Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09 Jun 2004, 02:17 pm
Yifu
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 96 Honda Accord -- It stalks while brake is pressed at stop sign ...

A few days ago when I pressed the brake pedal at a stop sign or
traffic light, the car stopped. It could be restarted afterwards. This
problem occurred a few times. I wonder if somebody can give some clues
about what was the problem.

Thanks a lot.
Yifu
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09 Jun 2004, 02:54 pm
Artfulcodger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 96 Honda Accord -- It stalks while brake is pressed at stop sign ...


"Yifu" <yfge@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:f52902da.0406091117.7a19002@posting.google.co m...
> A few days ago when I pressed the brake pedal at a stop sign or
> traffic light, the car stopped. It could be restarted afterwards. This
> problem occurred a few times. I wonder if somebody can give some clues
> about what was the problem.
>
> Thanks a lot.
> Yifu


What's the problem? Cars are supposed to stop when you depress the brake
pedal. It's a really good idea to do that too.
Mike


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09 Jun 2004, 06:35 pm
Cosmin N.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 96 Honda Accord -- It stalks while brake is pressed at stop sign...

Artfulcodger wrote:
> "Yifu" <yfge@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:f52902da.0406091117.7a19002@posting.google.co m...
>
>>A few days ago when I pressed the brake pedal at a stop sign or
>>traffic light, the car stopped. It could be restarted afterwards. This
>>problem occurred a few times. I wonder if somebody can give some clues
>>about what was the problem.
>>
>>Thanks a lot.
>>Yifu

>
>
> What's the problem? Cars are supposed to stop when you depress the brake
> pedal. It's a really good idea to do that too.
> Mike
>
>


I believe he meant stall, not "stalk", if you'd read the subject you
would have realised it too. And I don't think a stalling car is a good
ideea no matter how you look at it.

Unfortunately, I don't know what is the problem.

Cosmin
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10 Jun 2004, 12:15 am
Randolph
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 96 Honda Accord -- It stalks while brake is pressed at stop sign ...

If your vacuum brake booster is faulty, it could let excess air into the
intake manifold. If you get too much air, the air/fuel mixture could get
so lean that the engine will stall.

Under normal operation the fuel injection system will measure (directly,
or, for most Hondas, indirectly) the amount of air entering and adjust
the fuel supply to match. When you are not stepping on the gas, the FI
system detects "closed throttle" and may not add sufficient fuel to
maintain idle when you have an air leak.

Yifu wrote:
>
> A few days ago when I pressed the brake pedal at a stop sign or
> traffic light, the car stopped. It could be restarted afterwards. This
> problem occurred a few times. I wonder if somebody can give some clues
> about what was the problem.
>
> Thanks a lot.
> Yifu

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10 Jun 2004, 04:46 pm
Jehu
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 96 Honda Accord -- It stalks while brake is pressed at stop sign ...

Sometimes when I press the break and come to a stop my RPMs drop down to
like 200 or 300 rpm. Not a stall but almost.... maybe the same type of
prob. If i figure it out I will let you know.

"Cosmin N." <no@email.com> wrote in message
news:49Nxc.71149$bVw1.64834@news01.bloor.is.net.ca ble.rogers.com...
> Artfulcodger wrote:
> > "Yifu" <yfge@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > news:f52902da.0406091117.7a19002@posting.google.co m...
> >
> >>A few days ago when I pressed the brake pedal at a stop sign or
> >>traffic light, the car stopped. It could be restarted afterwards. This
> >>problem occurred a few times. I wonder if somebody can give some clues
> >>about what was the problem.
> >>
> >>Thanks a lot.
> >>Yifu

> >
> >
> > What's the problem? Cars are supposed to stop when you depress the brake
> > pedal. It's a really good idea to do that too.
> > Mike
> >
> >

>
> I believe he meant stall, not "stalk", if you'd read the subject you
> would have realised it too. And I don't think a stalling car is a good
> ideea no matter how you look at it.
>
> Unfortunately, I don't know what is the problem.
>
> Cosmin



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
87 honda accord cutting off when you stop kalley Honda 2 2 06 Nov 2006 11:13 pm
I am a Honda Accord EX man. But my 1991 Honda that I just bought shakes a bit at the stop light HondaAccordManEX Honda 3 11 16 Aug 2004 10:01 pm
1990 Honda Accord horn won't stop tooting wayne Honda 3 1 27 Nov 2003 08:36 pm
Brake lamp light (STOP fighting) parkbox@REMOVETHIShotmail.com Honda 3 8 15 Oct 2003 07:04 am
Honda Accord 89 on fire... how to stop it. Ricky Spartacus Honda 3 3 04 Oct 2003 06:57 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.