Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 19 Feb 2004, 05:12 pm
amsjsj
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default wierd sound

I have a 96 honda accord lx, non-vtec. Ive noticed this for alittle while
now, heres the prob. When im driving at slow speed and ill tap on the gas
padel then let go. It seems like something in the engine still spins then
stops. Sometimes it does it for little longer then the other time. Wierd but
it does it around 20 mph. Sounds like somethings still rattling or clicking
then stops please help! But i dont notice it in neutral, could someone
explain?


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 19 Feb 2004, 07:43 pm
electricked
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: wierd sound

When under load, your engine creates inertia thus the engine can't stop
right away. This is noticable with stick shift cars especially. Turn first,
give it some gas, go second, give it a little gas, go first. You'll notice
the engine can't slow down right away because the engine is rolling fast and
it takes a little while for it to move in to the speed of the current gear.

If that doesn't explain what you're experiencing please be more specific.

--Viktor

"amsjsj" <amsjsj@cox.net> wrote in message
news:EpbZb.6165$iB.2477@lakeread06...
> I have a 96 honda accord lx, non-vtec. Ive noticed this for alittle while
> now, heres the prob. When im driving at slow speed and ill tap on the gas
> padel then let go. It seems like something in the engine still spins then
> stops. Sometimes it does it for little longer then the other time. Wierd

but
> it does it around 20 mph. Sounds like somethings still rattling or

clicking
> then stops please help! But i dont notice it in neutral, could someone
> explain?
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 19 Feb 2004, 10:11 pm
amsjsj
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: wierd sound

well that sounds about right, except i have an automatic same thing? like
you said with stick but it seems like on my automatic it downshifts then i
hear the sound then it stops, so its normal then?


"electricked" <no_emails_please> wrote in message
news:j_ednWtfU6az16jdRVn-tw@comcast.com...
> When under load, your engine creates inertia thus the engine can't stop
> right away. This is noticable with stick shift cars especially. Turn

first,
> give it some gas, go second, give it a little gas, go first. You'll notice
> the engine can't slow down right away because the engine is rolling fast

and
> it takes a little while for it to move in to the speed of the current

gear.
>
> If that doesn't explain what you're experiencing please be more specific.
>
> --Viktor
>
> "amsjsj" <amsjsj@cox.net> wrote in message
> news:EpbZb.6165$iB.2477@lakeread06...
> > I have a 96 honda accord lx, non-vtec. Ive noticed this for alittle

while
> > now, heres the prob. When im driving at slow speed and ill tap on the

gas
> > padel then let go. It seems like something in the engine still spins

then
> > stops. Sometimes it does it for little longer then the other time. Wierd

> but
> > it does it around 20 mph. Sounds like somethings still rattling or

> clicking
> > then stops please help! But i dont notice it in neutral, could someone
> > explain?
> >
> >

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 20 Feb 2004, 01:21 am
electricked
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: wierd sound

"amsjsj" <amsjsj@cox.net> wrote in message
news:0OfZb.6573$iB.2889@lakeread06...
> well that sounds about right, except i have an automatic same thing? like
> you said with stick but it seems like on my automatic it downshifts then i
> hear the sound then it stops, so its normal then?


Right. I mentioned the manual because it's more apparent there since you can
down shift whenever you want. In auto it does it by itself and that's the
whole point of auto. It changes gears when it thinks it's time to change
gears and smoothens out that sudden decrease in speed. So based on what you
said you have nothing to worry about.

--Viktor


Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
98 CRV cold weather wierd problem Charles Hershiser Honda 2 0 08 Feb 2007 04:34 pm
Wierd Magnetic Fields? Joe LaVigne Honda 2 24 12 Sep 2006 07:27 am
Wierd dashboard activity.... Please help!!! DaveT Honda 2 4 10 Sep 2004 09:44 pm
wierd problem amsjsj Honda 3 4 03 Dec 2003 09:21 am
Wierd problem amsjsj Honda 2 1 02 Dec 2003 02:34 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:31 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.