Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07 Jul 2004, 08:53 pm
Main Liner
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 98 civic headlights foggy..help please

I have a 98 civic with plastic headlights. They have become discolored and
have a film on them. Someone told me that they think they might be able to
be cleaned. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have a solution?
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

John


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08 Jul 2004, 08:31 am
Dan Beaton
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 98 civic headlights foggy..help please


Canbuilt Manufacturing (888 607-2926) carries a kit for re-newing plastics
such as headlights. The kit consists of gloves, lint free cloths, a
pre-cleaner to remove film and yellowing, a compound to remove cloudiness
and a UV sealer to protect the surface. The one-car kit costs C$49.95 +
C$7.00 shipping (if you buy it from them) or may be available from local
distributors such as NAPA.

I haven't tried it myself.

You might also try a wrecker for clearer replacements.
Dan

(This account is not used for email.)



"Main Liner" (lkitesplit1023@hotmail.com) writes:
> I have a 98 civic with plastic headlights. They have become discolored and
> have a film on them. Someone told me that they think they might be able to
> be cleaned. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have a solution?
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John
>
>


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08 Jul 2004, 09:28 am
Dave Kelsen
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 98 civic headlights foggy..help please

On 7/7/2004 8:53 PM Main Liner spake these words of knowledge:

> I have a 98 civic with plastic headlights. They have become discolored and
> have a film on them. Someone told me that they think they might be able to
> be cleaned. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have a solution?
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John


I haven't tried this myself, but my son told me that a particular
cleaner I used to use on my motorcycles (Nevr-Dull) worked well. It
would only cost you a few dollars to try it.


RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen
--
I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08 Jul 2004, 10:02 am
Main Liner
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 98 civic headlights foggy..help please

Thanks, do you know where I can pick some up?

John

"Dave Kelsen" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
news:gScHc.22158$uK.3142@twister.tampabay.rr.com.. .
> On 7/7/2004 8:53 PM Main Liner spake these words of knowledge:
>
> > I have a 98 civic with plastic headlights. They have become discolored

and
> > have a film on them. Someone told me that they think they might be able

to
> > be cleaned. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have a

solution?
> > Any help is appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > John

>
> I haven't tried this myself, but my son told me that a particular
> cleaner I used to use on my motorcycles (Nevr-Dull) worked well. It
> would only cost you a few dollars to try it.
>
>
> RFT!!!
> Dave Kelsen
> --
> I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08 Jul 2004, 04:03 pm
pcfabix
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 98 civic headlights foggy..help please

Funny I have this same problem on my 99 Civic I was thinking of ordering
this from Meguiers (I love there wax btw)
http://www.meguiars.com/store_meguia....cfm?sku=G-123


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08 Jul 2004, 04:09 pm
Main Liner
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 98 civic headlights foggy..help please

Found this on EBAY. Has anyone tried it before?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33710

John


"pcfabix" <dennisw76@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:2f5728768b832e16b13e9f3d79708f13@localhost.ta lkaboutautos.com...
> Funny I have this same problem on my 99 Civic I was thinking of ordering
> this from Meguiers (I love there wax btw)
> http://www.meguiars.com/store_meguia....cfm?sku=G-123
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08 Jul 2004, 07:07 pm
pcfabix
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 98 civic headlights foggy..help please

I decided to check a few civics in my parkin lot when I got home, and I
noticed that all 3 of the civics have fogged head lights. One appears to
be a 95-96 and ther 2 appear to be 98-99 models. So I'm not sure if this a
design problem or if it is just an issue with the weather hear in Florida
:-/

Dennis

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 08 Jul 2004, 07:44 pm
lkitesplit
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 98 civic headlights foggy..help please

Changed my name from Main Liner to lkitesplit. Anyhow, I live in New Mexico
and have the problem here. So it must be a design flaw.

John

"pcfabix" <dennisw76 @ NoSpam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:2417ff8b8cc2a45d012b1c7bec994459@localhost.ta lkaboutautos.com...
> I decided to check a few civics in my parkin lot when I got home, and I
> noticed that all 3 of the civics have fogged head lights. One appears to
> be a 95-96 and ther 2 appear to be 98-99 models. So I'm not sure if this a
> design problem or if it is just an issue with the weather hear in Florida
> :-/
>
> Dennis
>



Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 09 Jul 2004, 09:49 am
Dave Kelsen
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 98 civic headlights foggy..help please

On 7/8/2004 10:02 AM Main Liner spake these words of knowledge:

> Thanks, do you know where I can pick some up?
>
> John
>
> "Dave Kelsen" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> news:gScHc.22158$uK.3142@twister.tampabay.rr.com.. .
>> On 7/7/2004 8:53 PM Main Liner spake these words of knowledge:
>>
>> > I have a 98 civic with plastic headlights. They have become discolored

> and
>> > have a film on them. Someone told me that they think they might be able

> to
>> > be cleaned. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have a

> solution?
>> > Any help is appreciated.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > John

>>
>> I haven't tried this myself, but my son told me that a particular
>> cleaner I used to use on my motorcycles (Nevr-Dull) worked well. It
>> would only cost you a few dollars to try it.


I have seen it in Wal-Mart, although when I used it on my bikes (it's
great for cleaning/shining chrome) I bought it in bike shops; it wasn't
in Wal-Mart then.

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen
--
"Now the trumpet summons us again - not as a call to arms, though arms
we need; not as a call to battle, though embattled we are; but a call to
bear the burden of a long twilight struggle, year in and year out,
'rejoicing in hope patient in tribulation', a struggle against the
common enemies of man: tyranny, poverty, disease and war itself." --
John F. Kennedy, 1960 inaugural speech
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
civic headlights Jeff Honda 3 1 08 Apr 2006 11:33 pm
2005 Accord: foggy windows (when rainy) Boris Honda 2 5 20 Oct 2005 10:00 pm
Foggy windows in snowy conditions GPN Honda 3 9 08 Jan 2005 01:42 pm
98 civic headlights...help please Main Liner Honda 1 6 29 Jul 2004 11:06 pm
Re: Foggy tail lights... Chris & Brandie Honda 2 1 02 Jul 2003 02:22 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.