Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 19 Aug 2009, 01:46 am
Stan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Oil consumption

I have a 2000 Honda Civic with 236,000 km. I'm going thru about a litre of
oil every 1000 km. There is no smoke coming from the exhaust and no oil
drips on the ground. Went to a dealer who told me that consumption is normal
for that many km. I find this hard to believe as my 91 Honda had 330,000 km
and only went thru a litre every 2500km. If the engine was burning the oil,
would smoke not be visible out the pipes.
Where is my oil going?


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 20 Aug 2009, 12:17 am
Dave D
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Oil consumption


"Stan" <sderegowski@shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:_W0jm.149879$FP2.96436@newsfe05.iad...
>I have a 2000 Honda Civic with 236,000 km. I'm going thru about a litre of
>oil every 1000 km. There is no smoke coming from the exhaust and no oil
>drips on the ground. Went to a dealer who told me that consumption is
>normal for that many km. I find this hard to believe as my 91 Honda had
>330,000 km and only went thru a litre every 2500km. If the engine was
>burning the oil, would smoke not be visible out the pipes.
> Where is my oil going?


Have you checked your coolant lately????

DaveD
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 21 Aug 2009, 12:16 am
Stan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Oil consumption

Coolant is good. What a odd question.

"Dave D" <dtdodson@acsalaska.net> wrote in message
news:4a8cdc4f$1@news.acsalaska.net...
>
> "Stan" <sderegowski@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> news:_W0jm.149879$FP2.96436@newsfe05.iad...
>>I have a 2000 Honda Civic with 236,000 km. I'm going thru about a litre of
>>oil every 1000 km. There is no smoke coming from the exhaust and no oil
>>drips on the ground. Went to a dealer who told me that consumption is
>>normal for that many km. I find this hard to believe as my 91 Honda had
>>330,000 km and only went thru a litre every 2500km. If the engine was
>>burning the oil, would smoke not be visible out the pipes.
>> Where is my oil going?

>
> Have you checked your coolant lately????
>
> DaveD
>>
>>

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 21 Aug 2009, 01:46 am
Dave D
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Oil consumption


"Stan" <sderegowski@shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:Ejqjm.125622$8l4.21422@newsfe10.iad...
> Coolant is good. What a odd question.


Not so odd if you open the rad and find oil swimming in your coolant!!!!!
Then you know where your oil is going!!!!!

DaveD
>
> "Dave D" <dtdodson@acsalaska.net> wrote in message
> news:4a8cdc4f$1@news.acsalaska.net...
>>
>> "Stan" <sderegowski@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>> news:_W0jm.149879$FP2.96436@newsfe05.iad...
>>>I have a 2000 Honda Civic with 236,000 km. I'm going thru about a litre
>>>of oil every 1000 km. There is no smoke coming from the exhaust and no
>>>oil drips on the ground. Went to a dealer who told me that consumption is
>>>normal for that many km. I find this hard to believe as my 91 Honda had
>>>330,000 km and only went thru a litre every 2500km. If the engine was
>>>burning the oil, would smoke not be visible out the pipes.
>>> Where is my oil going?

>>
>> Have you checked your coolant lately????
>>
>> DaveD
>>>
>>>

>>
>>

>
>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2003 oil consumption Darryl Honda Technical 2 14 Aug 2008 05:29 am
oil consumption antman21043 Honda 2 8 19 Mar 2007 07:51 am
Civic oil consumption kennedy.pk@gmail.com Honda 3 7 12 Sep 2006 05:00 pm
Excessive gas consumption FC Acura 5 18 Feb 2006 12:43 pm
Fuel consumption nguyenn Acura 11 13 Sep 2004 04:26 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:08 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.