Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05 Mar 2004, 12:11 pm
dbaron
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default blinking maint. light

2003 Civic Lx Sedan

I've got this blinking maintenance light just after I start my car, just for
a couple of seconds. The
owner's manual states that this happens after 8,000 miles, but when does it
stop?

Dave


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05 Mar 2004, 12:35 pm
bearman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: blinking maint. light


"dbaron" <dbaron38@heyoptonline.net> wrote in message
news:Cp32c.14920$UF1.1799518@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.n et...
> 2003 Civic Lx Sedan
>
> I've got this blinking maintenance light just after I start my car, just

for
> a couple of seconds. The
> owner's manual states that this happens after 8,000 miles, but when does

it
> stop?
>
> Dave
>
>


It'll stop when you reset it. Check your owner's manual.

Bearman


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05 Mar 2004, 07:48 pm
Keith J
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: blinking maint. light

It is a reminder to have your oil changed. The reset procedures are in the
manual, probably in the maintenance section. Better bookmark that page,
you'll need it for the rest of the years you own your car.

Keith



"dbaron" <dbaron38@heyoptonline.net> wrote in message
news:Cp32c.14920$UF1.1799518@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.n et...
> 2003 Civic Lx Sedan
>
> I've got this blinking maintenance light just after I start my car, just

for
> a couple of seconds. The
> owner's manual states that this happens after 8,000 miles, but when does

it
> stop?
>
> Dave
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07 Mar 2004, 12:06 am
Lex
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: blinking maint. light

when you take it to your dealer for service.
"dbaron" <dbaron38@heyoptonline.net> wrote in message
news:Cp32c.14920$UF1.1799518@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.n et...
> 2003 Civic Lx Sedan
>
> I've got this blinking maintenance light just after I start my car, just

for
> a couple of seconds. The
> owner's manual states that this happens after 8,000 miles, but when does

it
> stop?
>
> Dave
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07 Mar 2004, 02:24 am
Scott MacLean
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: blinking maint. light

Oh great, another one of these "answer to every question is 'take your car
to the dealer'" idiots.

Lex, if you have anything to say other than "take your car to the dealer"
then please speak up. Otherwise, get a life and be quiet.

"Lex" <aacevedo4@elp.rr.com> wrote in message
news:5_y2c.53566$lS1.35286@fe2.texas.rr.com...
> when you take it to your dealer for service.
> "dbaron" <dbaron38@heyoptonline.net> wrote in message
> news:Cp32c.14920$UF1.1799518@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.n et...
> > 2003 Civic Lx Sedan
> >
> > I've got this blinking maintenance light just after I start my car, just

> for
> > a couple of seconds. The
> > owner's manual states that this happens after 8,000 miles, but when does

> it
> > stop?
> >
> > Dave
> >
> >

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07 Mar 2004, 08:02 am
Elmo P. Shagnasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: blinking maint. light

Scott MacLean wrote:

> Oh great, another one of these "answer to every question is 'take your car
> to the dealer'" idiots.
>
> Lex, if you have anything to say other than "take your car to the dealer"
> then please speak up. Otherwise, get a life and be quiet.


First of all, top posting is bad. Stop doing it.

Second, have you even bothered to find your owner's manual and look this
up? I sincerely doubt you have.

This is covered in great detail in your owner's manual. When you have a
$25,000 car, do you think you should (a) check your owner's manual for
how to operate it, or (b) just sit on your ass and go to Usenet and ask
for people to spoon-feed you information about how your car works?

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07 Mar 2004, 12:39 pm
Scott MacLean
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: blinking maint. light

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote in message
news:iYF2c.42392$C_5.36204@fe04.usenetserver.com.. .
> Scott MacLean wrote:
>
> > Oh great, another one of these "answer to every question is 'take your

car
> > to the dealer'" idiots.
> >
> > Lex, if you have anything to say other than "take your car to the

dealer"
> > then please speak up. Otherwise, get a life and be quiet.

>
> First of all, top posting is bad. Stop doing it.


Says you. When not commenting on a point-by-point basis, it makes it far
easier to read replies without having to scroll down. I think it's good. So
bugger off.

> Second, have you even bothered to find your owner's manual and look this
> up? I sincerely doubt you have.


If you took the time to follow this thread, you would realize that I was not
the one asking this question, idiot. I know exactly where to find it in my
manual, and have performed it myself.

> This is covered in great detail in your owner's manual. When you have a
> $25,000 car, do you think you should (a) check your owner's manual for
> how to operate it, or (b) just sit on your ass and go to Usenet and ask
> for people to spoon-feed you information about how your car works?


I think I should go to Usenet and provide useless and unwanted information
to people who are not asking the questions in the first place. Oh, sorry,
you're already performing that service.


Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maint Req'd Light Zephyr Honda 3 4 22 Nov 2006 06:45 pm
maint required light Jim Honda 2 11 17 Jul 2005 03:41 pm
Maint Light PMS Honda 3 9 20 May 2005 06:23 am
Maint. req. light Dave Spada Honda 3 3 04 Apr 2004 08:13 am
Re: maint required light Elmo P. Shagnasty Honda 2 0 27 Jul 2003 06:38 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.