Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11 Feb 2004, 10:44 pm
Clark
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Honda passport 1994 - can't read speedometer at night

I am totally new to Hondas. Purchased a Honda Passport 94. There seems to be
no light in the dash. Cannot read speedometer or gauges at night. Only fuse
I could find related to this was labeled 'Gauge, Turn L.' It was OK. Is it
possible this model has no dashboard lights to begin with???


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11 Feb 2004, 11:45 pm
'Curly Q. Links'
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Honda passport 1994 - can't read speedometer at night

Clark wrote:
>
> I am totally new to Hondas. Purchased a Honda Passport 94. There seems to be
> no light in the dash. Cannot read speedometer or gauges at night. Only fuse
> I could find related to this was labeled 'Gauge, Turn L.' It was OK. Is it
> possible this model has no dashboard lights to begin with???


==============

That would be illegal. Put your head on the seat and look up into the
overhang of the dash. Odyssey has at least three little bulbs there,
I'll bet yours is similar. Your owner's manual may even tell you how to
change them.

'Curly'

===============
--

To REPLY: If there are a couple of underscores in my return address,
you must remove them to reply directly . . . . . . Thanks.

Regarding stage performances: When everyone else has finished playing,
you should not play any notes you have left over. -
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12 Feb 2004, 12:09 am
Charlie S
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Honda passport 1994 - can't read speedometer at night

I looked at the instrument panel on my '95 Passport, there is a dimmer
switch just below the right side of the instrument panel, rotate it
with the headlights on and the instrument panel should light up. Mine
does.

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 22:45:03 -0700, "'Curly Q. Links'"
<motsco__@interbaun.com> wrote:

>Clark wrote:
>>
>> I am totally new to Hondas. Purchased a Honda Passport 94. There seems to be
>> no light in the dash. Cannot read speedometer or gauges at night. Only fuse
>> I could find related to this was labeled 'Gauge, Turn L.' It was OK. Is it
>> possible this model has no dashboard lights to begin with???

>
>==============
>
>That would be illegal. Put your head on the seat and look up into the
>overhang of the dash. Odyssey has at least three little bulbs there,
>I'll bet yours is similar. Your owner's manual may even tell you how to
>change them.
>
>'Curly'
>
>===============


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12 Feb 2004, 01:01 am
Cosmin N.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Honda passport 1994 - can't read speedometer at night

Even with the lights dimmed to the maximmum, the op should still see
some light in the dashboard...

Cosmin

Charlie S wrote:

> I looked at the instrument panel on my '95 Passport, there is a dimmer
> switch just below the right side of the instrument panel, rotate it
> with the headlights on and the instrument panel should light up. Mine
> does.
>
> On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 22:45:03 -0700, "'Curly Q. Links'"
> <motsco__@interbaun.com> wrote:
>
>
>>Clark wrote:
>>
>>>I am totally new to Hondas. Purchased a Honda Passport 94. There seems to be
>>>no light in the dash. Cannot read speedometer or gauges at night. Only fuse
>>>I could find related to this was labeled 'Gauge, Turn L.' It was OK. Is it
>>>possible this model has no dashboard lights to begin with???

>>
>>==============
>>
>>That would be illegal. Put your head on the seat and look up into the
>>overhang of the dash. Odyssey has at least three little bulbs there,
>>I'll bet yours is similar. Your owner's manual may even tell you how to
>>change them.
>>
>>'Curly'
>>
>>===============

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12 Feb 2004, 09:30 pm
Charlie S
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Honda passport 1994 - can't read speedometer at night

Sorry Cosmin, I just checked the instrument lights on my Passport,
with the dimmer turned to the end position, the lights were 100% off.
The dimmer also turned off the lights on the heater switches and at
the shifter. I also turned off my Garage lights and looked again, the
lights were OFF not just DIMMED DOWN.

I also checked the instrument lights on a real Honda, my '01 Accord
that lives besides my Passport, that dimmer only dims down the lights.
Cosmin is correct re the Accord.


On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 07:01:34 GMT, "Cosmin N." <no@email.com> wrote:

>Even with the lights dimmed to the maximmum, the op should still see
>some light in the dashboard...
>
>Cosmin
>
>Charlie S wrote:
>
>> I looked at the instrument panel on my '95 Passport, there is a dimmer
>> switch just below the right side of the instrument panel, rotate it
>> with the headlights on and the instrument panel should light up. Mine
>> does.
>>
>> On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 22:45:03 -0700, "'Curly Q. Links'"
>> <motsco__@interbaun.com> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Clark wrote:
>>>
>>>>I am totally new to Hondas. Purchased a Honda Passport 94. There seems to be
>>>>no light in the dash. Cannot read speedometer or gauges at night. Only fuse
>>>>I could find related to this was labeled 'Gauge, Turn L.' It was OK. Is it
>>>>possible this model has no dashboard lights to begin with???
>>>
>>>==============
>>>
>>>That would be illegal. Put your head on the seat and look up into the
>>>overhang of the dash. Odyssey has at least three little bulbs there,
>>>I'll bet yours is similar. Your owner's manual may even tell you how to
>>>change them.
>>>
>>>'Curly'
>>>
>>>===============

>>
>>


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12 Feb 2004, 09:53 pm
Cosmin N.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Honda passport 1994 - can't read speedometer at night

That's what I thought, in all the Hondas (about 6-7 cars, different
generations and models or Civics, Accords and Oddysseys) I've driven,
the dimmer never turns the lights completely off. I know that for a fact
because I always completely dimm the lights, it's just too distracting
for me to have them brighter.

Cosmin

Charlie S wrote:

> Sorry Cosmin, I just checked the instrument lights on my Passport,
> with the dimmer turned to the end position, the lights were 100% off.
> The dimmer also turned off the lights on the heater switches and at
> the shifter. I also turned off my Garage lights and looked again, the
> lights were OFF not just DIMMED DOWN.
>
> I also checked the instrument lights on a real Honda, my '01 Accord
> that lives besides my Passport, that dimmer only dims down the lights.
> Cosmin is correct re the Accord.
>
>
> On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 07:01:34 GMT, "Cosmin N." <no@email.com> wrote:
>
>
>>Even with the lights dimmed to the maximmum, the op should still see
>>some light in the dashboard...
>>
>>Cosmin
>>
>>Charlie S wrote:
>>
>>
>>>I looked at the instrument panel on my '95 Passport, there is a dimmer
>>>switch just below the right side of the instrument panel, rotate it
>>>with the headlights on and the instrument panel should light up. Mine
>>>does.
>>>
>>>On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 22:45:03 -0700, "'Curly Q. Links'"
>>><motsco__@interbaun.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>Clark wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>I am totally new to Hondas. Purchased a Honda Passport 94. There seems to be
>>>>>no light in the dash. Cannot read speedometer or gauges at night. Only fuse
>>>>>I could find related to this was labeled 'Gauge, Turn L.' It was OK. Is it
>>>>>possible this model has no dashboard lights to begin with???
>>>>
>>>>==============
>>>>
>>>>That would be illegal. Put your head on the seat and look up into the
>>>>overhang of the dash. Odyssey has at least three little bulbs there,
>>>>I'll bet yours is similar. Your owner's manual may even tell you how to
>>>>change them.
>>>>
>>>>'Curly'
>>>>
>>>>===============
>>>
>>>

>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
High Idle problem for my 1994 Honda Passport... Micah Honda 2 4 30 Jan 2005 09:55 am
High idle problem for my 1994 Honda Passport (3.2L) Micah Honda 1 0 29 Jan 2005 12:29 am
95 Honda Passport speedometer ? CASPAR Honda 2 3 27 Dec 2004 09:09 pm
1994 Honda Accord Speedometer probl (cont'd) Jerry Honda 2 3 24 Apr 2004 08:18 pm
no dashboard lights on Honda Passport 1994??? Clark Honda 3 1 11 Feb 2004 10:59 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.