Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12 May 2009, 11:32 am
Clete
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Just had Timing Belt Done For First Time



2000 Accord SE Vtec - 175,000 k. Belts, water pump and oil change.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 14 May 2009, 07:20 am
Steve L
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Just had Timing Belt Done For First Time


"Clete" <lecllaij@halifax.ca> wrote in message
news:k19j059i6q4466d25c9326eug9f0b6ktu0@4ax.com...
>
>
> 2000 Accord SE Vtec - 175,000 k. Belts, water pump and oil change.


So that was risky, isn't 100K the recommend on that?

How much did it cost you?



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 14 May 2009, 07:34 am
jrl
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Just had Timing Belt Done For First Time

Actually the recommended is 167K or 7 years I believe. I got a certified
Honda mechanic do the belts ,water pump and oil change for $375.00. Good
deal.
"Steve L" <srl1215@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:guh2at$qup$1@news.motzarella.org...
>
> "Clete" <lecllaij@halifax.ca> wrote in message
> news:k19j059i6q4466d25c9326eug9f0b6ktu0@4ax.com...
> >
> >
> > 2000 Accord SE Vtec - 175,000 k. Belts, water pump and oil change.

>
> So that was risky, isn't 100K the recommend on that?
>
> How much did it cost you?
>
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 14 May 2009, 11:57 pm
L Alpert
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Just had Timing Belt Done For First Time


"jrl" <mleclair@accesswave.ca> wrote in message
news:qdUOl.26748$Db2.12075@edtnps83...
> Actually the recommended is 167K or 7 years I believe. I got a
> certified
> Honda mechanic do the belts ,water pump and oil change for $375.00.
> Good
> deal.


kilometers?

> "Steve L" <srl1215@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:guh2at$qup$1@news.motzarella.org...
>>
>> "Clete" <lecllaij@halifax.ca> wrote in message
>> news:k19j059i6q4466d25c9326eug9f0b6ktu0@4ax.com...
>> >
>> >
>> > 2000 Accord SE Vtec - 175,000 k. Belts, water pump and oil
>> > change.

>>
>> So that was risky, isn't 100K the recommend on that?
>>
>> How much did it cost you?
>>
>>
>>

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 15 May 2009, 07:46 am
jrl
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Just had Timing Belt Done For First Time

Yes kilometers
"L Alpert" <alpertl@xxgmail.com> wrote in message
news:1D6Pl.30059$YU2.6323@nlpi066.nbdc.sbc.com...
>
> "jrl" <mleclair@accesswave.ca> wrote in message
> news:qdUOl.26748$Db2.12075@edtnps83...
> > Actually the recommended is 167K or 7 years I believe. I got a
> > certified
> > Honda mechanic do the belts ,water pump and oil change for $375.00.
> > Good
> > deal.

>
> kilometers?
>
> > "Steve L" <srl1215@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > news:guh2at$qup$1@news.motzarella.org...
> >>
> >> "Clete" <lecllaij@halifax.ca> wrote in message
> >> news:k19j059i6q4466d25c9326eug9f0b6ktu0@4ax.com...
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > 2000 Accord SE Vtec - 175,000 k. Belts, water pump and oil
> >> > change.
> >>
> >> So that was risky, isn't 100K the recommend on that?
> >>
> >> How much did it cost you?
> >>
> >>
> >>

> >
> >

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 18 May 2009, 06:10 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Just had Timing Belt Done For First Time

"jrl" <mleclair@accesswave.ca> wrote in news:qdUOl.26748$Db2.12075
@edtnps83:

> Actually the recommended is 167K or 7 years I believe. I got a certified
> Honda mechanic do the belts ,water pump and oil change for $375.00. Good
> deal.




At that price, those were aftermarket parts.

Watch carefully for noises and leaks from your new water pump, and do not
allow the new belt to go the full specified interval before replacing it
again.

You will NOT get the same longevity from aftermarket as you will from
genuine Honda.




--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
It's time to change my Timing Belt on a 95 honda accord v6... Zeek Honda 2 19 19 Apr 2009 05:54 pm
Timing belt Time belt j~ Acura 45 28 Jan 2008 08:16 am
when is the time for me to go change the timing belt of my '98 v6 honda accord coupe? Skyo S Honda Technical 4 06 Oct 2007 06:18 am
Timing belt - mileage vs time Peabody Honda 3 61 19 Jul 2005 04:39 pm
timing belt change based on length of time Chris Garcia Honda 3 13 17 Aug 2003 07:22 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.