honda ATF. It might be a good sign, in a way . . .
at least they cared enough to change the tranny fluid. Three
drain-n-fills with Honda aTF will probably have it running like a clock.
A google/groups search will explain more.

'Curly'

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tranny 1990 integra ted5 Acura 5 16 Jun 2006 03:40 am
1991 Integra, Tranny noise? Jay Orcutt Acura 0 18 Feb 2005 11:38 am
99 Acura Integra Auto Tranny hard shifts Tony Thomas Honda 2 4 18 Aug 2004 10:57 am
99 Acura Integra Auto Tranny hard shifts Tony Thomas Acura 1 13 Aug 2004 06:17 pm
tranny going on a 93 integra, what to do? carl Honda 2 1 25 Jun 2003 12:03 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.