Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12 Apr 2004, 12:18 am
TE Cheah
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default S2000 came 3rd ( bottom ) in review, to Nissan 350Z & Mazda RX-8 !

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ee/index1.html





Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12 Apr 2004, 01:36 am
mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: S2000 came 3rd ( bottom ) in review, to Nissan 350Z & Mazda RX-8 !


"TE Cheah" <no@spam.biz> wrote in message news:407a2ff1_1@news.tm.net.my...
> http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ee/index1.html


theyve been having probs with the RX8. FWIW, i think the S2k would hold its
value better than either of the others too.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12 Apr 2004, 02:07 am
Cosmin N.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: S2000 came 3rd ( bottom ) in review, to Nissan 350Z & Mazda RX-8!

mike wrote:

> "TE Cheah" <no@spam.biz> wrote in message news:407a2ff1_1@news.tm.net.my...
>
>>http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ee/index1.html

>
>
> theyve been having probs with the RX8. FWIW, i think the S2k would hold its
> value better than either of the others too.
>


Not only that, but judging by the data listed in the article, the worst
performing car won. The Honda was quickest in cornering and braking. The
Nissan had the best acceleration. Cornering response was the only part
where the RX8 was better than the other two.

There are other aspects when reviewing a car than just raw performance
numbers, but in this case I don't think the Mazda was the clear winner,
nor was the Honda a loser.

Cosmin
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12 Apr 2004, 05:22 am
George Macdonald
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: S2000 came 3rd ( bottom ) in review, to Nissan 350Z & Mazda RX-8 !

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 07:07:02 GMT, "Cosmin N." <no@email.com> wrote:

>mike wrote:
>
>> "TE Cheah" <no@spam.biz> wrote in message news:407a2ff1_1@news.tm.net.my...
>>
>>>http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ee/index1.html

>>
>>
>> theyve been having probs with the RX8. FWIW, i think the S2k would hold its
>> value better than either of the others too.
>>

>
>Not only that, but judging by the data listed in the article, the worst
>performing car won. The Honda was quickest in cornering and braking. The
>Nissan had the best acceleration. Cornering response was the only part
>where the RX8 was better than the other two.
>
>There are other aspects when reviewing a car than just raw performance
>numbers, but in this case I don't think the Mazda was the clear winner,
>nor was the Honda a loser.


Hell those guys don't even know better than to compare the specific output
of a rotary vs. a 4-stroke engine. I don't think there was any clear
winner - still can't figure how the 350Z's touted grunt didn't get it
around a lap fastest. IMO this mostly boils down to personal preferences
and a sports car should not be judged on "around-town ride quality". I
just wish all of those companies would go racing with the damned things.

Rgds, George Macdonald

"Just because they're paranoid doesn't mean you're not psychotic" - Who, me??
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12 Apr 2004, 09:22 am
Ted Jackson
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: S2000 came 3rd ( bottom ) in review, to Nissan 350Z & Mazda RX-8 !

In article <407a2ff1_1@news.tm.net.my>, "TE Cheah" <no@spam.biz> wrote:

> http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ee/index1.html


I read the story in the magazine and I have read many of their other
reviews related to other cars. It appears to me that the people that
conduct the reviews know which car they think is best before they even
start the tests. They end up picking that car regardless of the test
results. I advise any person that reads the reviews to also read the
letters to the editor. Lots of readers complain in those letters about the
various car review reports. The S2000 should have been first or second
based upon the test results.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12 Apr 2004, 09:46 pm
Jeff Tamblyn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: S2000 came 3rd ( bottom ) in review, to Nissan 350Z & Mazda RX-8 !

besides which the 350z is plug ulgy if you ask me whereas the s2000 is quite
attractive.


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12 Apr 2004, 10:43 pm
Cosmin N.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: S2000 came 3rd ( bottom ) in review, to Nissan 350Z & Mazda RX-8!

Jeff Tamblyn wrote:

> besides which the 350z is plug ulgy if you ask me whereas the s2000 is quite
> attractive.
>


That is a matter of taste. I happen to like the S2000 and the 350Z, but
I HATE the RX8's design. Those considerations are purely subjective, and
they shouldn't influence the final decision too much. However, as I
noted in my previous post, the RX8 won in spite of being the slowest one
of the three.

I agree with Ted, in most reviews the winner is decided before a single
word is written.

Cosmin
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 13 Apr 2004, 05:22 pm
yessir
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: S2000 came 3rd ( bottom ) in review, to Nissan 350Z & Mazda RX-8 !

MotorTrend sucks!! Read Car And Driver !!!

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....rticle_id=6846



"TE Cheah" <no@spam.biz> wrote in message news:407a2ff1_1@news.tm.net.my...
> http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ee/index1.html
>
>
>
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 13 Apr 2004, 06:08 pm
Adam Drew
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: S2000 came 3rd ( bottom ) in review, to Nissan 350Z & Mazda RX-8!

yessir wrote:
> MotorTrend sucks!! Read Car And Driver !!!
>
> http://www.caranddriver.com/article....rticle_id=6846


Yeah, no kidding. MT gave their car of the year award to the **Chevy
Malibu** a few years ago. In their latest issue they printed probably
six letters lambasting them for choosing the Toyota Prius at this year's
COTY.

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 20 Apr 2004, 04:09 am
TE Cheah
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: S2000 came 3rd ( bottom ) in review, to Nissan 350Z & Mazda RX-8 !

| Read Car And Driver !!!

Reviewer & editor are both mad : a car has DNA & can be born !
http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=6
This 8-03 review was on an older model, new model is noisy bumpy
& pricey !


Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Damage from Scratching Bottom huck Honda 3 3 15 Dec 2005 06:50 pm
Damage from Scratching Bottom klabu Honda 2 7 14 Dec 2005 04:40 pm
350Z run-in Kryptoknight Acura 8 28 Jun 2004 04:49 pm
S2000 came 3rd ( bottom ) in review, to Nissan 350Z & Mazda RX-8 ! TE Cheah Honda 3 10 20 Apr 2004 04:09 am
Re: Total-Boost.com : JDM ENGINES (Honda, Mazda, Nissan, Toyota,Subaru, Mitsubishi) Becker Honda 2 1 01 Dec 2003 02:32 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.