Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05 Feb 2004, 05:08 am
mim
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Dirty petrol

Hi,

My Honda Integra 90 clogs up on 2000rpm and I really have to give it to
reach 3000 and up, but after 2000 its fine. I took it to the mechanic and he
said it was petrol wasn't good quality and suggested I use it up and fill up
premium unleaded to clean it up. Has anyone had a common problem? or know
anything about it?

Thanks


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05 Feb 2004, 04:18 pm
T. Nelson
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Dirty petrol

In article <4022241e$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au>, "mim" <mhampars@tpg.com.au> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My Honda Integra 90 clogs up on 2000rpm and I really have to give it to
> reach 3000 and up, but after 2000 its fine. I took it to the mechanic and he
> said it was petrol wasn't good quality and suggested I use it up and fill up
> premium unleaded to clean it up. Has anyone had a common problem? or know
> anything about it?
>
> Thanks


Several years ago, there was an old gas station or petrol station that had
storgage tanks buried in the ground that were over 40 years old. We
stopped going to the station after the family car started running poorly
every time we purchased gas at that station. We stopped buying gas at that
gas station and the problem went away. Several years later, we saw an
article in the local paper related to the gas station owner admitting that
the storage tank had a hole in the top of it and rain water would get in
the tank after every major rain storm.
You should change the gas filter since it is probably contaminated and
fill up the tank with gas purchased at a fairly new gas station that has
newer storage tanks. Also, I advise you to buy major brands since they are
more likely to have cleaner gasoline. It does not have to be premium gas
or petrol.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05 Feb 2004, 04:23 pm
HyDr0
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Dirty petrol

very true about the fuel filter and the major brand buying does not have to
be premium just a name brand


"T. Nelson" <tnelson@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:tnelson-0502041418390001@pm2-broad-151.snlo.dialup.fix.net...
> In article <4022241e$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au>, "mim" <mhampars@tpg.com.au>

wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > My Honda Integra 90 clogs up on 2000rpm and I really have to give it to
> > reach 3000 and up, but after 2000 its fine. I took it to the mechanic

and he
> > said it was petrol wasn't good quality and suggested I use it up and

fill up
> > premium unleaded to clean it up. Has anyone had a common problem? or

know
> > anything about it?
> >
> > Thanks

>
> Several years ago, there was an old gas station or petrol station that had
> storgage tanks buried in the ground that were over 40 years old. We
> stopped going to the station after the family car started running poorly
> every time we purchased gas at that station. We stopped buying gas at that
> gas station and the problem went away. Several years later, we saw an
> article in the local paper related to the gas station owner admitting that
> the storage tank had a hole in the top of it and rain water would get in
> the tank after every major rain storm.
> You should change the gas filter since it is probably contaminated and
> fill up the tank with gas purchased at a fairly new gas station that has
> newer storage tanks. Also, I advise you to buy major brands since they are
> more likely to have cleaner gasoline. It does not have to be premium gas
> or petrol.



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05 Feb 2004, 05:44 pm
GusTheCat
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Dirty petrol


Go to Costco and buy four bottles of Chevron fuel cleaner for $10+ and
it does help.


--
GusTheCat
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted via RealCarAudio.com - The checkmate of the caraudio community.
http://www.RealCarAudio.com
GusTheCat's Profile: http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/m...fo&userid=3684
View this thread: http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/s...threadid=45958

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05 Feb 2004, 05:55 pm
HyDr0
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Dirty petrol

You know im surprised with all the help ppl get around here nobody has
answer to my post. pretty funny huh. i dont think it is.







"GusTheCat" <GusTheCat.116gcy@realcaraudio.com> wrote in message
news:GusTheCat.116gcy@realcaraudio.com...
>
> Go to Costco and buy four bottles of Chevron fuel cleaner for $10+ and
> it does help.
>
>
> --
> GusTheCat
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Posted via RealCarAudio.com - The checkmate of the caraudio community.
> http://www.RealCarAudio.com
> GusTheCat's Profile:

http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/m...fo&userid=3684
> View this thread:

http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/s...threadid=45958
>



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05 Feb 2004, 07:02 pm
Randolph
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Dirty petrol

Keep building up goodwill with posts like that, and people will be very
eager to help you.

HyDr0 wrote:
>
> You know im surprised with all the help ppl get around here nobody has
> answer to my post. pretty funny huh. i dont think it is.
>
> "GusTheCat" <GusTheCat.116gcy@realcaraudio.com> wrote in message
> news:GusTheCat.116gcy@realcaraudio.com...
> >
> > Go to Costco and buy four bottles of Chevron fuel cleaner for $10+ and
> > it does help.
> >
> >
> > --
> > GusTheCat
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > Posted via RealCarAudio.com - The checkmate of the caraudio community.
> > http://www.RealCarAudio.com
> > GusTheCat's Profile:

> http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/m...fo&userid=3684
> > View this thread:

> http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/s...threadid=45958
> >

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06 Feb 2004, 06:59 am
HyDr0
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Dirty petrol

take a joke man i am in fact very patient . you seem to have no sense of
humor. its a joke nothing is ment by it


"Randolph" <trash@junkmail.com> wrote in message
news:4022E7FA.9D9AB102@junkmail.com...
> Keep building up goodwill with posts like that, and people will be very
> eager to help you.
>
> HyDr0 wrote:
> >
> > You know im surprised with all the help ppl get around here nobody has
> > answer to my post. pretty funny huh. i dont think it is.
> >
> > "GusTheCat" <GusTheCat.116gcy@realcaraudio.com> wrote in message
> > news:GusTheCat.116gcy@realcaraudio.com...
> > >
> > > Go to Costco and buy four bottles of Chevron fuel cleaner for $10+ and
> > > it does help.
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > GusTheCat

> >

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > Posted via RealCarAudio.com - The checkmate of the caraudio community.
> > > http://www.RealCarAudio.com
> > > GusTheCat's Profile:

> > http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/m...fo&userid=3684
> > > View this thread:

> > http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/s...threadid=45958
> > >



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'00 Odyssey Losing Oil, Very Dirty bpm4736-honda@yahoo.com Honda 2 13 24 Apr 2007 10:26 pm
'00 Odyssey Losing Oil, Very Dirty bpm4736-honda@yahoo.com Honda 3 2 23 Apr 2007 07:58 pm
Dirty tactics by Honda dealers Spaz Honda 2 40 15 Jun 2006 11:22 pm
Oil seems dirty right after a change Jeremy Marten Honda 2 4 06 Dec 2005 12:45 pm
Dirty Windshield Brian Lamendola Honda 3 8 22 Oct 2003 08:43 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.