Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 24 Apr 2004, 10:37 pm
Dave M.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default No Heat Idling

If anyone is willing to give me an idea about this, since it is not a
"Honda"... I have an Acura RSX-S with a heater problem.

I can let the engine warm-up to operating temperature (the temperature gauge
registers 1/3 deflecting as it always did)and I get no heat at the highest
temperature setting, manual or auto. When I drive off, I get lots of heat.

Is my water pump impeller damaged? My dealer says it could be a valve. The
coolant level is at the top.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dave M.



Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 24 Apr 2004, 11:20 pm
'Curly Q. Links'
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: No Heat Idling

"Dave M." wrote:
>
> If anyone is willing to give me an idea about this, since it is not a
> "Honda"... I have an Acura RSX-S with a heater problem.
>
> I can let the engine warm-up to operating temperature (the temperature gauge
> registers 1/3 deflecting as it always did)and I get no heat at the highest
> temperature setting, manual or auto. When I drive off, I get lots of heat.
>
> Is my water pump impeller damaged? My dealer says it could be a valve. The
> coolant level is at the top.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave M.


=============================

Dave,

We'd give it a poke if you told us the mileage, year, and service
history. Is the reservoir full to the line (in addition to the
radiator)? Have you ever used TAP WATER in the coolant? Was the water
pump changed with the last timing belt?

That kind of stuff...

Reply to group.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 24 Apr 2004, 11:39 pm
Dave M.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: No Heat Idling

The 2002 RSX-S has 25000 miles on it. The radiator is full. However, I have
to check the reservoir. Only OEM coolant has been used. None has been added.
The engine has not had any repairs as of yet.


"'Curly Q. Links'" <motsco__@interbaun.com> wrote in message
news:408B3CA0.7E9FCE07@interbaun.com...
> "Dave M." wrote:
> >
> > If anyone is willing to give me an idea about this, since it is not a
> > "Honda"... I have an Acura RSX-S with a heater problem.
> >
> > I can let the engine warm-up to operating temperature (the temperature

gauge
> > registers 1/3 deflecting as it always did)and I get no heat at the

highest
> > temperature setting, manual or auto. When I drive off, I get lots of

heat.
> >
> > Is my water pump impeller damaged? My dealer says it could be a valve.

The
> > coolant level is at the top.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Dave M.

>
> =============================
>
> Dave,
>
> We'd give it a poke if you told us the mileage, year, and service
> history. Is the reservoir full to the line (in addition to the
> radiator)? Have you ever used TAP WATER in the coolant? Was the water
> pump changed with the last timing belt?
>
> That kind of stuff...
>
> Reply to group.



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 25 Apr 2004, 10:28 am
Jason
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: No Heat Idling

In article <HnGic.2469$pE3.2459@news02.roc.ny>, "Dave M."
<gadget@frontiernet.net> wrote:

> If anyone is willing to give me an idea about this, since it is not a
> "Honda"... I have an Acura RSX-S with a heater problem.
>
> I can let the engine warm-up to operating temperature (the temperature gauge
> registers 1/3 deflecting as it always did)and I get no heat at the highest
> temperature setting, manual or auto. When I drive off, I get lots of heat.
>
> Is my water pump impeller damaged? My dealer says it could be a valve. The
> coolant level is at the top.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave M.


I agree that it is a valve problem. You should also open the hood while
the engine is running to see if you see any coolant coming from the water
pump or any hoses--especially the heater hoses.

Jason

--
We respect those subscribers that ask for advice or provide advice.
We do NOT respect the subscribers that enjoy criticizing people.



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 25 Apr 2004, 11:37 am
TecH
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: No Heat Idling

My 95 civic had the same problem...turns out it was a bad head gasket.
Good luck!
P.S.check your coolant if it goes down without any leaks it might be your
head gasket.
"Jason" <Jason@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:Jason-2504040828440001@pm5-broad-84.snlo.dialup.fix.net...
> In article <HnGic.2469$pE3.2459@news02.roc.ny>, "Dave M."
> <gadget@frontiernet.net> wrote:
>
> > If anyone is willing to give me an idea about this, since it is not a
> > "Honda"... I have an Acura RSX-S with a heater problem.
> >
> > I can let the engine warm-up to operating temperature (the temperature

gauge
> > registers 1/3 deflecting as it always did)and I get no heat at the

highest
> > temperature setting, manual or auto. When I drive off, I get lots of

heat.
> >
> > Is my water pump impeller damaged? My dealer says it could be a valve.

The
> > coolant level is at the top.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Dave M.

>
> I agree that it is a valve problem. You should also open the hood while
> the engine is running to see if you see any coolant coming from the water
> pump or any hoses--especially the heater hoses.
>
> Jason
>
> --
> We respect those subscribers that ask for advice or provide advice.
> We do NOT respect the subscribers that enjoy criticizing people.
>
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 25 Apr 2004, 01:06 pm
Fish
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: No Heat Idling

Just curious, does anyone agree that this issue might be cleared up by
installing a new thermostat?


"Dave M." <gadget@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
news:HnGic.2469$pE3.2459@news02.roc.ny...
> If anyone is willing to give me an idea about this, since it is not a
> "Honda"... I have an Acura RSX-S with a heater problem.
>
> I can let the engine warm-up to operating temperature (the temperature

gauge
> registers 1/3 deflecting as it always did)and I get no heat at the highest
> temperature setting, manual or auto. When I drive off, I get lots of heat.
>
> Is my water pump impeller damaged? My dealer says it could be a valve. The
> coolant level is at the top.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave M.
>
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 25 Apr 2004, 01:35 pm
TecH
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: No Heat Idling

Sounds like a good idea to me(if he/she did not change it)...but buy the
Honda one not aftermarket.
"Fish" <fishingrod45@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:j6Tic.20305$Gp.16809@fe1.columbus.rr.com...
> Just curious, does anyone agree that this issue might be cleared up by
> installing a new thermostat?
>
>
> "Dave M." <gadget@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
> news:HnGic.2469$pE3.2459@news02.roc.ny...
> > If anyone is willing to give me an idea about this, since it is not a
> > "Honda"... I have an Acura RSX-S with a heater problem.
> >
> > I can let the engine warm-up to operating temperature (the temperature

> gauge
> > registers 1/3 deflecting as it always did)and I get no heat at the

highest
> > temperature setting, manual or auto. When I drive off, I get lots of

heat.
> >
> > Is my water pump impeller damaged? My dealer says it could be a valve.

The
> > coolant level is at the top.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Dave M.
> >
> >
> >

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 28 Apr 2004, 11:52 am
Fish
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: No Heat Idling

Dave,

What is the resolution on this?


"Dave M." <gadget@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
news:HnGic.2469$pE3.2459@news02.roc.ny...
> If anyone is willing to give me an idea about this, since it is not a
> "Honda"... I have an Acura RSX-S with a heater problem.
>
> I can let the engine warm-up to operating temperature (the temperature

gauge
> registers 1/3 deflecting as it always did)and I get no heat at the highest
> temperature setting, manual or auto. When I drive off, I get lots of heat.
>
> Is my water pump impeller damaged? My dealer says it could be a valve. The
> coolant level is at the top.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave M.
>
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 28 Apr 2004, 09:25 pm
Lex
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: No Heat Idling

do you mean you get heat/no heat from your vents? it may be a problem in the
vent system, one of the air mixture doors may not be working.
"Dave M." <gadget@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
news:HnGic.2469$pE3.2459@news02.roc.ny...
> If anyone is willing to give me an idea about this, since it is not a
> "Honda"... I have an Acura RSX-S with a heater problem.
>
> I can let the engine warm-up to operating temperature (the temperature

gauge
> registers 1/3 deflecting as it always did)and I get no heat at the highest
> temperature setting, manual or auto. When I drive off, I get lots of heat.
>
> Is my water pump impeller damaged? My dealer says it could be a valve. The
> coolant level is at the top.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave M.
>
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 05 May 2004, 01:11 am
George Pennington
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: No Heat Idling

the RSX used an electronic mode control to determine hot/cold air mix, the
proble is either with the hot/cold selector switch or the air mix motor
itself, the motor is relatively inexpensive compered to the selector, which
I believe comes as the entire heater control panel for about 800-900
dollars.
"Fish" <fishingrod45@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:0jRjc.2980$ZD3.190@fe1.columbus.rr.com...
> Dave,
>
> What is the resolution on this?
>
>
> "Dave M." <gadget@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
> news:HnGic.2469$pE3.2459@news02.roc.ny...
> > If anyone is willing to give me an idea about this, since it is not a
> > "Honda"... I have an Acura RSX-S with a heater problem.
> >
> > I can let the engine warm-up to operating temperature (the temperature

> gauge
> > registers 1/3 deflecting as it always did)and I get no heat at the

highest
> > temperature setting, manual or auto. When I drive off, I get lots of

heat.
> >
> > Is my water pump impeller damaged? My dealer says it could be a valve.

The
> > coolant level is at the top.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Dave M.
> >
> >
> >

>
>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Idling speed R. P. Honda 3 16 17 Jan 2005 10:50 pm
96 ex stalling while idling lrego Honda 2 2 16 Jan 2005 03:51 pm
ACURA RSX-S No Heat idling Dave M. Acura 2 25 Apr 2004 06:38 pm
revs while idling Matt Roos Honda 2 7 06 Mar 2004 09:26 am
Idling mim Honda 2 1 13 Feb 2004 10:03 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.