Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 19 Apr 2004, 04:27 pm
Jafir Elkurd
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: $12 Spark Plugs!

I would stick with the NGK $12 plugs (but you can get them from any place
that sells NGK, www.oreillyauto.com has them for $9.89). There is a
non-platinum standard electrode plug for about $2 a piece, but I've not
tried them in and cannot recommend them.

NGK 4363 is the retail part number for the pricey ones
and I think 2262 is the right one for the regular plugs.

"G-Man" <somebody@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1087m6qqnibtv0c@news.supernews.com...
> So, is it best to stick with the NGK PZFR5F-11 plugs on my 2001 EX V6?
>
> 105k, time to change 'em.
>
> Pricey, but if that's what is needed to go 105k, it's certainly worth it I
> guess.
>
> G-Man
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 19 Apr 2004, 05:31 pm
Fish
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: $12 Spark Plugs!

Would anyone know if the iridium spark plugs produce any noticeable
improvement in engine performance in a Honda Civic 2001, over the stock
spark plug?

thanks.


"Jafir Elkurd" <jafir@nospam.no.spam.hotpop.com> wrote in message
news:1088h21iikcgf62@corp.supernews.com...
> I would stick with the NGK $12 plugs (but you can get them from any place
> that sells NGK, www.oreillyauto.com has them for $9.89). There is a
> non-platinum standard electrode plug for about $2 a piece, but I've not
> tried them in and cannot recommend them.
>
> NGK 4363 is the retail part number for the pricey ones
> and I think 2262 is the right one for the regular plugs.
>
> "G-Man" <somebody@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:1087m6qqnibtv0c@news.supernews.com...
> > So, is it best to stick with the NGK PZFR5F-11 plugs on my 2001 EX V6?
> >
> > 105k, time to change 'em.
> >
> > Pricey, but if that's what is needed to go 105k, it's certainly worth it

I
> > guess.
> >
> > G-Man
> >
> >

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 19 Apr 2004, 09:25 pm
disallow
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: $12 Spark Plugs!

i put those in my '98 civic. They wore out after
40000kms. Its like the electrode deteriorated, so the gap was way
too wide, and that heated them up even more, and they just
plain wore out. They had the regular nice reddish colour,
so no probs in my engine...

Some pretty hard drivin on them though, Oklahoma City to LA
in less than 15 hours.... thats a little faster than we
drive up here in canada, eh?

t

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 20 Apr 2004, 03:49 pm
Fish
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: $12 Spark Plugs!

whoa, yeah !


"disallow" <loewen_t@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
news:81c9b0f2eb2542e975e5ce1f18fa216f@localhost.ta lkaboutautos.com...
> i put those in my '98 civic. They wore out after
> 40000kms. Its like the electrode deteriorated, so the gap was way
> too wide, and that heated them up even more, and they just
> plain wore out. They had the regular nice reddish colour,
> so no probs in my engine...
>
> Some pretty hard drivin on them though, Oklahoma City to LA
> in less than 15 hours.... thats a little faster than we
> drive up here in canada, eh?
>
> t
>



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 20 Apr 2004, 09:44 pm
Fish
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: $12 Spark Plugs!

But did they feel like they were performing better than the stock plugs?
Anything noticeable when you were driving?


"disallow" <loewen_t@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
news:81c9b0f2eb2542e975e5ce1f18fa216f@localhost.ta lkaboutautos.com...
> i put those in my '98 civic. They wore out after
> 40000kms. Its like the electrode deteriorated, so the gap was way
> too wide, and that heated them up even more, and they just
> plain wore out. They had the regular nice reddish colour,
> so no probs in my engine...
>
> Some pretty hard drivin on them though, Oklahoma City to LA
> in less than 15 hours.... thats a little faster than we
> drive up here in canada, eh?
>
> t
>



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 21 Apr 2004, 10:07 am
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: $12 Spark Plugs!

improvement over stock on mine. much better low rev pickup too.

Fish wrote:
> Would anyone know if the iridium spark plugs produce any noticeable
> improvement in engine performance in a Honda Civic 2001, over the stock
> spark plug?
>
> thanks.
>
>
> "Jafir Elkurd" <jafir@nospam.no.spam.hotpop.com> wrote in message
> news:1088h21iikcgf62@corp.supernews.com...
>
>>I would stick with the NGK $12 plugs (but you can get them from any place
>>that sells NGK, www.oreillyauto.com has them for $9.89). There is a
>>non-platinum standard electrode plug for about $2 a piece, but I've not
>>tried them in and cannot recommend them.
>>
>>NGK 4363 is the retail part number for the pricey ones
>>and I think 2262 is the right one for the regular plugs.
>>
>>"G-Man" <somebody@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>news:1087m6qqnibtv0c@news.supernews.com...
>>
>>>So, is it best to stick with the NGK PZFR5F-11 plugs on my 2001 EX V6?
>>>
>>>105k, time to change 'em.
>>>
>>>Pricey, but if that's what is needed to go 105k, it's certainly worth it

>
> I
>
>>>guess.
>>>
>>>G-Man
>>>
>>>

>>
>>

>
>


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 21 Apr 2004, 12:43 pm
Fish
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: $12 Spark Plugs!

thanks JB.


"jim beam" <uce@ftc.gov> wrote in message
news:A6whc.53793$o45.37225@newssvr25.news.prodigy. com...
> improvement over stock on mine. much better low rev pickup too.
>
> Fish wrote:
> > Would anyone know if the iridium spark plugs produce any noticeable
> > improvement in engine performance in a Honda Civic 2001, over the stock
> > spark plug?
> >
> > thanks.
> >
> >
> > "Jafir Elkurd" <jafir@nospam.no.spam.hotpop.com> wrote in message
> > news:1088h21iikcgf62@corp.supernews.com...
> >
> >>I would stick with the NGK $12 plugs (but you can get them from any

place
> >>that sells NGK, www.oreillyauto.com has them for $9.89). There is a
> >>non-platinum standard electrode plug for about $2 a piece, but I've not
> >>tried them in and cannot recommend them.
> >>
> >>NGK 4363 is the retail part number for the pricey ones
> >>and I think 2262 is the right one for the regular plugs.
> >>
> >>"G-Man" <somebody@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >>news:1087m6qqnibtv0c@news.supernews.com...
> >>
> >>>So, is it best to stick with the NGK PZFR5F-11 plugs on my 2001 EX V6?
> >>>
> >>>105k, time to change 'em.
> >>>
> >>>Pricey, but if that's what is needed to go 105k, it's certainly worth

it
> >
> > I
> >
> >>>guess.
> >>>
> >>>G-Man
> >>>
> >>>
> >>
> >>

> >
> >

>



Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 21 Apr 2004, 10:52 pm
disallow
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: $12 Spark Plugs!

no nothing, also my mileage went way up when i switched
back to the factory v-grooves, but that may have been due
to the gap being out by so much


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 22 Apr 2004, 07:50 am
Fish
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: $12 Spark Plugs!

i think i will stick with my stock plugs until 100,000



"disallow" <loewen_t@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
news:7ab099ca46d86c4097545cd3ae83c4de@localhost.ta lkaboutautos.com...
> no nothing, also my mileage went way up when i switched
> back to the factory v-grooves, but that may have been due
> to the gap being out by so much
>
>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oil in spark plugs bigrob4201 Honda 3 7 25 Jun 2005 11:23 pm
Spark plugs scapa Honda 3 2 04 Jan 2005 12:08 am
Oil on spark plugs ! justsid Honda 2 4 29 May 2004 02:16 pm
Re: $12 Spark Plugs! Ted Jackson Honda 2 3 20 Apr 2004 12:22 am
New Spark Plugs??? 2000AccordLX Honda 2 4 08 Aug 2003 05:31 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.