Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 26 Jun 2009, 12:16 pm
Benjamin Bootstrap
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Why Accord over the Camry?


Dear Honda group members:

I am having a hard time trying to decide whether or not to buy a Camry
SE V6 or Accord EX-V6

Just want to know if you guys can offer any expert opinions on why
would you choose an Accord over the Camry?
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 26 Jun 2009, 09:51 pm
Elmo P. Shagnasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Why Accord over the Camry?

In article <9i0a45d00dvsccdbhqhpcnq17ep5b3r8bs@4ax.com>,
Benjamin Bootstrap <benjamin.bootstrap@verizon.net> wrote:

> Dear Honda group members:
>
> I am having a hard time trying to decide whether or not to buy a Camry
> SE V6 or Accord EX-V6
>
> Just want to know if you guys can offer any expert opinions on why
> would you choose an Accord over the Camry?


The big reason is that the Camry is a Japanese Buick, while the Accord
absolutely goes to the other end of the "sporty" spectrum.

There's nothing wrong with the Japanese Buick concept, if that's what
you like.

Down from that, the next reason would be your support mechanism. If you
have good Toyota support (you like your dealer, friends/family have all
had good experience with Toyota, you have a Toyota mechanic in the
family, you have a good independent Toyota mechanic nearby, whatever),
then get the Toyota. Likewise for Honda. Whatever you do, don't
underestimate your support structure.

Don't drive an extra 30 minutes out of your way to get one car over the
other, if it also means driving that extra 30 minutes to get
service/warranty support.

After that, start looking at silly stuff that turns out not to be so
silly. Consider the wife factor. Look at the controls. Listen to the
stereo. Unlock the trunk. Put the rear seats down. Whatever.

In the end, it just doesn't matter--you could toss a coin and be happy
with the winner.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 27 Jun 2009, 08:47 am
bad@bob.net
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Why Accord over the Camry?

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 13:16:21 -0400, Benjamin Bootstrap
<benjamin.bootstrap@verizon.net> wrote:

>
>Dear Honda group members:
>
>I am having a hard time trying to decide whether or not to buy a Camry
>SE V6 or Accord EX-V6
>
>Just want to know if you guys can offer any expert opinions on why
>would you choose an Accord over the Camry?



Don't know about current models.

A few years ago:

handling - Accord
sportiest - Accord
ride - Camry
noise level - Camry

Just my 2 cents.

Both fine cars

Have both Honda and Toyota in the garage.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 27 Jun 2009, 08:32 pm
Benjamin Bootstrap
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Why Accord over the Camry?

On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 08:47:19 -0500, bad@bob.net wrote:

>On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 13:16:21 -0400, Benjamin Bootstrap
><benjamin.bootstrap@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>>
>>Dear Honda group members:
>>
>>I am having a hard time trying to decide whether or not to buy a Camry
>>SE V6 or Accord EX-V6
>>
>>Just want to know if you guys can offer any expert opinions on why
>>would you choose an Accord over the Camry?

>
>
>Don't know about current models.
>
>A few years ago:
>
>handling - Accord
>sportiest - Accord
>ride - Camry
>noise level - Camry
>
>Just my 2 cents.
>
>Both fine cars
>
>Have both Honda and Toyota in the garage.


I must say I agree with the handling part. I can drive a Honda off
the highway ramp at 70 mph, and so far I can't do the same with any
other brand.

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 27 Jun 2009, 09:01 pm
JRStern
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Why Accord over the Camry?

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 22:51:21 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"
<elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

>In article <9i0a45d00dvsccdbhqhpcnq17ep5b3r8bs@4ax.com>,
> Benjamin Bootstrap <benjamin.bootstrap@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> Dear Honda group members:
>>
>> I am having a hard time trying to decide whether or not to buy a Camry
>> SE V6 or Accord EX-V6
>>
>> Just want to know if you guys can offer any expert opinions on why
>> would you choose an Accord over the Camry?

>
>The big reason is that the Camry is a Japanese Buick, while the Accord
>absolutely goes to the other end of the "sporty" spectrum.
>
>There's nothing wrong with the Japanese Buick concept, if that's what
>you like.
>
>Down from that, the next reason would be your support mechanism. If you
>have good Toyota support (you like your dealer, friends/family have all
>had good experience with Toyota, you have a Toyota mechanic in the
>family, you have a good independent Toyota mechanic nearby, whatever),
>then get the Toyota. Likewise for Honda. Whatever you do, don't
>underestimate your support structure.
>
>Don't drive an extra 30 minutes out of your way to get one car over the
>other, if it also means driving that extra 30 minutes to get
>service/warranty support.
>
>After that, start looking at silly stuff that turns out not to be so
>silly. Consider the wife factor. Look at the controls. Listen to the
>stereo. Unlock the trunk. Put the rear seats down. Whatever.


Color choice!

But at least on the Honda side, I'd really recommend the four
cylinder.


>
>In the end, it just doesn't matter--you could toss a coin and be happy
>with the winner.


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 27 Jun 2009, 10:58 pm
Elmo P. Shagnasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Why Accord over the Camry?

In article <amjd45tevb0kstvt5me34e18pcbne0pume@4ax.com>,
JRStern <JRStern@foobar.invalid> wrote:

> Color choice!
>
> But at least on the Honda side, I'd really recommend the four
> cylinder.


I'll always say, a four cylinder Honda with a manual transmission is a
bulletproof jewel of engineering and manufacturing.

Stick with what they know best, and that's the four bangers and manual
trans.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 28 Jun 2009, 11:06 am
JRStern
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Why Accord over the Camry?

On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 23:58:14 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"
<elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

>In article <amjd45tevb0kstvt5me34e18pcbne0pume@4ax.com>,
> JRStern <JRStern@foobar.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Color choice!
>>
>> But at least on the Honda side, I'd really recommend the four
>> cylinder.

>
>I'll always say, a four cylinder Honda with a manual transmission is a
>bulletproof jewel of engineering and manufacturing.
>
>Stick with what they know best, and that's the four bangers and manual
>trans.



Agreed. But, try to find a manual! My lease is up in November, maybe
I'd better schlepp over to the dealer now and order one. Though I've
been driving the automatics for a couple of trade-ins now, wonder if I
remember how to shift.

J.

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 28 Jun 2009, 12:06 pm
Elmo P. Shagnasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Why Accord over the Camry?

In article <u45f451tje7d3cc4magedergjo3qkekc03@4ax.com>,
JRStern <JRStern@foobar.invalid> wrote:

> >Stick with what they know best, and that's the four bangers and manual
> >trans.

>
>
> Agreed. But, try to find a manual!


Honda makes it fairly easy, even for certified used.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 28 Jun 2009, 12:09 pm
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Why Accord over the Camry?

Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:
> In article <amjd45tevb0kstvt5me34e18pcbne0pume@4ax.com>,
> JRStern <JRStern@foobar.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Color choice!
>>
>> But at least on the Honda side, I'd really recommend the four
>> cylinder.

>
> I'll always say, a four cylinder Honda with a manual transmission is a
> bulletproof jewel of engineering and manufacturing.
>
> Stick with what they know best, and that's the four bangers and manual
> trans.


their old auto transmissions on their 4-cylinders weren't bad either.
friends had an accord with 360k miles on original.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 28 Jun 2009, 12:11 pm
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Why Accord over the Camry?

Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:
> In article <9i0a45d00dvsccdbhqhpcnq17ep5b3r8bs@4ax.com>,
> Benjamin Bootstrap <benjamin.bootstrap@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> Dear Honda group members:
>>
>> I am having a hard time trying to decide whether or not to buy a Camry
>> SE V6 or Accord EX-V6
>>
>> Just want to know if you guys can offer any expert opinions on why
>> would you choose an Accord over the Camry?

>
> The big reason is that the Camry is a Japanese Buick, while the Accord
> absolutely goes to the other end of the "sporty" spectrum.


very good comparison.


>
> There's nothing wrong with the Japanese Buick concept, if that's what
> you like.
>
> Down from that, the next reason would be your support mechanism. If you
> have good Toyota support (you like your dealer, friends/family have all
> had good experience with Toyota, you have a Toyota mechanic in the
> family, you have a good independent Toyota mechanic nearby, whatever),
> then get the Toyota. Likewise for Honda. Whatever you do, don't
> underestimate your support structure.
>
> Don't drive an extra 30 minutes out of your way to get one car over the
> other, if it also means driving that extra 30 minutes to get
> service/warranty support.
>
> After that, start looking at silly stuff that turns out not to be so
> silly. Consider the wife factor. Look at the controls. Listen to the
> stereo. Unlock the trunk. Put the rear seats down. Whatever.
>
> In the end, it just doesn't matter--you could toss a coin and be happy
> with the winner.

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Camry or Accord? gorebet Honda Technical 12 27 Sep 2007 07:18 am
camry or accord deniboycutter Honda 2 4 06 Sep 2006 02:25 pm
Accord Or Camry ? Robert11 Honda 2 7 20 Jul 2005 10:43 am
Accord vs. Camry ? Henry Kolesnik Honda 2 25 10 Jun 2005 08:08 pm
Accord vs. Camry ? Henry Kolesnik Honda 3 33 07 Jun 2005 11:28 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.