Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 23 Jun 2004, 01:19 pm
DaveT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Dashboard color don't match interior

Hey guys,

My 92 Accord that I bought has tan interior (carpet, seats, etc.) but it
has a black dashboard. Was this common in that year, to not have same color
interior? My friend has a 91 Accord just like mine, but his has all brown
interior.

Dave


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 23 Jun 2004, 03:53 pm
N.E.Ohio Bob
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Dashboard color don't match interior

That's the way it was. Most noticeable on the tan interiors. My blue
one looks the best, in my humble........ bob

DaveT wrote:
>
> Hey guys,
>
> My 92 Accord that I bought has tan interior (carpet, seats, etc.) but it
> has a black dashboard. Was this common in that year, to not have same color
> interior? My friend has a 91 Accord just like mine, but his has all brown
> interior.
>
> Dave

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 23 Jun 2004, 04:41 pm
Eric
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Dashboard color don't match interior

DaveT wrote:
>
> Hey guys,
>
> My 92 Accord that I bought has tan interior (carpet, seats, etc.) but it
> has a black dashboard. Was this common in that year, to not have same
> color interior? My friend has a 91 Accord just like mine, but his has
> all brown interior.
>


I believe that Honda's goal with the black dashboard was to minimize the
amount of reflection that would occur on the windshield with lighter colors.

Eric
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 23 Jun 2004, 05:42 pm
Jason
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Dashboard color don't match interior

In article <oQjCc.2573$xs4.883@newssvr23.news.prodigy.com>, "DaveT"
<bgates@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> My 92 Accord that I bought has tan interior (carpet, seats, etc.) but it
> has a black dashboard. Was this common in that year, to not have same color
> interior? My friend has a 91 Accord just like mine, but his has all brown
> interior.
>
> Dave


One solution would be a professional dashboard cover. Make sure that it is
a darker color such as dark brown. I once purchased a light gray dash
board cover and it reflected in the window during the daylight hours. I
gave it to someone else and purchased one that was dark brown and it does
NOT reflect in the window during the daylight hours. I don't know why
companies sell light colored dashboard covers.

--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
We respect those subscribers that ask for advice or provide advice.
We do NOT respect the subscribers that enjoy criticizing people.



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 23 Jun 2004, 08:17 pm
JC
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Dashboard color don't match interior


"Jason" <Jason@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:Jason-2306041542150001@pm1-broad-72.snlo.dialup.fix.net...
> In article <oQjCc.2573$xs4.883@newssvr23.news.prodigy.com>, "DaveT"
> <bgates@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > Hey guys,
> >
> > My 92 Accord that I bought has tan interior (carpet, seats, etc.) but

it
> > has a black dashboard. Was this common in that year, to not have same

color
> > interior? My friend has a 91 Accord just like mine, but his has all

brown
> > interior.
> >
> > Dave

>
> One solution would be a professional dashboard cover. Make sure that it is
> a darker color such as dark brown. I once purchased a light gray dash
> board cover and it reflected in the window during the daylight hours. I
> gave it to someone else and purchased one that was dark brown and it does
> NOT reflect in the window during the daylight hours. I don't know why
> companies sell light colored dashboard covers.




Because people buy them. Simple supply and demand.


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 23 Jun 2004, 10:24 pm
DaveT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Dashboard color don't match interior

Whao, thanks guys!! The input really helped my worries about flooded or
accidented car.


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 24 Jun 2004, 06:45 am
JC
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Dashboard color don't match interior


"DaveT" <bgates@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:6QrCc.2650$_q.182@newssvr23.news.prodigy.com. ..
> Whao, thanks guys!! The input really helped my worries about flooded or
> accidented car.
>
>


Well, I really wasn't answering your question.....


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 28 Jun 2004, 01:14 am
V.H.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Dashboard color don't match interior

"DaveT" <bgates@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:6QrCc.2650$_q.182@newssvr23.news.prodigy.com. ..
> Whao, thanks guys!! The input really helped my worries about flooded or
> accidented car.


This practice is actually fairly common across brand nameplates. Lexus did
this same thing with the tan colored interiors of their IS300 sports sedan.
The dashboard is black, but the carpet, upholstery, etc. is tan. I'm not too
crazy about this type of interior coordination in any make of car, but it
doesn't look all that bad. If I found a good deal on a used car that had
this type of interior combination, I could easily look over it.

V.H.


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 29 Jun 2004, 06:22 pm
Ernest Cassirer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Dashboard color don't match interior



"V.H." <me@thecomputer.com> wrote in message
news:10dv30nq101pm18@corp.supernews.com...
> "DaveT" <bgates@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> news:6QrCc.2650$_q.182@newssvr23.news.prodigy.com. ..
> > Whao, thanks guys!! The input really helped my worries about flooded or
> > accidented car.

>
> This practice is actually fairly common across brand nameplates. Lexus did
> this same thing with the tan colored interiors of their IS300 sports

sedan.
> The dashboard is black, but the carpet, upholstery, etc. is tan. I'm not

too
> crazy about this type of interior coordination in any make of car, but it
> doesn't look all that bad. If I found a good deal on a used car that had
> this type of interior combination, I could easily look over it.
>
> V.H.


If you were tall enough you could look over it. Otherwise you'd probably
overlook it.
Sorry (not really), I just couldn't resist that smartass response.


Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 01 Jul 2004, 01:33 pm
V.H.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Dashboard color don't match interior

"Ernest Cassirer" <erncass@foxinternet.net> wrote in message
news:40e1fa01_4@newsfeed.slurp.net...
>
>
> "V.H." <me@thecomputer.com> wrote in message
> news:10dv30nq101pm18@corp.supernews.com...
> > "DaveT" <bgates@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> > news:6QrCc.2650$_q.182@newssvr23.news.prodigy.com. ..
> > > Whao, thanks guys!! The input really helped my worries about flooded

or
> > > accidented car.

> >
> > This practice is actually fairly common across brand nameplates. Lexus

did
> > this same thing with the tan colored interiors of their IS300 sports

> sedan.
> > The dashboard is black, but the carpet, upholstery, etc. is tan. I'm not

> too
> > crazy about this type of interior coordination in any make of car, but

it
> > doesn't look all that bad. If I found a good deal on a used car that had
> > this type of interior combination, I could easily look over it.
> >
> > V.H.

>
> If you were tall enough you could look over it. Otherwise you'd probably
> overlook it.
> Sorry (not really), I just couldn't resist that smartass response.


Dickheads of astronomical proportions CAN'T resist posting smartass
responses!

V.H.


Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Color issue Katnip Acura 6 15 Oct 2005 11:21 am
which interior color hides dirt better? Zen Cohen Honda 3 4 06 Aug 2005 04:27 pm
Color Opinions Frank Garvin Honda 3 10 03 Jun 2005 11:07 pm
2004 interior color RJ Honda 2 0 05 Apr 2005 09:27 am
1999 accord rear bumper match mark Honda 3 0 07 Aug 2003 06:01 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.