Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 24 May 2004, 09:05 am
aDiDaS85
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 92 Prelude Wheel Barring

I really need to change it, and mechanics/honda dealers want too much to
replace it. How can I go about changing it myself, and about how long would
it take?


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 25 May 2004, 12:09 am
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 92 Prelude Wheel Barring

front or rear?

rears you can do yourself ok, /if/ you know what you're doing and have a
good selection of socket wrenches that can double as presses.

fronts require special tools if you don't want to fubar the new bearing.
find an independent repair shop that knows what they're doing. much
cheaper. and use a decent quality bearing. cheapies go too fast.



aDiDaS85 wrote:
> I really need to change it, and mechanics/honda dealers want too much to
> replace it. How can I go about changing it myself, and about how long would
> it take?
>
>


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 25 May 2004, 01:10 am
aDiDaS85
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 92 Prelude Wheel Barring

There's a little shop that specializes in only Hondas and Acuras,so I
usually go to him, but he wants $210 for the job($90 barring, $120 labor).
It's the rear passenger side wheel barring. I've got a whole set of socket
wrenches and such for working on the car. I try and do most of my work
myself, but I have no clue how to do this.

"jim beam" <uce@ftc.gov> wrote in message
news:dyAsc.72681$DV5.71596@newssvr25.news.prodigy. com...
> front or rear?
>
> rears you can do yourself ok, /if/ you know what you're doing and have a
> good selection of socket wrenches that can double as presses.
>
> fronts require special tools if you don't want to fubar the new bearing.
> find an independent repair shop that knows what they're doing. much
> cheaper. and use a decent quality bearing. cheapies go too fast.
>
>
>
> aDiDaS85 wrote:
> > I really need to change it, and mechanics/honda dealers want too much to
> > replace it. How can I go about changing it myself, and about how long

would
> > it take?
> >
> >

>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 25 May 2004, 09:13 am
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 92 Prelude Wheel Barring

cheapest easiest method is a new hub assembly from a junk yard. will
come with bearings. it's cheap, & a /lot/ less pita than changing the
bearing yourself.


aDiDaS85 wrote:
> There's a little shop that specializes in only Hondas and Acuras,so I
> usually go to him, but he wants $210 for the job($90 barring, $120 labor).
> It's the rear passenger side wheel barring. I've got a whole set of socket
> wrenches and such for working on the car. I try and do most of my work
> myself, but I have no clue how to do this.
>
> "jim beam" <uce@ftc.gov> wrote in message
> news:dyAsc.72681$DV5.71596@newssvr25.news.prodigy. com...
>
>>front or rear?
>>
>>rears you can do yourself ok, /if/ you know what you're doing and have a
>>good selection of socket wrenches that can double as presses.
>>
>>fronts require special tools if you don't want to fubar the new bearing.
>> find an independent repair shop that knows what they're doing. much
>>cheaper. and use a decent quality bearing. cheapies go too fast.
>>
>>
>>
>>aDiDaS85 wrote:
>>
>>>I really need to change it, and mechanics/honda dealers want too much to
>>>replace it. How can I go about changing it myself, and about how long

>
> would
>
>>>it take?
>>>
>>>

>>

>
>


Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wheel diameters for '89 Prelude? mike18xx@yahoo.com Honda 2 2 14 Jun 2006 10:07 am
Wheel diameters for '89 Prelude? mike18xx@yahoo.com Honda 3 3 14 Jun 2006 10:07 am
Prelude wheel bearings Kurt Harald Nedergaard Honda 2 7 03 Jul 2004 01:56 pm
civic ek9 wheel on a 4th gen prelude? scott v. Honda 3 1 01 Feb 2004 08:50 pm
steering wheel is shaking in my prelude Kevin Honda 3 4 24 Oct 2003 11:05 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:44 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.