Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06 Jul 2004, 02:50 pm
Al C.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 2004 Civic EX air conditioner probl. in 2nd grear

Almost brand new Civic with automatic trans. When car is accelerating in
second gear, the air conditioner blows non-cool air. When it hits 3rd,the air
gets much cooler. Also ok in 1st and idle. Also, I think the air could be
colder when it IS cold... but that's another issue.

Is this "2nd gear, 'warm' air" a known issue with the 2004 Civic EX?

Thanks,

Al

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06 Jul 2004, 03:11 pm
Randolph
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2004 Civic EX air conditioner probl. in 2nd grear

On some cars the A/C is shut off during hard acceleration, don't know if
that is the case with your Civic.

"Al C." wrote:
>
> Almost brand new Civic with automatic trans. When car is accelerating in
> second gear, the air conditioner blows non-cool air. When it hits 3rd,the air
> gets much cooler. Also ok in 1st and idle. Also, I think the air could be
> colder when it IS cold... but that's another issue.
>
> Is this "2nd gear, 'warm' air" a known issue with the 2004 Civic EX?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Al

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06 Jul 2004, 03:23 pm
CaptainKrunch
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2004 Civic EX air conditioner probl. in 2nd grear

What is the relationship of the accelerator pedal to the floor when your car
is going through the gears?

Captainkrunch


"Al C." <no.spam.acanton@adams-blake.no.spam.com> wrote in message
news:10em0kb4ambr464@news20.forteinc.com...
> Almost brand new Civic with automatic trans. When car is accelerating in
> second gear, the air conditioner blows non-cool air. When it hits 3rd,the

air
> gets much cooler. Also ok in 1st and idle. Also, I think the air could be
> colder when it IS cold... but that's another issue.
>
> Is this "2nd gear, 'warm' air" a known issue with the 2004 Civic EX?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Al
>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06 Jul 2004, 04:22 pm
Al C.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2004 Civic EX air conditioner probl. in 2nd grear

I'm NOT doing jack-rabbit acceleration. I'm talking normal "from a stop light"
acceleration in traffic. I'm not flooring it out if that's what you mean. I
guess I should look at the tach and see at what rpm the air turns warm. I
know it's in second because it gets colder when it hits 3rd.

What's goin' on?

Al



CaptainKrunch wrote:

> What is the relationship of the accelerator pedal to the floor when your car
> is going through the gears?
>
> Captainkrunch
>
>
> "Al C." <no.spam.acanton@adams-blake.no.spam.com> wrote in message
> news:10em0kb4ambr464@news20.forteinc.com...
>> Almost brand new Civic with automatic trans. When car is accelerating in
>> second gear, the air conditioner blows non-cool air. When it hits 3rd,the

> air
>> gets much cooler. Also ok in 1st and idle. Also, I think the air could be
>> colder when it IS cold... but that's another issue.
>>
>> Is this "2nd gear, 'warm' air" a known issue with the 2004 Civic EX?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Al
>>


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06 Jul 2004, 05:19 pm
CaptainKrunch
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2004 Civic EX air conditioner probl. in 2nd grear

That is an odd thing to have happen. I would call the dealer and tell them
about it. Perhaps they have a good explanation.

CaptainKrunch


"Al C." <no.spam.acanton@adams-blake.no.spam.com> wrote in message
news:10em60it63sndc2@news20.forteinc.com...
> I'm NOT doing jack-rabbit acceleration. I'm talking normal "from a stop

light"
> acceleration in traffic. I'm not flooring it out if that's what you mean.

I
> guess I should look at the tach and see at what rpm the air turns warm. I
> know it's in second because it gets colder when it hits 3rd.
>
> What's goin' on?
>
> Al
>
>
>
> CaptainKrunch wrote:
>
> > What is the relationship of the accelerator pedal to the floor when your

car
> > is going through the gears?
> >
> > Captainkrunch
> >
> >
> > "Al C." <no.spam.acanton@adams-blake.no.spam.com> wrote in message
> > news:10em0kb4ambr464@news20.forteinc.com...
> >> Almost brand new Civic with automatic trans. When car is accelerating

in
> >> second gear, the air conditioner blows non-cool air. When it hits

3rd,the
> > air
> >> gets much cooler. Also ok in 1st and idle. Also, I think the air could

be
> >> colder when it IS cold... but that's another issue.
> >>
> >> Is this "2nd gear, 'warm' air" a known issue with the 2004 Civic EX?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Al
> >>

>



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06 Jul 2004, 06:18 pm
Woody
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2004 Civic EX air conditioner probl. in 2nd grear

It isn't really. Most cars will drop the compressor at high rpm. If he is in
second long enough to feel the air to warm up he is dogging it too long.

"CaptainKrunch" <nobody@nothing.com> wrote in message
news:3JKdnT_6Mbrbu3bdRVn-jw@comcast.com...
> That is an odd thing to have happen. I would call the dealer and tell

them
> about it. Perhaps they have a good explanation.
>
> CaptainKrunch
>
>
> "Al C." <no.spam.acanton@adams-blake.no.spam.com> wrote in message
> news:10em60it63sndc2@news20.forteinc.com...
> > I'm NOT doing jack-rabbit acceleration. I'm talking normal "from a stop

> light"
> > acceleration in traffic. I'm not flooring it out if that's what you

mean.
> I
> > guess I should look at the tach and see at what rpm the air turns warm.

I
> > know it's in second because it gets colder when it hits 3rd.
> >
> > What's goin' on?
> >
> > Al
> >
> >
> >
> > CaptainKrunch wrote:
> >
> > > What is the relationship of the accelerator pedal to the floor when

your
> car
> > > is going through the gears?
> > >
> > > Captainkrunch
> > >
> > >
> > > "Al C." <no.spam.acanton@adams-blake.no.spam.com> wrote in message
> > > news:10em0kb4ambr464@news20.forteinc.com...
> > >> Almost brand new Civic with automatic trans. When car is accelerating

> in
> > >> second gear, the air conditioner blows non-cool air. When it hits

> 3rd,the
> > > air
> > >> gets much cooler. Also ok in 1st and idle. Also, I think the air

could
> be
> > >> colder when it IS cold... but that's another issue.
> > >>
> > >> Is this "2nd gear, 'warm' air" a known issue with the 2004 Civic EX?
> > >>
> > >> Thanks,
> > >>
> > >> Al
> > >>

> >

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07 Jul 2004, 02:00 pm
Al C.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2004 Civic EX air conditioner probl. in 2nd grear

I called the service dept. at the dealer I bought the vehicle from (car only
has 2500 miles!) He says this is normal for the Civic... that there is a
sensor that will turn off the compressor if the engine needs the power.

Do you think they are blowing smoke at me? I had a 1990 4 cyl. Honda Accord EX
for 14 years before this new Civic and never noticed the AC change from cold
to "regular" air and than back again while driving. Comments?

Al



Woody wrote:

> It isn't really. Most cars will drop the compressor at high rpm. If he is in
> second long enough to feel the air to warm up he is dogging it too long.
>
> "CaptainKrunch" <nobody@nothing.com> wrote in message
> news:3JKdnT_6Mbrbu3bdRVn-jw@comcast.com...
>> That is an odd thing to have happen. I would call the dealer and tell

> them
>> about it. Perhaps they have a good explanation.
>>
>> CaptainKrunch
>>
>>
>> "Al C." <no.spam.acanton@adams-blake.no.spam.com> wrote in message
>> news:10em60it63sndc2@news20.forteinc.com...
>> > I'm NOT doing jack-rabbit acceleration. I'm talking normal "from a stop

>> light"
>> > acceleration in traffic. I'm not flooring it out if that's what you

> mean.
>> I
>> > guess I should look at the tach and see at what rpm the air turns warm.

> I
>> > know it's in second because it gets colder when it hits 3rd.
>> >
>> > What's goin' on?
>> >
>> > Al
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > CaptainKrunch wrote:
>> >
>> > > What is the relationship of the accelerator pedal to the floor when

> your
>> car
>> > > is going through the gears?
>> > >
>> > > Captainkrunch
>> > >
>> > >
>> > > "Al C." <no.spam.acanton@adams-blake.no.spam.com> wrote in message
>> > > news:10em0kb4ambr464@news20.forteinc.com...
>> > >> Almost brand new Civic with automatic trans. When car is accelerating

>> in
>> > >> second gear, the air conditioner blows non-cool air. When it hits

>> 3rd,the
>> > > air
>> > >> gets much cooler. Also ok in 1st and idle. Also, I think the air

> could
>> be
>> > >> colder when it IS cold... but that's another issue.
>> > >>
>> > >> Is this "2nd gear, 'warm' air" a known issue with the 2004 Civic EX?
>> > >>
>> > >> Thanks,
>> > >>
>> > >> Al
>> > >>
>> >

>>
>>


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07 Jul 2004, 09:32 pm
Chip Stein
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2004 Civic EX air conditioner probl. in 2nd grear

"Al C." <no.spam.acanton@adams-blake.no.spam.com> wrote in message news:<10eoi1vd3l3d96@news20.forteinc.com>...
> I called the service dept. at the dealer I bought the vehicle from (car only
> has 2500 miles!) He says this is normal for the Civic... that there is a
> sensor that will turn off the compressor if the engine needs the power.
>
> Do you think they are blowing smoke at me? I had a 1990 4 cyl. Honda Accord EX
> for 14 years before this new Civic and never noticed the AC change from cold
> to "regular" air and than back again while driving. Comments?
>


it's called compressor cut, and is commanded by the ECU. it happens
at lower rpm than the older model. it's very noticable on the new
civics . It's also normal.
Chip
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 08 Jul 2004, 12:16 am
Al C.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2004 Civic EX air conditioner probl. in 2nd grear

Chip Stein wrote:

> "Al C." <no.spam.acanton@adams-blake.no.spam.com> wrote in message
> news:<10eoi1vd3l3d96@news20.forteinc.com>...
>> I called the service dept. at the dealer I bought the vehicle from (car
>> only has 2500 miles!) He says this is normal for the Civic... that there is
>> a sensor that will turn off the compressor if the engine needs the power.
>>
>> Do you think they are blowing smoke at me? I had a 1990 4 cyl. Honda Accord
>> EX for 14 years before this new Civic and never noticed the AC change from
>> cold to "regular" air and than back again while driving. Comments?
>>

>
> it's called compressor cut, and is commanded by the ECU. it happens
> at lower rpm than the older model. it's very noticable on the new
> civics . It's also normal.
> Chip


If I had known about this in advance I would not have purchased the car. Do
all new cars have compressor cut?

Al

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 08 Jul 2004, 12:23 am
Tony Hwang
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2004 Civic EX air conditioner probl. in 2nd grear

Al C. wrote:

> Chip Stein wrote:
>
>
>>"Al C." <no.spam.acanton@adams-blake.no.spam.com> wrote in message
>>news:<10eoi1vd3l3d96@news20.forteinc.com>...
>>
>>>I called the service dept. at the dealer I bought the vehicle from (car
>>>only has 2500 miles!) He says this is normal for the Civic... that there is
>>>a sensor that will turn off the compressor if the engine needs the power.
>>>
>>>Do you think they are blowing smoke at me? I had a 1990 4 cyl. Honda Accord
>>>EX for 14 years before this new Civic and never noticed the AC change from
>>>cold to "regular" air and than back again while driving. Comments?
>>>

>>
>> it's called compressor cut, and is commanded by the ECU. it happens
>>at lower rpm than the older model. it's very noticable on the new
>>civics . It's also normal.
>> Chip

>
>
> If I had known about this in advance I would not have purchased the car. Do
> all new cars have compressor cut?
>
> Al
>

Hi,
Old cars too. compressor cut off and rpm increase when ideling with a/c
on. It's one way of increasing CAFE as well.
Tony

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2006 Accord - Noise from manual grear box. google@clanlogan.info Honda 2 2 25 Mar 2007 08:34 pm
Honda Civic 91 Air Conditioner Help please! elmo Honda 3 0 12 Aug 2005 09:53 pm
Odd sound- '01 Civic air conditioner C Honda 3 3 14 Jul 2004 01:05 pm
1994 Honda Accord Speedometer probl (cont'd) Jerry Honda 2 3 24 Apr 2004 08:18 pm
98 Civic - Engine Problems - Due to air conditioner Neil Honda 3 3 16 Jul 2003 03:04 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.