Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06 Jul 2004, 09:36 pm
LBJGH
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Vibration @ 120km/h 04 Accord

My '04 I4-auto Accord had a wicked vibration at 80-100km/h until the dealer rebalanced the tires... now the vibration is at 100-120km/h (highway speeds).

I assume Honda dealers know how to balance tires so should I be looking for problems elsewhere?

The car has 500km's on it now... one week old



Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06 Jul 2004, 10:06 pm
Tony Hwang
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Vibration @ 120km/h 04 Accord

LBJGH wrote:

> My '04 I4-auto Accord had a wicked vibration at 80-100km/h until the
> dealer rebalanced the tires... now the vibration is at 100-120km/h
> (highway speeds).
>
> I assume Honda dealers know how to balance tires so should I be looking
> for problems elsewhere?
>
> The car has 500km's on it now... one week old
>
>
>
>

Hi,
Two things on tires, dynamic balancing and trueness. some tires are not
really round.
Tony

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06 Jul 2004, 10:23 pm
LBJGH
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Vibration @ 120km/h 04 Accord

I forgot to mention the dealer swapped new 15" aluminum rims for the stock
steel rims... I noticed a small read dot on the tire... wonder if that has
anything to do with balance...


"Tony Hwang" <dragon40@shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:ZMJGc.38768$P7.20434@pd7tw3no...
> LBJGH wrote:
>
> > My '04 I4-auto Accord had a wicked vibration at 80-100km/h until the
> > dealer rebalanced the tires... now the vibration is at 100-120km/h
> > (highway speeds).
> >
> > I assume Honda dealers know how to balance tires so should I be looking
> > for problems elsewhere?
> >
> > The car has 500km's on it now... one week old
> >
> >
> >
> >

> Hi,
> Two things on tires, dynamic balancing and trueness. some tires are not
> really round.
> Tony
>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07 Jul 2004, 09:07 pm
Dave Wolff
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Vibration @ 120km/h 04 Accord

Go to a TIRE STORE and have your tires computer balanced. Betcha' a buck,
if they do it right the vibration will be gone...

Dave

"LBJGH" <bite_mee@hotsnail.back> wrote in message
news:U0KGc.7$Wu41.3@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.roge rs.com...
> I forgot to mention the dealer swapped new 15" aluminum rims for the stock
> steel rims... I noticed a small read dot on the tire... wonder if that

has
> anything to do with balance...
>
>
> "Tony Hwang" <dragon40@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> news:ZMJGc.38768$P7.20434@pd7tw3no...
> > LBJGH wrote:
> >
> > > My '04 I4-auto Accord had a wicked vibration at 80-100km/h until the
> > > dealer rebalanced the tires... now the vibration is at 100-120km/h
> > > (highway speeds).
> > >
> > > I assume Honda dealers know how to balance tires so should I be

looking
> > > for problems elsewhere?
> > >
> > > The car has 500km's on it now... one week old
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >

> > Hi,
> > Two things on tires, dynamic balancing and trueness. some tires are not
> > really round.
> > Tony
> >

>
>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
vibration on acceleration, 90 accord Frank Boettcher Honda 3 0 22 Jun 2005 12:52 pm
**Civic shakes and turns left** (over 120km/h or 75mph) Jason Honda 2 10 02 Nov 2004 11:10 pm
**Civic shakes and turns left** (over 120km/h or 75mph) Jason Honda 3 10 02 Nov 2004 11:10 pm
Vibration @ 120km/h 04 Accord LBJGH Honda 3 11 11 Jul 2004 09:59 am
92 Accord Vibration Keith Honda 2 2 10 Jun 2004 01:33 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.