Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 31 Jul 2009, 07:33 pm
a
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Honda recall for certain 2001 and 2002 Accords, 2001 Civics and some2002 and 2003 model Acura TL sedans.

http://www.canada.com/business/Honda...884/story.html
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 31 Jul 2009, 11:44 pm
Seth
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Honda recall for certain 2001 and 2002 Accords, 2001 Civics and some 2002 and 2003 model Acura TL sedans.

"a" <a@thisisnotmyrealemail.com> wrote in message
news:L3Mcm.39015$PH1.25209@edtnps82...
> http://www.canada.com/business/Honda...884/story.html



Mine wasn't included before but is now.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01 Aug 2009, 07:07 am
a
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Honda recall for certain 2001 and 2002 Accords, 2001 Civics andsome 2002 and 2003 model Acura TL sedans.

Seth wrote:
> "a" <a@thisisnotmyrealemail.com> wrote in message
> news:L3Mcm.39015$PH1.25209@edtnps82...
>> http://www.canada.com/business/Honda...884/story.html
>>

>
>
> Mine wasn't included before but is now.
>


Where did you check your VIN?

a
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01 Aug 2009, 07:58 am
Stewart
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Honda recall for certain 2001 and 2002 Accords, 2001 Civics and some 2002 and 2003 model Acura TL sedans.


"a" <a@thisisnotmyrealemail.com> wrote in message
news:JdWcm.37294$Db2.11234@edtnps83...
> Seth wrote:
>> "a" <a@thisisnotmyrealemail.com> wrote in message
>> news:L3Mcm.39015$PH1.25209@edtnps82...
>>> http://www.canada.com/business/Honda...884/story.html
>>>

>>
>>
>> Mine wasn't included before but is now.
>>

>
> Where did you check your VIN?
>
> a


The article has a website and a phone number listed to check you VIN.


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01 Aug 2009, 11:43 am
a
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Honda recall for certain 2001 and 2002 Accords, 2001 Civics andsome 2002 and 2003 model Acura TL sedans.

Stewart wrote:
> "a" <a@thisisnotmyrealemail.com> wrote in message
> news:JdWcm.37294$Db2.11234@edtnps83...
>> Seth wrote:
>>> "a" <a@thisisnotmyrealemail.com> wrote in message
>>> news:L3Mcm.39015$PH1.25209@edtnps82...
>>>> http://www.canada.com/business/Honda...884/story.html
>>>>
>>>
>>> Mine wasn't included before but is now.
>>>

>> Where did you check your VIN?
>>
>> a

>
> The article has a website and a phone number listed to check you VIN.
>
>


I saw that, but the US ownerlink only accepts US VINs - I was hoping Seth
found somewhere else... I want to see if my Accord is one of the 50,000
Canadian cars recalled. Honda Canada doesn't have a VIN check.

a
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01 Aug 2009, 11:55 am
Brian Smith
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Honda recall for certain 2001 and 2002 Accords, 2001 Civics andsome 2002 and 2003 model Acura TL sedans.

a wrote:
>
> I saw that, but the US ownerlink only accepts US VINs - I was hoping Seth
> found somewhere else... I want to see if my Accord is one of the 50,000
> Canadian cars recalled. Honda Canada doesn't have a VIN check.


I went looking for a Canadian link as well, but couldn't find anything.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 01 Aug 2009, 10:31 pm
Seth
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Honda recall for certain 2001 and 2002 Accords, 2001 Civics and some 2002 and 2003 model Acura TL sedans.

"a" <a@thisisnotmyrealemail.com> wrote in message
news:4h_cm.39071$PH1.29097@edtnps82...
> Stewart wrote:
>> "a" <a@thisisnotmyrealemail.com> wrote in message
>> news:JdWcm.37294$Db2.11234@edtnps83...
>>> Seth wrote:
>>>> "a" <a@thisisnotmyrealemail.com> wrote in message
>>>> news:L3Mcm.39015$PH1.25209@edtnps82...
>>>>> http://www.canada.com/business/Honda...884/story.html
>>>>
>>>> Mine wasn't included before but is now.
>>>>
>>> Where did you check your VIN?

>>
>> The article has a website and a phone number listed to check you VIN.

>
> I saw that, but the US ownerlink only accepts US VINs - I was hoping Seth
> found somewhere else... I want to see if my Accord is one of the 50,000
> Canadian cars recalled. Honda Canada doesn't have a VIN check.



I did it via the US based Owners Links that is where I'm located. The
article was from a Canadian source, the information contained wasn't
exclusive to Canada though.

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 01 Aug 2009, 11:06 pm
a
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Honda recall for certain 2001 and 2002 Accords, 2001 Civics andsome 2002 and 2003 model Acura TL sedans.

Seth wrote:
> "a" <a@thisisnotmyrealemail.com> wrote in message
> news:4h_cm.39071$PH1.29097@edtnps82...
>> Stewart wrote:
>>> "a" <a@thisisnotmyrealemail.com> wrote in message
>>> news:JdWcm.37294$Db2.11234@edtnps83...
>>>> Seth wrote:
>>>>> "a" <a@thisisnotmyrealemail.com> wrote in message
>>>>> news:L3Mcm.39015$PH1.25209@edtnps82...
>>>>>> http://www.canada.com/business/Honda...884/story.html
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Mine wasn't included before but is now.
>>>>>
>>>> Where did you check your VIN?
>>>
>>> The article has a website and a phone number listed to check you VIN.

>>
>> I saw that, but the US ownerlink only accepts US VINs - I was hoping Seth
>> found somewhere else... I want to see if my Accord is one of the 50,000
>> Canadian cars recalled. Honda Canada doesn't have a VIN check.

>
>
> I did it via the US based Owners Links that is where I'm located. The
> article was from a Canadian source, the information contained wasn't
> exclusive to Canada though.
>


I know - they gave a link to the US owners site - I was hoping you may have
checked your VIN somewhere else...

a
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 03 Aug 2009, 10:54 am
rick++
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Honda recall for certain 2001 and 2002 Accords, 2001 Civics andsome 2002 and 2003 model Acura TL sedans.

Honda recalls are so rare, they are newsworthy.

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 03 Aug 2009, 09:10 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Honda recall for certain 2001 and 2002 Accords, 2001 Civics and some 2002 and 2003 model Acura TL sedans.

a <a@thisisnotmyrealemail.com> wrote in
news:bh8dm.37331$Db2.17867@edtnps83:


>>

>
> I know - they gave a link to the US owners site - I was hoping you may
> have checked your VIN somewhere else...
>
> a




Go here:
https://www.myacura.acura.ca

Set up an account with Honda Canada there, with your VIN number. This site
is supposed to tell you if you have any outstanding recalls on your car.

If you do this, I'd like to know how it works. My own car has no recalls,
so I can't check the site's functionality for myself.


--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda civic si 2002, vs acura integra gs 1998 - 2001? hervens Honda Technical 2 26 May 2009 08:01 am
Do all 2001 to 2005 Honda civic sedans carry the same chassis/frame? mytek01 Honda Technical 3 29 Oct 2008 04:46 pm
2001 honda accord: transmission possible recall? jeremiah p Honda Technical 2 10 Oct 2007 04:42 pm
how much would a honda civic be, white, probably a 2001-2003 model??? ~*♥Ariah♥*~ Honda Technical 9 02 Sep 2007 10:54 am
why does my acura mdx model year 2001 turn off by itself? ptl_vshn Acura Technical 3 24 Aug 2007 03:54 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.